DayZ Standalone News

respawn option while unconsciousness

Hay Survivors, 

i wanna talk about an option what i think is not necessary and removes plenty of possible good situations who might lead to role play, conversations etc.

The option to respawn and kill your character while being unconscious!
I know the value of your character is not high at the moment, the biggest value is most likely time you've spend with it and your location (the more far inland the higher), still you should fight for your life and try to stay alive no matter what. When youre unconscious, get tied up what might lead to a cool story and you stay alive is more worth to me than anything else.
Same if im not mistaken and its still a thing when youre tied up and youre able to respawn.

The only way you should be able to respawn is when youre really dead in my opinion. 

What do you guys think about that? Are there other sides i don't see who might give this a greater sense? Did the devs said anything if this is already planned to get removed in beta? 
Im interested in hearing your opinion guys

(correct me if im wrong somewhere ;) )

• Like 3

Very good point, also been very upset when somebody gave up... But i would apply  a timer like 5-10 mins - so if some1 stays uncon for 10 mins, then he is able to respawn :) So ppl won't throw up game for the evening cuz they had to wait for very long or ppl tied them up and held for HUGE amount of time ;)

I think it will be fine to delete respawn while unc. 

And i my opinion it will be best to set respawn time to like 3 minutes - So poeple will not respawn 150x somewhere until they spawn for example in electro (or on location where they want to be)

It possible to stay unconscious for hours on end. So like other have said maybe put a time on it. 

Say if you are unconscious you need to wait 3 minutes before you can use the respawn.

7 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

It possible to stay unconscious for hours on end. So like other have said maybe put a time on it. 

Say if you are unconscious you need to wait 3 minutes before you can use the respawn.

This, waiting for hours on the black screen isn't really the best time spent in a game.

A delay would be perfectly fine though.

My only issue there is the times I've sat "unconcious" for 15 minutes.  FIFTEEN MINUTES!  Then I died.  Another instance had my uncon for, I'm assuming, eternity because I was actually dead, friend made it to my body and confirmed this while I was still staring at "you and unconcious"

If we can work out a reasonable timeframe I'm all for it but anything over 5 minutes realtime is just going to have me ALT+F4 9 times out of 10

IMHO would be better to delay the respawn time after deciding to kill your own character, instead of prolonging the unconsciousness time.

A delay time until the respawn are ok. What annoys me more is the function that the character dies when you log out / disconnect if you are tied or unconscious. I am clear that the one function is to prevent Combat-Log, but especially on RP sides this is very frustrating (disconnecting by fail connection) . I would appreciate it more when one logout / disconnect makes / has the Char starts to flash or shine so all involved know what is going on and this is about 60 sec. So also know the PvP friends what to do ... if the caught "flashes".

Yep, I really wish people wouldn't be able to respawn out of whatever their reasons are when i knock them out.

From time to time I knock a geared player out and he respawns when all I would have taken are his shoes :P

anyone remember BF2142/Bf2.. could kill someone, then revive them, kill, revive. etc..   I could see the real a-holes doing this for fun.  knock them uncon, then revive and repeat

bah, whose bothered about someone else RP lols. If the victim wants the experience  they have a choice. I have limited game time and I'd prefer to spend it creating a new life time. 

What would be the point?  So my character can wake up from his coma years from now and no longer recognize the world he once knew?

YES please! I was nearly going to post the same thing! :) 

SOOOO many times I've been in a fire fight, luckily knock a guy out instead of kill and after bandaging them and tying them up to perform my usual robbery the bugger respawns :( 
It ruins so many chances to interact, it really could only improve game play rather than have any negative impact. The only negative I see is people being unconscious for a VERY long time if they are dying from sickness or starvation/thirst. 

• Like 1

This really only affects solo players.  As a group you at least have a chance to be revived and if they have no means to revive you, they can kill you and feast on your corpse so you can respawn.

Well as i'm older i would respawn IF a sick minded puppy was messing with me, tea bagging, cursing, name calling, and stuff like that.

NO...plain and simple.  No need to prolong or allow the brutality of others just so Neanderthals can have giggles.  If that is the case then we most definitely should have a dead list that anyone you kill goes on, and they are not seen by you again, unless you take them off your list.  If you go on someone else's deadlist, and they take you off you'll need to verify that action.  That way a griefer can't constantly grief the same dude. 

On 6/8/2017 at 10:46 AM, Sqeezorz said:

A delay time until the respawn are ok. What annoys me more is the function that the character dies when you log out / disconnect if you are tied or unconscious. I am clear that the one function is to prevent Combat-Log, but especially on RP sides this is very frustrating (disconnecting by fail connection) . I would appreciate it more when one logout / disconnect makes / has the Char starts to flash or shine so all involved know what is going on and this is about 60 sec. So also know the PvP friends what to do ... if the caught "flashes".

That feeling when your buddy puts a pair of handcuffs on you just for laughs, and then the server goes down.  SMH...

Definitely would love to see a 5 min timer before respawn during unconsciousness; it usually only takes me two minues tops to clean up the area and decide if it is safe to restrain and revive a player.

I don't like to tap out but sometimes it can be a long wait to revive if your playing alone.