Sign in to follow this  
Rayolty

Multiple Characters on specific servers..?

When logging into certain servers, I have one character and then I log onto a different one(varies server), No this isn't a public/private case, i believe its a server issue. anyone else having the same problem of having multiple characters?

Playing this morning, I joined off an friend on what he told me was a Public Unofficial.  We looted up for a little while till the server restarted.  We have a little tradition of taking alternative turns selecting a server (I live in the UK, he in the US...for the ping, baby!) when we experience a restart.  I chose a UK Official server and arrived as a fresh spawn north of Rify which was definitely not where I was on the previous server.  I put the disrepancy down to him accidently selecting a Private server despite him swearing it was a Public.  But having read your post, I might owe him an apology.

Have the Official and Unofficial servers had a divorce?  Are they no longer on speaking terms? 

I actually think it's not too bad an idea. This neatly avoids the issue of asshats renting their own servers to loot undisturbed and then flood then official servers with the gear.

It just needs to be clearly differentiated in the server browser. Also, filtering servers by active character needs to work right after starting the game, not after I have played a character.

7 minutes ago, pixel91 said:

I actually think it's not too bad an idea. This neatly avoids the issue of asshats renting their own servers to loot undisturbed and then flood then official servers with the gear.

It just needs to be clearly differentiated in the server browser. Also, filtering servers by active character needs to work right after starting the game, not after I have played a character.

The idea seems good, but not working as intended I guess.
Some UI option to select official/un-official would be a good thing as well.

14 hours ago, Iqfish said:

I created a bug report.

It turns out that this horrible change was  INTENTIONAL without them communicating it to us.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125435

did they state or have they stated how long it will be for?

I get new chars whenever I switch between public official servers too (if by that, we mean UK 5-71, NJ 1-14, etc).

Oh well, at least no one will be losing much good gear...