we have some fixes for you:

• hotfix for one of the most common server crashes
  • fixed incorrect object outlines when viewed against the sky
  • tweaked world lighting
  • map changes mainly around Gorka, altar, black forest
  • changed mid level detail texture for Chernarus
  • fixes for birch movement in the wind
  • items should no longer stretch when being rotated in inspect

Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.

Character wipe.
Expect character and persistence wipes for every exp update moving forward!

Thank you for playing on 0.62 Experimental branch.

• Like 24

1 minute ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Good evening, 

we have some fixes for you:

• hotfix for one of the most common server crashes
  • fixed incorrect object outlines when viewed against the sky
  • tweaked world lighting
  • map changes mainly around Gorka, altar, black forest
  • changed mid level detail texture for Chernarus
  • fixes for birch movement in the wind
  • items should no longer stretch when being rotated in inspect

Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.

Character wipe.
Expect character and persistence wipes for every exp update moving forward!

Thank you for playing on 0.62 Experimental branch.

Guess I'll have to say only one thing here: to Gorka!

Edit: well and this: I really love the frequent hotfixes/new build, keep it up! :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 10

I wish you guys did update the stable branch as frequently as you do update the experiemental

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GIGN said:

I wish you guys did update the stable branch as frequently as you do update the experiemental

When the devs deem their current experimental build stable enough to be pushed to the stable branch then it will. That's basically what its for.

Edit: holy crap so many updates :D

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MrBlueandQueenie said:

how large (mb) will the update be @Baty Alquawen?

448.1 MB

4 minutes ago, GIGN said:

source.gif

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, GIGN said:

Then it wouldn't be stable. Stable branch is for less iteration, experimental is for a lot of iteration. Note that stable doesn't refer to how well the code runs but how often the code changes.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, GIGN said:

I love these trolls who came out of the cave when a new patch is released to rage devs a little bit and go back to their cave...

GJ devs! keep it on, and tweak a little bit that bird!

Edited by EdStaffordZombie
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, GIGN said:

You spent very well your first post. 

giphy.gif

I wanna remember you

bp42xie.png

Edited by jostino
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, IMT said:

Guess I'll have to say only one thing here: to Gorka!

giphy.gif

• Like 11

1 minute ago, dystopian said:

How about some FOOD spawning!?

Plenty food around. Kill some zeds, eat some apples, kill some chickens, look in clothes, leave the coast. Should summon it up.

• Like 10

Nope.  Sorry but what the problem is and what they fail to realize is there needs to be more loot available or its just simply not fun running around finding all doors open with nothing inside... 

Maybe it is for you small majority of people who still support this game.  However what made the day z mod so popular wasn't extreme starvation and depravity of loot items... It was the ability to get in find some guns and PVP.  

The map changes a what not look great.  The models are good the clothing.  But quit being so stingy with the loot spawns or implement a system that respawns the loot after a short amount of time for crying out loud.  

Edited by dystopian

2 minutes ago, dystopian said:

It was the ability to get in find some guns and PVP. 

You're looking for the Wasteland mod forum, this is DayZ.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, dystopian said:

Nope.  Sorry but what the problem is and what they fail to realize is there needs to be more loot available or its just simply not fun running around finding all doors open with nothing inside... 

Maybe it is for you small majority of people who still support this game.  However what made the day z mod so popular wasn't extreme starvation and depravity of loot items... It was the ability to get in find some guns and PVP.  

The map changes a what not look great.  The models are good the clothing.  But quit being so stingy with the loot spawns or implement a system that respawns the loot after a short amount of time for crying out loud.  

source.gif

Edited by OliverPlotTwist
same meme twice is a win
  • Like 12

Nice to see new updates daily !, one problem i had was i had a mosin and loaded it with 5 bullets , never used any or reloged or emptied the bullets then got into pvp and i had a empty mosin , quite annoying not sure why the ammo disappeared as i never droppped the mosin either

11 minutes ago, dystopian said:

There is no such thing as extreme starvation or lack of loot.

Loot respawns every 5 secs, just cause it doesn't pop in our faces doesn't mean it's not there.

Heck my last spawn I came out with 3 weapons, 2 with ammo and 1 melee, 10mins after I spawned.

Sure I got luck there, but if that place had been empty, there would be another spot where the loot is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kerbo said:

Then it wouldn't be stable. Stable branch is for less iteration, experimental is for a lot of iteration. Note that stable doesn't refer to how well the code runs but how often the code changes.

^ He gets it.

Wait... in response to "not enough food" it was posted above "kill some zeds"... Are we eating zeds now? We need an infection and sickness system, quick!

Edited by ebrim
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dystopian said:

However what ruined the day z mod wasn't extreme starvation and depravity of loot items... It was the ability to get in find some guns and PVP constantly.

Fixed.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, ebrim said:

^ He gets it.

Wait... in response to "not enough food" it was posted above "kill some zeds"... Are we eating zeds now? We need an infection and sickness system, quick!

He means the infected spawn with food sometimes, I have found beans, dry milk and of course... kiwis :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GIGN said:

I believe it's possible that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the Experimental branch's purpose for being. Lucky for you, I have this handy-dandy guide right here that explains it all: https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Experimental

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, ebrim said:

^ He gets it.

They can have kiwi and other food now

Anyone remember when the devs pushed pushed an update that wasnt ready be cause the cars were jacked and the hatred from trolls flowed like maple syrup on canadian bacon? Thats why we wont and shouldnt see stable get anything that isnt unstable, because even when the devs do stuff to be considerate to the player base they only get more shit for it.

• Like 6