Sign in to follow this  
MooseByte

New patch!?

I updated my game today, sign in, and I spawned somewhere different, and I don't have any of my loot. Like starting over again. Anyone else have this issue?

Every major stable update will come with a full wipe of the servers Moose.. everyone starts from scratch again

• Like 1

Thanks. So that's what that was? A major stable update? Is there a list of all the changes?

Bear in mind that characters are also not persistent between public 'official' servers and public privately-rented ones. So don't be surprised if your char on (eg) "DayZ NJ 2-2" is not the same as that on "DayZ Insert-inane-phrase-here".

That said, this is a wonderful patch - probably the most immersive the game has been for me in some time. Oh, and blackhead has gone!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 2:45 AM, MooseByte said:

Thanks. So that's what that was? A major stable update? Is there a list of all the changes?

Nothing useful.

You get a more immersive environment at half the frame rates  

8 hours ago, broguenz said:

Nothing useful.

How about you post factual information, not your half baked opinions mate.

@MooseByte It's all here:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#v0.62.139835_.2807_Jun_2017.29

Edited by DannyDog

10 hours ago, DannyDog said:

I have to agree with him , the fps is garbage compared to .61 . Sure it looks nice , but I want playability before good looks , I guess the devs think the exact opposite way .

Just now, blackberrygoo said:

I have to agree with him , the fps is garbage compared to .61 . Sure it looks nice , but I want playability before good looks , I guess the devs think the exact opposite way .

Has the patch halved peoples frame rates? Probably to do with your rig. My game feels practically the same as .61

What fps do you get? Perhaps you're referring to the huge fps drop you get after driving vehicles for awhile which is most likely the cause of numerous memory crashes people have been getting.

3 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Has the patch halved peoples frame rates? Probably to do with your rig. My game feels practically the same as .61

What fps do you get? Perhaps you're referring to the huge fps drop you get after driving vehicles for awhile which is most likely the cause of numerous memory crashes people have been getting.

Haven't tried driving vehicles yet , most likely not my rig .... it's easy to tell when before the patch I had 45-60 fps in towns and now it's down to ~ 30 fps everywhere except the woods .. clearly plenty of optimization to be had with the new lighting and such , I'm not going to complain too hard due to the fact that I'm not really playing dayz like I used to ; it just doesn't have much to it still and isn't enjoyable with even less frames . I can't wait until .63 debuts and brings some content with all this fancy eye candy .

Edited by blackberrygoo

@blackberrygoo

Yea but i don't think its fair to say the devs don't prefer playability before good lucks.

9 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

13 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

@blackberrygoo

Yea but i don't think its fair to say the devs don't prefer playability before good lucks.

Then why push off all of their beta priorities for multiple graphic / audio patches that could have been pushed after beta release ?

They were working with a clear , concise goal during the first 3 years but I feel like their priorities went bad somewhere along the 3rd to current year ; they fell behind and felt bad that it happened so they threw some graphical patches at us that they probably weren't even planning on pushing before beta , that's my opinion that forms the idea of their priorities being backwards , but again it's my opinion .

At least the games still patching , but to anyone else outside the loop of dayz development the game looks like it is ignoring its ultimate goal of reaching beta and eventually 1.0 , and For those in the loop of development we are either waiting for better patches or playing in some infatuated manner mostly tied to relaxing solo adventures or play sessions with friends that are really enjoyable because of those we play with , not the game itself .

Honeymoon phase has died for most of us with dayz , now we are waiting for that "after therapy" phase where we can feel like we love each other again .... 

Edited by blackberrygoo

20 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Then why push off all of their beta priorities for multiple graphic / audio patches that could have been pushed after beta release ?

They were working with a clear , concise goal during the first 3 years but I feel like their priorities went bad somewhere along the 3rd to current year ; they fell behind and felt bad that it happened so they threw some graphical patches at us that they probably weren't even planning on pushing before beta , that's my opinion that forms the idea of their priorities being backwards , but again it's my opinion .

At least the games still patching , but to anyone else outside the loop of dayz development the game looks like it is ignoring its ultimate goal of reaching beta and eventually 1.0 , and For those in the loop of development we are either waiting for better patches or playing in some infatuated manner mostly tied to relaxing solo adventures that are really enjoyable because of those we play with , not the game itself .

Honeymoon phase has died for most of us with dayz , now we are waiting for that "after therapy" phase where we can feel like we love each other again .... 

Do you read their FORTNIGHTLY status reports? Because if you don't then you should take a read at this one:

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-02-may-2017

This report tells you about .62 and why its a graphic/audio update and their plans on .63 (beta).

After skimming through that report and the ones before I don't think they clearly state why they they're doing .62 and such and such. I think its mainly because they can decide what update contains what and don't have to justify every single decision they do to the consumer. But even so they already have by telling us for .62 they wanted to give us an update that the artists and designers have been working on while .63 is in development. (For clarification "the work on the new animation system and all of its features took almost a year and a half of work" - eugen)

They have not "pushed off all of their beta priorities". You would know this if you read the reports.

I really can't be bothered to summarize every bit of picked information from numerous status reports so if anybody else wants to take a crack at giving him the information his post clearly asks for then go ahead :)

But trust me if you don't read the reports you'll continue throwing out more negative assumptions about the game rather than getting factual information from first hand sources.

p.s if you do read all the status reports then you can disregard my post entirely and i'll assume your opinion is based on your up-to-date knowledge of the current development of dayz.

Also i agree with your last statement.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2017 at 5:24 PM, DannyDog said:

whoa fanboi

It is factual. I'm the one playing my game...the reason why is irrelevant,  performance was better pre 0.62.. 

Edited by broguenz
  • Like 1

On 2017-6-11 at 7:14 AM, broguenz said:

Nothing useful.

No this is pure opinion, 'nothing useful' is what you think and feel - for many of us (i presume) more environmental immersion is clearly useful for, you know, immersion...  from what i've read people seem to have a mixed experience of frame rates but generally it is equal or less. Mine is a bit lower.

On 2017-6-12 at 2:43 AM, blackberrygoo said:

-snip-

but to anyone else outside the loop of dayz development the game looks like it is ignoring its ultimate goal of reaching beta and eventually 1.0

-snip-

From all I've read I don't get the feeling they are 'pushing off beta priorities', if anything this update is part of the requirements for beta release! Hopefully it will give them time to optimise graphics so that when beta comes everyone can forget about this as an issue and start complaining about something else :P

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Hoik said:

No this is pure opinion, 'nothing useful' is what you think and feel - for many of us (i presume) more environmental immersion is clearly useful for, you know, immersion...  from what i've read people seem to have a mixed experience of frame rates but generally it is equal or less. Mine is a bit lower.

From all I've read I don't get the feeling they are 'pushing off beta priorities', if anything this update is part of the requirements for beta release! Hopefully it will give them time to optimise graphics so that when beta comes everyone can forget about this as an issue and start complaining about something else :P

Entirely my own opinion.  Figured it was implied given this is a forum but I guess I could've worded that better. 

It has a bit to to do with my rig, perhaps I'll need to upgrade before Beta.
My point was, same settings, same rig, pre 0.62, I could play at +15 fps than I do now.
Given that I'd drop to 15fps on US servers in CQC pre patch I couldn't afford to lose anymore.

Obviously I need to make a decision to upgrade my GPU or whether anything I'm playing at the moment is not worth the expense.

Edited by broguenz

I don't see you can say they are pushing off beta priorities by focusing just on audio and visual patches. You do realise that .60 (the first graphical update) was the implementation of the new renderer allowing for massive fps gains on almost all systems. .61 included the new sound engine and not only changed the way the game sounds but added removed several bugs like gunshots not being heard by players. .62 has now introduced a range of new textures and models to allow the engine to use fewer resources whilst creating a scene as well ass redesigning aspects of.the map to completely change the western border.

the renderer and the sound engine were the two easiest parts of the new engine to install (relatively speaking) because they were not intertwined with everything.  That's why they were done separately.  It's the fact that  the remaining modules all depends so heavily on each other that is making .63 such a ball ache.

So yeah, on the surface the latest patches are just visual but there's surface of much more that you clearly don't see.

• Like 1