Sign in to follow this  
plasma (DayZ)

why was "fast forward" removed

I used fast forward as a way to bind a macro so I can run without holding the key down all the time.  This is bad for the hands.  why the hell was it removed?

Edited by plasma (DayZ)
  • Like 1

What type of macro you were using? I'm curious because everytime my fingers hurts hahaha

Just reset your keybindings, should fix it.

Was the same for me when I tested 0.62 on EXP servers.

I have the Logitech G910 with macro keys.  I just binded the "Fast Forward" to the G2 key and set to toggle.  Helped long distance running.  My wrists are already messed up and sore as it is, and when I have the press and hold the "W" to all time now, it's hurts.

Not removed, rebind it looking for "Turbo" option and reassign it to double W tap

Take care of your wrist! ;)

Edited by oldfossil

17 minutes ago, oldfossil said:

Not removed, rebind it looking for "Turbo" option and reassign it to double W tap

Take care of your wrist! ;)

lol.  actually broke my wrist in an accident when I was younger.  Now at 46, it always hurts

I will try binding Turbo.. thanks.

nope. doesn't work.  they removed the one button that is the true one key-press "sprint".  now it's either toggle run or walk.  bummed about this and now the public/official servers are not on the same hive.  This has taken some of the fun out for me..  might be time to give up Dayz

2 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

nope. doesn't work.  they removed the one button that is the true one key-press "sprint".  now it's either toggle run or walk.  bummed about this and now the public/official servers are not on the same hive.  This has taken some of the fun out for me..  might be time to give up Dayz

Yeah, the two key sprinting definitely causes fatigue.  Perhaps you can find a mechanical solution to ease the strain; I use a pair of nail clippers and a nickle to jam my W and shift keys when desired.

About quitting DayZ because of the separation of public rented and official servers:  How could this possibly make the game less fun for you?  If it is because you enjoyed looting up safely on a rented server, only to go steamroll the official servers, then good riddance.  That is a pay-to-win strategy that spoils the game for others.
No offense, I just really can't see how having separate hives for official and rented public servers makes anyone's life harder, unless they are cheesing it to begin with.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Yeah, the two key sprinting definitely causes fatigue.  Perhaps you can find a mechanical solution to ease the strain; I use a pair of nail clippers and a nickle to jam my W and shift keys when desired.

About quitting DayZ because of the separation of public rented and official servers:  How could this possibly make the game less fun for you?  If it is because you enjoyed looting up safely on a rented server, only to go steamroll the official servers, then good riddance.  That is a pay-to-win strategy that spoils the game for others.
No offense, I just really can't see how having separate hives for official and rented public servers makes anyone's life harder, unless they are cheesing it to begin with.

Could he mean that all rented servers acts as private hive at the moment when rented servers won't connect every time to the same hive? Any ways that's a bug and BI has acknowledged it.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Pineapple said:

Could he mean that all rented servers acts as private hive at the moment when rented servers won't connect every time to the same hive? Any ways that's a bug and BI has acknowledged it.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125451

Posting just in case the ticket

Edited by St. Jimmy