vfxtodd

Spread out the spawns...please

One change I hope will see the light of day in DayZ is a spreading out of spawns. Of course, I don't expect this until the game is closer to being released. But, as far as adding a variety of experiences to DayZ that this type of game engenders, spreading out spawns will go a long way in enhancing game play, IMHO. Spawning mostly on the East coast area makes game play slow and arduous since most interactions seem to happen in the western half of Chenaurus. In the current experimental patch, I see very little loot and very few instances of weapons spawning with ammo. And I don't see much food, either. 

I like the experimental servers because they're high pop to full most of the time. Even when I'm a fresh spawn, I prefer high pop servers to increase chances of interacting with actual people and not just zombies. I've started jumping on DayZ at least once every day I'm off from work. I want to play more. 

Are there plans to spread out the spawns in future iterations of DayZ?

Just go play Arma 3. We don't want to get gunned down right as we spawn.

• Like 1

yeah...experimental servers should have more spawnpoints in my opinion.....at least close of cherno.(to test perfomance in big city)
exp servers are mainly there because of testing....i have tested dying a lot...died maybe 5 times via other players....axe,shotgun in face,fist in face....also i have died in boxing match with 10 infecteds and lot of stuff.also killed my self with gun,fall from height,starvation,coldness...eating bad food
few times i have spawned in deep north and one time in skalisty....but usually spawnpoint is that same place where you can see that ship,or those factory pipes.
but in stable server,spawnpoint is that what you get...if it gets boring to spawn all the time same place in stable....you are dying too much...you should survive.

The spawns are spread out already. You can spawn way down south, way up north or in the middle. Spawn points are good as they are at this moment, not sure what you are whining about.

• Like 2

Well, now you spawn more often near berezino than along the seaside, lol

On 6/5/2017 at 1:29 PM, IMT said:

The spawns are spread out already. You can spawn way down south, way up north or in the middle. Spawn points are good as they are at this moment, not sure what you are whining about.

First, I'm not "whining" about anything. I'm asking for a wider variety of spawn points. Hopefully some day we'll see spawns in the western half of the map. Most of my spawns are east of Kamishovo. Mostly somewhere in or around Berezino. Many times way north east in the middle of nowhere. If the game is to promise a variety of experiences, than spawning people all around the map would go a long way in providing that experience. So far, I haven't heard anything about plans to expand the spawn system. Are there plans to widen the spawn sites? 

Edited by vfxtodd