Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139808

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:
  • changed mid level detail texture for Chernarus

!!! can please - for the love of god - someone post pictures. is this what i think it means?!

• Like 1

Great update so far, got some weird flickering of lightning when turning, but other than that, the lightning is really good. Ran into a farmhouse, looted some stuff and while going out, the lighning changed from far bright to normal like in real life when changing from a really dark room into the light. That was fantastic.

Lightning bug:

Ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125413

Also, did you change the running speed or is it just my imagination? Feels like I am flash :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dystopian said:

Nope.  Sorry but what the problem is and what they fail to realize is there needs to be more loot available or its just simply not fun running around finding all doors open with nothing inside... 

Maybe it is for you small majority of people who still support this game.  However what made the day z mod so popular wasn't extreme starvation and depravity of loot items... It was the ability to get in find some guns and PVP.  

The map changes a what not look great.  The models are good the clothing.  But quit being so stingy with the loot spawns or implement a system that respawns the loot after a short amount of time for crying out loud.  

If you find lewt that hard to find on "experimental" (btw maybe you really shouldnt be playing on exp given your complaining, its experimental ffs) maybe your on the coast? 

Edited by tiadashi

1 hour ago, dystopian said:

Nope.  Sorry but what the problem is and what they fail to realize is there needs to be more loot available or its just simply not fun running around finding all doors open with nothing inside... 

Maybe it is for you small majority of people who still support this game.  However what made the day z mod so popular wasn't extreme starvation and depravity of loot items... It was the ability to get in find some guns and PVP.  

The map changes a what not look great.  The models are good the clothing.  But quit being so stingy with the loot spawns or implement a system that respawns the loot after a short amount of time for crying out loud.  

Let me refer you to Dayz's game description: "DayZ is an open world survival video game."

• Like 1

Please inspect the loot distribution. We need LESS loot.

This isn't Battlegrounds, why is there a weapon or multiple weapons in every house? What the fuck? Is this intended?

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 6

Sigh, didn't play this weekend, played today a little, made it to the central area in my ever lasting quest to see the west in 0.62, well, here we go again :p

• Like 2

@Baty Alquawen

Quick question. I had mentioned this on the first 0.62 thread, but no one seemed to care. 

I really love the makeover of the map with the new foliage, trees, and behavior based on the weather, but what happened to certain towns?

I know the dev had said that the Tulga sky slopes (chairlift and all) were going to move, but they just seem removed completely.

And for some reason, Rogovo was downgraded and changed back to it's pre 0.61 self. Why? Is this a bug or intentional??

Some screenshots of the last 2 days.

E79923A4565977608D97308E397E2D700C294790

0028CC78581277CDD5A7D87BF17E1B926EAA5FB7

BB437AADBACC48FE4344F8FCE76C941F63DF2CC6

CAB5CFDE9562BC934136A966484A486E5AB36D3A

941B1695AE8A0642D1DC61B8714F2630CBC6E4EA

F3216A0D69F83DC19B0C44D7C9EC4DE93B1FDDEE

• Like 8

@odin_lowe the chairlift are not removed, the Devs have him diassembled and all pieces packed on many V3S.. .. the biggest Convoi drive now to the new place...  the new place are prepared in ..chrschstpstzzzzrrrr... oh sry internet problem.... with sending messages.

• Like 5

I just tested fishing with a fishing rod in the sea(?) and even though I had successfully caught a fish, none was produced in my inventory. I'll do it again soon (if I don't die first) and provide a screenshot. Here is a video showing that after a successful catch, no fish appeared in my inventory. Also, I've noticed that pressing F or scrolling my mouse wheel would sometimes not bring up the options to check bait, bring in bait, or open/close my fishing rod.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
Added video proof
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

Please inspect the loot distribution. We need LESS loot.

This isn't Battlegrounds, why is there a weapon or multiple weapons in every house? What the fuck? Is this intended?

odd...few guns were there but books...booooks! lot of books.just thinking that if devs tell every changes what they make?
not one chicken in hours of walking.two towns looted.something is different.

2 hours ago, dystopian said:

what ruined the day z mod so popular wasn't extreme starvation and depravity of loot items... It was the ability to get in find some guns and go KOSing.  

Fixed here as well..

• Like 5

I didn't really see any changes around Gorka and Altar but that might be me. I do think they added a billboard next to the gas station of Gorka.

2 hours ago, koffeekage said:

Anyone remember when the devs pushed pushed an update that wasnt ready be cause the cars were jacked and the hatred from trolls flowed like maple syrup on canadian bacon? Thats why we wont and shouldnt see stable get anything that isnt unstable, because even when the devs do stuff to be considerate to the player base they only get more shit for it.

You mean that 0.61 build where prior to that build everyone really wanted vehicles so badly, doesn't matter which state they were in? Yeah, I remember that build. Funny thing is, I predicted that very thing.

23 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I just tested fishing with a fishing rod in the sea(?) and even though I had successfully caught a fish, none was produced in my inventory. I'll do it again soon (if I don't die first) and provide a screenshot.

It's a bug, not sure if I made a ticket about that in 0.61 though.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

i found chickens....do cooked chicken breast get ruined if i  keep it just in my pockets?
i think it should get ruined quite fast because of bacteria.

1 minute ago, kopo79 said:

i found chickens....do cooked chicken breast get ruined if i  keep it just in my pockets?
i think it should get ruined quite fast because of bacteria.

No, no meat will get ruined if you keep it in your pockets for a long period of time. 

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I just tested fishing with a fishing rod in the sea(?) and even though I had successfully caught a fish, none was produced in my inventory. I'll do it again soon (if I don't die first) and provide a screenshot. Here is a video showing that after a successful catch, no fish appeared in my inventory. Also, I've noticed that pressing F or scrolling my mouse wheel would sometimes not bring up the options to check bait, bring in bait, or open/close my fishing rod.

It looks like you were fishing off the map to me , the debug zone i think they call it.  Would that make a difference? 

• Like 4

I only have one thing to add since apparently the gamma tweaks will eventually dissapear:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I played for a bit today. Loot was easy to find and in 2 hours of playing I did not experience any crashes. The game got a bit choppy from time to time but it always recovered.

It did start to rain multiple times but there was no rain sound (probably a known issue?) and it felt kind of strange to walk in the rain and hear just birds singing :-D

But so far this patch worked not too bad!

1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

It looks like you were fishing off the map to me , the debug zone i think they call it.  Would that make a difference? 

That reminds me: I think it's time to take a long swim out into the sea once more...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I tried doing it on non-debug area of the sea and had the same results

• Like 1

Just now, blackdragon said:

when is this going to stable i'm waiting to jump back into this game?

It might be a while depending on how much more tweaking, etc. is needed

Right after an update, if you don't work or happen to have the timing to get on then, loot is crazy everywhere. By the time I get home and get on, not so much. I made a stone knife, cut a branch for a nice weapon and stabbed me a chicken. Barbecued those two breasts and mmm, looked at the stars and wandered around. Drank from a big pond (shivers) and strolled through a town off the coast and followed some guy all in red of all things. Trees look great, jittery graphics. Sounds are great, footsteps are pretty quiet. I might actually try fishing tonight. :-D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Good evening, 

we have some fixes for you:

Do the devs plan on turning down the noise (pixle) on the grass? Very annoying tbh.

5 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Do the devs plan on turning down the noise (pixle) on the grass? Very annoying tbh.

Sounds and sound levels are a work in progress.