Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139796

7 minutes ago, KrimZone said:

I have an idea as how you can stop people from spamming wells, just have it so when the animation completes it hydrates them...

It ain't that hard, you already have it with other action like the apple tree, food, water bottles, etc.

Trips to the well aren't as dangerous/immersive as they used to be :(

This will be balanced with the new player controller. There it'll be that you hold down the button to control the time you're drinking. No more start animation, cancel etc. This will change gameplay in a real heavy way. Btw right now you can spam nearly everything. Apples, stones, woodsticks etc.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, koffeekage said:

Pretty sure the vehicles are the way theyre supposed to be right now, they probably arent going to change at all ever again.

You mean until .63 surely?

3 hours ago, mallar3006 said:

Please lower the sound of ambient noise, or at least give players an option to lower it themself

dayz is giving me a headache atm, and if i turn down the effects, i dont hear either gunshots or footsteps...

just lower it with 25-50%...then its would be amazing, or to the same lvl as when theres ambient, but its quiet...

If you could turn it down then everyone would have to turn it down so they weren't at a disadvantage. Just turn your volume down a little bit, yes it's ahrder to hear footsteps, thats part of the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HRF.DAYZ said:

Please lower the sound of the player himself, we listen to much the breathing of our guy. You walk in the forest, you listen more it than the sound of the environment, it's painfull,  mostly with the same song since ten years.

Or an option to reduce sound of our guy and listen the good audio environment

That's part of the balance of the game. You must choose whether you want to sprint everywhere and be out of breath or move deliberately. You ever pushed your heart to it's limit? It's very hard to hear when you're out of breath and your heart is pounding in your ears. Plenty of real war stories where soldiers were near an enemy and they were worried the enemy soldier could hear their heart because it was so loud.

2 hours ago, HRF.DAYZ said:

Not easy to kill a "fly wolf" at the new castle

Sorry for the brightness, i'm not an expert with shadowplay

Hey man, drag your arrows to a slot in your hotbar, then simply press that key to reload. MUCH easier ;)

• Like 8

I pkay a little bit the new update, and saw a new bug.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=940617199

The problem are blue flashing bushes, on the back side from blue car and the bush on the right side of the blue car. ( and the long stick in the front of the cars ??)

The flashing are very short... i have make many screens... this are the only on saw a little bit. Its only if you turn you on the right side.

The rest from my rum are very good, no problems with the Zeds... hear shots on wide distance and breed my chickens. Run from Solnichy to Kamenka...all hiden in the forest ^^. The Sky are very nice, and the work and adjustment from ambientsound work now fine... not to loud and the owls are less --> thumb up. I have the ambient on 50% for better understanding.

(A question: i have saw no one berrybush ingame..  are this one removed ?#&?... i <3 berrys )

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 2

Had a good run today.

A bug I noticed is that your face appears white and ghostly, kinda weird.

Had a nice stay at prison Island, too.

60DDF4B007AE7C0B2A97DD08502F576922AFD90E

• Like 8

i dont know if u guys had made any recent changes to vehicles, but for us playing tonight on EXP, the vehicle wasnt stuttering or rubber banding - it was smooth.  First time since 0.62 EXP dropped - nice one guys!! 

-Evil

• Like 2

5 hours ago, koffeekage said:

Pretty sure the vehicles are the way theyre supposed to be right now, they probably arent going to change at all ever again.

Hope not :-)

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Had a good run today.

A bug I noticed is that your face appears white and ghostly, kinda weird.

Had a nice stay at prison Island, too.

60DDF4B007AE7C0B2A97DD08502F576922AFD90E

Like that? :-)

For a while now, and it's a known bug, sometimes the audio for swinging a one handed melee weapon will play on a loop after swinging.

The fix is to swing and the weapon then swings without audio but the loop stops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spawned in on the southern coast.

Turned towards the road and immediately found a V3S.

The tires needed fixing and rotating but it was good to go.

My player on the other hand kept whining about being cold and hungry so I built a fire and spammed apples.

I drove around the horn of Chernarus and fairly soon was running with Gary Walnuts who had a shotgun and raincoat for the freshie fresh bio fresh haze.

fing was nearby and hoofed his way over, soaking up more of Gary Packrats "spare" loot.

We then beat feet to Novo as the V3S was merely a chassis.

VsiasGA.jpg

Currently there is no way to access the items in this container on a flatbed railroad car connected to the engine.

I'm guessing the engine and the rail car steps will be enabled at some point.

rYZTRmu.jpg

I had found a pump action shotgun for IMT and he was able to make it to Novo in short order.

Then it was time for Saving Private Dudester.

He dodged a few sketchy players along the way but did make it to Novo in one piece just in time to eat, drink, and be merry.

slFx2qE.jpg

Having some things to take care of in the real world, I had to bid them all goodbye and happy trails.

2 hours, no crashes until exiting game.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Sumrak said:

This is more or less a fix that is aimed at making stars viable for navigation (there was a bug - all stars had the same magnitude during night time and so searching for any known constellations was quite a challenge).

Is the night sky static?  And will the night sky change according to the month or season?  For example, will we be able to see Orion from November to February?  If it's static, could you tell me the date of the night sky you use?

Thank you. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ClaireOpen said:

Is the night sky static?  And will the night sky change according to the month or season?  For example, will we be able to see Orion from November to February?  If it's static, could you tell me the date of the night sky you use?

Thank you. 

No, the sky (including the sun rise and set position, and the moon phases) will return to following their regular IRL patterns at a later stage in development. Right now I believe they are locked to a singe day of the year (or a small series of days, due to the accelerated time scale) that repeats every server restart. Every few months, they adjust it to match the current season. You may have noticed that now the risk of freezing to death is lower, but by mid summer overheating will again be a concern. Also the sun is rising a bit closer to the east and setting closer to the west compared to a few months ago (due to Chernarus' position on the globe - presumably the area where the eastern part of the Ukraine is - the sun will never rise and set directly to the east/west). I'm fairly certain the stars will shift in the sky to be oriented to the proper angle for that particular day the server is simulating. 

When the servers are released from this sort of "Groundhog Day" loop, the moon will have it's regular cycles back, and moonless nights will be significantly darker. It's also very probable that later on in development, server admins will once again be able to set their server's date to one of their choosing to some extent, as they were able to back in the mod era. Right now, it makes sense to have everyone on the same time frame so that it does not interfere with testing by adding more variables to consider when trying to isolate the causes of bugs or problems.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

(A question: i have saw no one berrybush ingame..  are this one removed ?#&?... i <3 berrys )

Reported and acknowledged.  The bushes are still there, but no prompt to pick them.

In other news:  I spawned by Elektro and ran up to Gvozdno to meet Gary and Dudester, where we found a V3s cargo.  Drove to Sverograd, and then the new castle.  We saw some strange lights up by Zaprudnoe, and went to investigate a wrecked Lada with an AUG abandoned in the trunk, so we drove on up to Tisy for some accessories.  It was a fairly uneventful trip, until my client crashed approaching the western roadblock.  Gary tripped over the tailgate and broke his neck trying to get out of the truck, after it crashed into a tree.

One thing I noticed about the new dirt roads out west, is that they have some wicked little stumps hiding among the grassy patches between the ruts, just high enough to snag the axle, and strong enough to stop a cargo truck dead in its tracks.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, zap44 said:

Nothing new on the annoying birds I guess :(

I don't know if it's supposed to be a cricket or a bird, but there is a unbelivable annoying backround ambient sound which never stops at daytime. It occurs over and over again in pulsating/frequent pattern and it reminds me on a greenfinch.

Is this really necessary? I mean, every animal, every creature has to do a rest (and shut up sooner or later)...except in Dayz. It's frustrating that I cant play 0.62 Exp at all, because I just can't stand the ambient sound in this state.  

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sharplooter said:

I don't know if it's supposed to be a cricket or a bird, but there is a unbelivable annoying backround ambient sound which never stops at daytime. It occurs over and over again in pulsating/frequent pattern and it reminds me on a greenfinch.

Is this really necessary? I mean, every animal, every creature has to do a rest (and shut up sooner or later)...except in Dayz. It's frustrating that I cant play 0.62 Exp at all, because I just can't stand the ambient sound in this state.  

Yea would like the audio dev to give his thoughts on this and his decision to add in animal/insect noises in the looping ambient samples.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 2

Was in Novaya Petrovka looting police station... all quiet... suddenly interrupted by a bunch of rapid footsteps and a grenade going off. Exited with caution and... nobody to be seen. Creepy.

Waited a bit, but by daybreak no one had taken the bait.

DEX9Pg0.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Gary tripped over the tailgate and broke his neck trying to get out of the truck, after it crashed into a tree.

Dang tailgate killed me twice in three days!

• Like 4

Other than the odd framedrop i get here and there that requires a relog everything runs pretty good. Vehicles are still goofy but that is expected. Not a bad experience at all.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WOLFGEIST said:

If you could turn it down then everyone would have to turn it down so they weren't at a disadvantage. Just turn your volume down a little bit, yes it's ahrder to hear footsteps, thats part of the game.

It seems that the devs are still iterating on the ambient sound balance, so to claim the current balance is as intended is a bit presumptuous?  Maybe they've stated so and I missed that in a tweet or Status Report.

1 minute ago, sanguine00 said:

It seems that the devs are still iterating on the ambient sound balance, so to claim the current balance is as intended is a bit presumptuous?  Maybe they've stated so and I missed that in a tweet or Status Report.

They're still working on the balance otherwise they would've said that the sounds are the way they want them to be. Until they get the sounds the way they and the players want them to be they should be considered a work in progress.

• Like 2

A sound engineer's work is never really finished. Always something to tweak.

• Like 2

Went on a low-pop recon mission this morning to get a better look at all of the new west.  Started down west of Myshkino and meandered all the way up to west of Sinistok.   I was tabbed out in the middle of nowhere to check the map and when I came back in someone was talking to me.  A friendly fellow named Andrew was doing jumps in a lada and ruined some of his wheels and was on his way over to Sinistok to get some new ones.  I joined him, we found two and made our way back to the car to do some jumping.

putting on some new wheels

ZWaMkq9.jpg

got a few jumps in

GAUrVWh.jpg

CsS3CQC.jpg

BhO724J.jpg

RYjV209.jpg

made it across!

qSrvmqs.jpg

Tires ruined again we decided to see if thrown tires would kill me.  Nope.

8hPaqFE.jpg

and finally we did a leroy jenkins leap of faith and sprinted off of the ramp down onto the lada to see if it would prevent our falling deaths (for science of course).  Having died more times to falling than I care to admit I was certain that I was doomed - but I managed to spike the landing and survive the 5 or so meter drop.   Andrew was up next but wasn't so lucky as he leapt right over the car onto the ground and to his death.

rrQniwJ.jpg

not a bad way to end an otherwise uneventful map exploration mission I suppose

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 12

9 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

New update.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Went on a low-pop recon mission this morning to get a better look at all of the new west.  Started down west of Myshkino and meandered all the way up to west of Sinistok.   I was tabbed out in the middle of nowhere to check the map and when I came back in someone was talking to me.  A friendly fellow named Andrew was doing jumps in a lada and ruined some of his wheels and was on his way over to Sinistok to get some new ones.  I joined him, we found two and made our way back to the car to do some jumping.

Hide contents

putting on some new wheels

ZWaMkq9.jpg

got a few jumps in

GAUrVWh.jpg

CsS3CQC.jpg

BhO724J.jpg

RYjV209.jpg

made it across!

qSrvmqs.jpg

Tires ruined again we decided to see if thrown tires would kill me.  Nope.

8hPaqFE.jpg

and finally we did a leroy jenkins leap of faith and sprinted off of the ramp down onto the lada to see if it would prevent our falling deaths (for science of course).  Having died more times to falling than I care to admit I was certain that I was doomed - but I managed to spike the landing and survive the 5 or so meter drop.   Andrew was up next but wasn't so lucky as he leapt right over the car onto the ground and to his death.

rrQniwJ.jpg

not a bad way to end an otherwise uneventful map exploration mission I suppose

Is this you guys?

• Like 3