Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139808

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Sounds and sound levels are a work in progress.

I think he means some sort of visual noise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tatanko said:

That reminds me: I think it's time to take a long swim out into the sea once more...

Ahoy Captain!  I'll start getting storing some gear and battening down the hatches!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

It looks like you were fishing off the map to me , the debug zone i think they call it.  Would that make a difference? 

We were able to fish/trap in the debug for a while, also farm and dig worms too.  We were also able to catch rain in pet bottles, canteens and jerry cans.  I don't know if that's changed but I wouldn't think so ..?

I don't remember if tents stayed persistent through a restart but we'll have to give that a test that again.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

Looted my way Northwest after spawning on the East coast.

This tree is in an annoying spot....

qo5oeYM.jpg

Found a truck which got me to Altar.

Then found my way to a wilderness camp which was apparently unlooted, scoring some decent loot.

Found this silly business:

uun0n8B.jpg

Made it to Gryshino and again found decent loot, strangely untouched.

Here you see IMT displaying his 1337 Samurai skillz.

yG41CvD.jpg

LiJgn3b.jpg

IMT and Thurman then rolled through and Thurman drove us to Vybor to hit another police station.

9nIpmo5.jpg

DFGhPIk.jpg

Thurman found a chainsaw and made short work of a few infected before an unseen assailant opened up on him from behind.

I ran for cover as bullets hit the brick wall behind me, then I jumped through the crack in the wall and zig zagged my way up on the hill dropping a hand carried AKM so I could sprint to try to get a vantage point.

Looking down I could only see the top of the police station and IMT kept watch on the bus.

I hoped he might try to come North or try to steal the bus but neither things happened.

After a few minutes I sprinted through town to see if he would show himself but he did not.

IMT and I had to log off, and we had taken most of Thurmans loot as he was not likely to be playing later this week and would be wiped.

Dylan/LibertysSon is a KoS douche.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Ahoy Captain!  I'll start getting storing some gear and battening down the hatches!

Experimental may prove challenging with the near-daily wipes, but if nothing else I'd like to do it when 0.62 inevitably hits Stable in what seems like probably-the-not-so-distant-future. I don't think enough has changed since 0.61 that I am all too worried about it -- I think we can be successful!

22 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

We were able to fish/trap in the debug for a while, also farm and dig worms too.  We were also able to catch rain in pet bottles, canteens and jerry cans.  I don't know if that's changed but I wouldn't think so ..?

I don't remember if tents stayed persistent through a restart but we'll have to give that a test that again.

During our visits to the island in 0.61, more or less everything worked that would normally work elsewhere EXCEPT persistence. It was either 0.60 or 0.61 that persistence was finally disabled outside the bounds of the map, but even persistence worked up until then amazingly enough. During 0.58 we kept a camp on the island for over a week :)

The lack of persistence out there in 0.61/0.62 means that you can only have what you are able to carry with you (individually or as a group) and pick back up when you're done, making it hugely advantageous to travel as a group so that your gear can be diverse while still meeting the needs of everyone in the group through farming, fireplaces, etc.

• Like 5

Spent most of my day playing 0.61 to document some of the map change removals before 0.62 becomes the norm, but did manage to get a few hours of 0.62 in as well. Feels really good now that we're a few builds in, I'm ready for this to be DayZ as we know it.

I checked out the Gorka/Altar/Black Forest area myself to see what changes had been made, and as suspected they were primarily tweaks to object placement and that sort of thing. Polish, if you will. Also made my way over towards the Sobors, and came to notice that the Grass Pyramid memorial is gone at the moment :(

0.62, you're beautiful:

RmOnQ05l.jpg

• Like 6

I really hope they we get weight and stamina balanced properly so we all have to WALK everywhere.

Unless you have a vehicle, getting around should be very time and resource intensive.

I'm happy they are putting in "restricted movement" while accessing inventory.

I really think the clothing pockets, item specific pockets (mag shaped pockets, grenade shaped pockets, etc) and backpack pockets should be handled differently by the inventory system. Some clothing pockets should be accessible while running, while backpacks should really be restricted to a crouched rummaging pose, with blurry peripheral vision outside the inventory graphic.

Zombie-U had this, and other games have similar as well.

Look at all those special pockets on those vests! Is there even a spot for a canteen....?

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Sounds and sound levels are a work in progress.

I'm talking about a visual noise which is pixle related. When standing still the world is fine, as soon as you move the camera or run its like a million pixles swimming around. Practically unplayable. I've got a 980ti and an i7 5820, plenty of ram, good monitor. Messed with all the settings. Battlefield 3 did something similar and it sucked. The tree's do it too when at a certain distance.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JasonEIRE said:

Nice to see new updates daily !, one problem i had was i had a mosin and loaded it with 5 bullets , never used any or reloged or emptied the bullets then got into pvp and i had a empty mosin , quite annoying not sure why the ammo disappeared as i never droppped the mosin either

Did you happen to apply spray paint to the mosin between loading it and attempting to fire it?  If you don't pull any ammo and attachment before painting, it will eat them.
As I understand it, when you paint a weapon, or open a can of food, it consumes the item, and replaces it with the modified version of that item in the same condition.  Attachments won't survive this magical process, because the mounts cannot withstand the turbulence of the wormholes used to exchange your items.

• Like 4

I've had trouble with my reload not working properly with the key bound to a side mouse button.

Key bindings may be related to reload problems, but I have not been able to test this.

It's possible damaged rounds were jammed as well....

One good example of another item specific slot possibility (as boonie hats can feature hooks, and combat knives into boots) are backpacks with mesh side pockets.

These should be able to hold PET bottles, rope, or most any 1-2(vertical) slot items, and be quick access without inventory restrictions.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I really hope they we get weight and stamina balanced properly so we all have to WALK everywhere.

Don't think that will ever happen. Even ARMA 3 decided to dumb down their default stamina/fatigue system to allow perpetual jogging, horrifying some and pleasing most.

I would bet that we will get the same thing: infinite jog and limited sprint.

This sounds kinda like that:

"With stamina in place, sprint wouldn't be intended for traversing long distances (that's what vehicles are for right?), however it will be an important factor for fleeing from immediate dangerous situations you may encounter on reasonable distances."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

Don't think that will ever happen. Even ARMA 3 decided to dumb down their default stamina/fatigue system to allow perpetual jogging, horrifying some and pleasing most.

"With stamina in place, sprint wouldn't be intended for traversing long distances (that's what vehicles are for right?), however it will be an important factor for fleeing from immediate dangerous situations you may encounter on reasonable distances."

It's possible that means that you can run short distances to distance yourself from a dangerous situation while having reduced stamina after a certain distance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Here you see IMT displaying his 1337 Samurai skillz.

yG41CvD.jpg

LiJgn3b.jpg

Yeah, I knighted those mofo's real good, hack 'n slash baby.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Perhaps it could tie into some sort of muscle modifier that tires out after travelling long distances. Like sore legs, feet or back especially when carrying lots of weight. This could affect your sprint and jog speed if after you were travelling somewhere to the point where you would not be able to outrun a zombie. And to prevent that you would just need to stop and rest (use the sitting animation).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I'm talking about a visual noise which is pixle related. When standing still the world is fine, as soon as you move the camera or run its like a million pixles swimming around. Practically unplayable. I've got a 980ti and an i7 5820, plenty of ram, good monitor. Messed with all the settings. Battlefield 3 did something similar and it sucked. The tree's do it too when at a certain distance.

5 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Do the devs plan on turning down the noise (pixle) on the grass? Very annoying tbh.

Weird, i'm not seeing any of this "visual noise" you're talking about and i just opened my game to check. But i do notice ambient occlusion gives visual noise on grass especially when it moves a lot. Also don't get confused by the low bitrate of youtube/streams that can show this problem. Because it sounds like that especially when you say "as soon as you move the camera". But i'm not sure. Possible to show pics? Might be hard though.

Do not make motion blur on zero. Blur make it softly. (I have 20%)

Edited by Sqeezorz

I played in this patch last night but today I have a reset character again? Or are there different hives between exp. servers? Had no 'you are dead' message so it could suggest my character didn't save?

Just now, nl said:

I played in this patch last night but today I have a reset character again? Or are there different hives between exp. servers? Had no 'you are dead' message so it could suggest my character didn't save?

In this patch, Many experimental servers even if they have public option, have the character only on the server where you play, it's annoying if you lost the name :)

Edited by HRF.DAYZ

Just now, HRF.DAYZ said:

In this patch, Many experimental servers even if they have public option, have the character only on the server who play, it's annoying if you lost the name :)

Ah ok, yeah, and the history list is not sorted by date...

7 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Unless you have a vehicle, getting around should be very time and resource intensive.

I really hope this never happens on public servers. It takes now almost an hour to get into desent loot/player hot zones. If they make the game any slower, there will be very few players left to play this game when it goes gold.

Mod's and private servers for this kinds of hc-experienses plz. Let's keep the playing fun.

37 minutes ago, nl said:

Well I don't know, I joined all servers in my history and all available exp. servers and never got back to my character of last night. One server is down atm which I have played in the past (IRL-02) so possibly that was the one I played on.

6 minutes ago, Seitan said:

I really hope this never happens on public servers. It takes now almost an hour to get into desent loot/player hot zones. If they make the game any slower, there will be very few players left to play this game when it goes gold.

Mod's and private servers for this kinds of hc-experienses plz. Let's keep the playing fun.

You can't hope, stamina it's sure ! fore the weight of object and bag i don't know. The Idea of stamina could be fun, particulary when you purchase a group in walking mod and other party in vehicule :)

How about black face!? That face can see at long distance!

Car is riding incredible! Sometimes cant get out of car,need relog!