Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139835

Hello!

We changed tweaks for ambient sounds today.

I hope you like it!

Without character wipe.

Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.

• Like 15

Will check them out as soon as I get home. :)

Edited by IMT

I'm really interested in hearing feedback about today's build, since I'm just now beginning my work day! :(

It's okay, I'll live vicariously through the rest of you.

• Like 3

Thank you for the no character wipe. I look forward to hearing the new sounds.

10 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

I'm really interested in hearing feedback about today's build, since I'm just now beginning my work day! :(

It's okay, I'll live vicariously through the rest of you.

OH MY GOD THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. NO MORE BIRD OR INSECT NOISES IN THE AMBIENT LOOPS.

PRAISE THE LORDS!!

• Like 5

Just now, DannyDog said:

OH MY GOD THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. NO MORE BIRD OR INSECT NOISES IN THE AMBIENT LOOPS.

PRAISE THE LORDS!!

Like... none at all? That's somewhat disappointing :(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tatanko said:

Like... none at all? That's somewhat disappointing :(

Umm hmm.. Yes it would appear so. Which is actually a good thing because now they can layer those elements in as positional sound sources in the game. Gives the potential now for a much more immersive atmosphere.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 6

If the sound of environment is equal as the number of real animals of the map, we could expect silence on 99% on the map. 

To listen song, zombies are sure value :)

I hope birds later in the forest to hunt them.

• Like 1

I would seriously miss the birds. Birds are everywhere. I live in downtown Chicago and what do I hear at 5 in the morning when my toddler drags me out of bed? Birds.

But I guess I need to actually play the patch before I form any judgment, huh? :D  In a couple hours...

• Like 4

Still too loud at nights near buildings or places of interest - otherwise it`s fine at the moment. 

Thank you, I will download Exp again :-) Takes me at least  2 hours... but i am really excited.

Just now, Velios said:

Happy birthday, Baty. Go have a drink! :)

Is it her birthday? If so, congratulations Baty. :)

• Like 1

It's jungle out there. :) No i haven't been in real life jungle. But doesn't it sometimes feel like you hear birds that live in a tropic. Instead of eastern-europe autumn forest. Anyway the sounds. Didnt have time to test the night sounds. But the daylight sounds have changed yes. No more constant humming. More like variety of different birds singing every now and then separately. Pretty loud some of them. But i guess thats how it is in real life too.  It was almost silent when i was at black castle. But then i had the full glory of nature sounds at nearest town. Not sure yet if this is better then the previous version. That's for sure, that these new (0.62)sounds have been better then the old arma sounds. No matter how they are tweaked.

• Like 1

Can't wait to hear, or not hear, those birds...they were driving me Baty. Thanks Devs and Happy Birthday Baty.

Some problems with the servers ... went to UK-06 with loot, restarted, was ashore, what happens to the servers?

Cricket noise is less spam (thanks) and still alot of birds sounds at night it seems weird , BUT the some of the environment sounds are not positional , what I mean that the source of sound is not around us in the field or woods , no they are like triggers ( in engine ) scattered around the map and as soon we enter those trigger space the X sound start playing directly without a direction or a position , not even left or right speaker ( always both) and the result is so wrong like we have it now in dayz .

Edited by Raptor81

Well it makes sense to take the bird noises out unless there's actual birds flying around. Otherwise it just sounds like a recording and takes away from the realism

Already reported this on feedback tracker. There is some problems with todays ambient sounds update/tweak.

Some of ambient sounds kinda doesn't overlay and mix nicely, but just cuts off. The ending of sound loop is not fading out or overlaying with the next loop. The ending is just like brutally cut off.

Hope this is going to help you, guys.

Guys don't like Birds :(

It's time to hide and wait for them to look for us

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Did they ever get rid of that random footstep noise that would happen? Scared the eff outta me dude.

• Like 1

Alright, played a little while and I'm very positive about the tweaked sounds. I think they only might've tweaked sounds in the forest and fields, not the sounds inside or near towns.

What I noticed about the tweaked sounds, the sounds are actually positional now. Also the night doesn't have the constant crickets now, instead they are positional as well. If you move from or towards a sound it gets louder and if you turn your head, the sound turns as well.

The only thing left to do is to tweak the ambient sounds in/near towns, cities, etc. :)

Another thing, barrels completely don't work. I know it is a known issue but none of the crafting options worked, just tried them all. The items disappear but you get nothing in return.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, IMT said:

Alright, played a little while and I'm very positive about the tweaked sounds. I think they only might've tweaked sounds in the forest and fields, not the sounds inside or near towns.

What I noticed about the tweaked sounds, the sounds are actually positional now. Also the night doesn't have the constant crickets now, instead they are positional as well. If you move from or towards a sound it gets louder and if you turn your head, the sound turns as well.

The only thing left to do is to tweak the ambient sounds in/near towns, cities, etc. :)

Another thing, barrels completely don't work. I know it is a known issue but none of the crafting options worked, just tried them all. The items disappear but you get nothing in return.

There are two parts of the environment audio atm. The looping ambient audio that plays based on the zone you're in (town,meadow,forest) and then there are the current positional sounds that occasionally play in trees, bushes and grass (birds, insects, wind foliage). They just removed the animal/insect noises from the looping ambient audio samples so now all you hear are the positional sounds. Which is good :)

• Like 5

Just now i come home... and read. 

The comments over the ambientsound, sounds nice (positions animals, niceee). The Devs make a great jop,  big thanks.

• Like 1