vfxtodd

Feeling a little frustrated...

My patience is running thin with DayZ. Playing on experimental today gives me the feeling that this game is at the very BEGINNING of its development. The zombies hit me from miles away and get me bleeding from the very first strike. Loot is quite literally non-existent. The night time looks AWESOME. Truly the best I've seen of a night time environment. Too bad the game makes me feel insulted.

Yea, it's "early access". Well, that no longer works for me. Sorry.

Until there is base building, a reason to grow food, or go fishing, there is nothing else to do except PvP. The loot should reflect that. But, today, the game feels worse than when I first played it over two years ago. Seriously. The experimental servers should be used to test new things. Stable should be just that. A stable experience. But, it's not. I've defended this game left and right. Development feels like it's gone one step forward, four steps back. Yea, I'll check the "notification" thingie. But, I don't suspect I'll get any replies that acknowledge that I'm not alone in this experience. I'll keep DayZ installed. I'll keep trying the new patches when they come out. I think DayZ is a great game. I love the concept, and I think it has the possibility of a long future. But, I'm feeling a little frustrated here. So, I apologize if it seems like I'm just ranting. But, I don't think I am. I think there are a lot of people out there who feel the same. I've heard from many streamers who share my frustration.

Cheers. Here's to a long future for DayZ. I hope I'm around when it goes live. Thanks.

How are you man!.

Honestly in most cases I would not try to respond to this kind of opinions because they are almost always made from hate or frustration, but I think this is not your case. It is evident that those of us who have played dayz for quite some time are a bit discouraged by the lack of novelty or things to do in-game right now (and for the last year) besides pvp. Personally (and I think that is also your case) I have exhausted much of the features that the game offers. From pvp, to roleplaying, playing as a lone wolf, playing as a survivalist, playing with my clan, on public, private, hardcore or semi-mod servers, and so.

That said, it is clear that at the moment this project can not offer anything else until the foundations (the core) have been completed and implemented, which means for people like you and me that today we do not find that interest so big and addictive that did have the game in due course. This is a normal process that would have occurred with any other game that is played for a long time and that does not create new gameplay features (for the reasons i have mention before). Maybe Dayz speeds up that process of wearing out with the bugs it have. These, in more than one opportunity, not only avoid being able to exploit to the maximum the current gameplay that Dayz offers, but that conditions and generates a negative feeling towards the game.

It is simply advisable to wait for development to progress because it is clearly not their intention (and personally agree at this point) to denaturalize the essence of the game simply to enhance the most exploited aspect currently by players: pvp.

Have a good one!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vfxtodd said:

This may not *work* for you but it's a fact.

Its an unfinished game, if you expect to play a completed game you will frustrate yourself.

As for feeling insulted, well there's nothing anyone can do about that.

Game development takes time, I'd go and do something else until we reach a full release.

I dont mean to be blunt but all your feelings are down to you. EA is not for everyone.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, OrLoK said:

This may not *work* for you but it's a fact.

Its an unfinished game, if you expect to play a completed game you will frustrate yourself.

As for feeling insulted, well there's nothing anyone can do about that.

Game development takes time, I'd go and do something else until we reach a full release.

I dont mean to be blunt but all your feelings are down to you. EA is not for everyone.

Dude... really?... i mean, you are form Dayz Forum Team and you give this guy an answer like this?

The guys is clearly not a heater (he have a lot of participation in the forums and good rep), he wrote from his sincere opinion on the current development and his feelings about the current state. I do not think that a response from the timpo "if you do not like it, just go play something else" is what he deserves. I can agree that it is not the indicated section of the forum where he should make this kind of post but men... if you don`t mean to be blunt you are not really trying very hard.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vfxtodd said:

My patience is running thin with DayZ. Playing on experimental today gives me the feeling that this game is at the very BEGINNING of its development. The zombies hit me from miles away and get me bleeding from the very first strike. Loot is quite literally non-existent. The night time looks AWESOME. Truly the best I've seen of a night time environment. Too bad the game makes me feel insulted.

Until there is base building, a reason to grow food, or go fishing, there is nothing else to do except PvP. The loot should reflect that. But, today, the game feels worse than when I first played it over two years ago. Seriously. The experimental servers should be used to test new things. Stable should be just that. A stable experience. But, it's not. I've defended this game left and right. Development feels like it's gone one step forward, four steps back. Yea, I'll check the "notification" thingie. But, I don't suspect I'll get any replies that acknowledge that I'm not alone in this experience. I'll keep DayZ installed. I'll keep trying the new patches when they come out. I think DayZ is a great game. I love the concept, and I think it has the possibility of a long future. But, I'm feeling a little frustrated here. So, I apologize if it seems like I'm just ranting. But, I don't think I am. I think there are a lot of people out there who feel the same. I've heard from many streamers who share my frustration.

Cheers. Here's to a long future for DayZ. I hope I'm around when it goes live. Thanks.

Dayz is at the beginning of its redeveloping from this point on it's a whole new game they are scrapping the old dayz standalone.  

• Like 1

The original "end game" of DayZ was to die. - that's all - The point of the game was to survive as long as possible in an environment that was aiming to kill you at any and every moment. People who stayed alive a couple of days felt proud of it. You counted your survival in hours or even in dozens of hours, but the game killed you sooner or later, usually sooner. = And Restart at ZERO. =   Then the "idea " of an <endgame> (.. just iike other games.. ) started creeping in, hey, so - you would have bases, and hang out with your buddies, and cars, and gear, and keep your stuff, they would guard it, and you have stashes, and if  ( - just "if" - ) you die - who cares? what's the difference, no problem - in 40 mins you are back geared up with all your buddies and same stuff and same stashes, no need to SUFFER and hide and run and STRUGGLE and crawl and starve any more ..  The RULE is, as soon as you have ANY game where you EXPECT to have plenty of gear and a truck and some stashes and tents, and THAT is what and where you play nearly ALL the time - then one day it must get boring. It can't do anything else. It has nowhere else to GO.  Hell, if you could build airports and underground concrete complexes and tower blocks and submarines, then once you HAD that stuff at your "base" you'd be back in ENDGAME and hanging out, and the game would get boring after a week or a month .... It doesn't matter how much "endgame" STUFF you have, you will reach that point where you have DONE it 3 times or 15 times or 108 times and you HAVE that stuff when you log in and you keep most of it when you respawn .. The exciting part has GONE  ...  this is why there are NO games that anyone has EVER played  several days a week for 20 years, and never will be  ..   a game like that is just =Facebook= after all..  That's why DayZ was so interesting when the ONLY endgame was to DIE.  Start with NOTHING and avoid DEATH as long as you can. That's all.  Everything else is accessory. Keeping accessories is boring. -   You want stress? - Make ALL the servers honestly 100% public, so the game becomes nasty and dangerous again for EVERYONE. That might work. - xx pilgrim 

8 hours ago, Asmondian said:

Dude... really?... i mean, you are form Dayz Forum Team and you give this guy an answer like this?

The guys is clearly not a heater (he have a lot of participation in the forums and good rep), he wrote from his sincere opinion on the current development and his feelings about the current state. I do not think that a response from the timpo "if you do not like it, just go play something else" is what he deserves. I can agree that it is not the indicated section of the forum where he should make this kind of post but men... if you don`t mean to be blunt you are not really trying very hard.

But he's right. In fact that's exactly what I do. I don't want to play DayZ right now because it isn't finished, and there's not that much of an enjoyable game at the moment after a couple of hundred hours playing (since 2013). I gave 0.62 a whirl, looked at the trees, listened to the new audio, explored a bit and all that good stuff, but there's no new actual content to keep me interested. I'm not going to play DayZ, so I'm probably going to play Fallout 4, or CSGO, or Empire at War, or maybe pick up The Witcher again, or something. I don't like it so I'm going to play something else. I'll probably play the shit out of 0.63 though.

Early Access is not for everyone. Hell, it's barely for me, but I accept that DayZ is still in development.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BeefBacon said:

But he's right. In fact that's exactly what I do. I don't want to play DayZ right now because it isn't finished, and there's not that much of an enjoyable game at the moment after a couple of hundred hours playing (since 2013). I gave 0.62 a whirl, looked at the trees, listened to the new audio, explored a bit and all that good stuff, but there's no new actual content to keep me interested. I'm not going to play DayZ, so I'm probably going to play Fallout 4, or CSGO, or Empire at War, or maybe pick up The Witcher again, or something. I don't like it so I'm going to play something else. I'll probably play the shit out of 0.63 though.

Early Access is not for everyone. Hell, it's barely for me, but I accept that DayZ is still in development.

I agree with what he says, what I criticize are the forms used. Unfortunately (and I hate to say it) it is recurrent to see such kind of answers as "if you do not like it, just quit the game". I can understand it coming from a simple player, but not from the Dayz staff, I think they should be more understanding, at least with the people who argue their position. It is natural that people feel discouraged to continue playing the game in the face of lack of novelty, because they have reached (as pilgrim says) an endgame point, or because the absence of many of the things that had been planned from the beginning. I think that at some point all of us who have been playing this game and supporting the project for a very long time have felt that.

Yes, Dayz is an early access. Yes, the process takes time and the decisions taken justify it (new technologies, cores from the scratch) and we are willing to wait. But in the meantime i think we all need to be as tolerant as possible so that people do not resign with the project because of resentment and frustration felling as a result of that children's logic: "If you can not wait for 5 years for a beta without complaining or feeling frustrated, then this game is not for you".

Edited by Asmondian

But what you quote is not what I said. Rather, it's what you have read into it.

• Like 2

On 05/06/2017 at 2:14 AM, vfxtodd said:

<< Loot is quite literally non-existent. ../..  Until there is base building, a reason to grow food, or go fishing, there is nothing else to do except PvP. The loot should reflect that. >>

You cant PVP unless you have loot, I guess (by PVP players usually mean "military style" pvp, not stone knife fights).. and no loot is a very good reason to go fishing  and grow food , right? = to survive.  So what do you WANT to do ? - have lots of loot around so you can collect it up (for fast gear-up) so it's easy to PVP, or stone-knife it & eat apples and fish to survive ? If there is not a lot of loot, then what type loot are you looking for and what will you do with it? Do you want more tins and can-openers? or you want more AK's and rounds?  And if you are well fed in a base with your buddies all kitted up, what do you expect to do except jaw, joke and PVP ?..  Hey, you don't like your relationship with zombies - check it out, zombies are always too hard or too easy or not enough or too many, read back the forum .. but apart from that what are you looking for in the game? A base full of food and gear you can sit in and not PVP ? Or did I miss the point ? Is this a "collecting game", or a "survival game", or a "pvp game", or a "club meeting" social game ??  or something else ? .. thanx ..

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1