zRain Denk

Base Building System . *NO*

Hi .
First of all excuse me if this is a *repost* or if someone did this suggestion already .

- - - Please don`t add the base building system by creating\building your own base\house . This in my opinion will make in DayZ a chaos like in other games (Rust) . Don`t transform DayZ in that type of game . Everyone will raid other bases, own their own city (like Cherno, by building a huge base and having a clan of 5 - 10 people sniping all around, thats how i imagine this).

I suggest a building system to a smaller scale .
1.With the new 0.62 update day - night cycle i suggest you the idea to barricade yourself in a house by covering the windows with wooden planks ( in the night time i mean ) 
- for doing this you will need Chainsaw\Handsaw (for cutting the wood into wooden planks), Wood (logs), nails\box of nails and hammer. ( I was thinking about pushing the nails into the wooden planks with the weapon buttstock,more realism and .. we need to be creative and efficient in a zombie apocalypse, of course with a small chance to damage your gun ).

windows2.jpg

- i suggest the option to barricade doors too , because of the new zombie abillity to break down the doors . ( i can`t find that gif to show you )

I made this suggestion because i like DayZ the way it is now . 
Imagine your character standing inside a barricated house during the night time with his gun , his trusty fire axe, some bean cans and a gas lamp or a lantern and hearing the crickets , the owls and zombies walking around the house, pushing the door and growling at him . Is not that beautiful ? 

Let`s imagine another thing . Let`s say you got a gun and ammo for it and you hear some bandits talking inside a police station ( yes , a barricated police station during night time ) and then you think " how about going in there " ... or just using your sledge hammer to break the door and let the zombies make a chaos inside there . I would love to see this kind of scenario . 

For me DayZ is that type of game that you need to be in a continuously moving , because you always need to find something to make somthing . I like to play as much realistic i can by finding a shelter during the night and waiting until i see the sun rising and then i can continue my journey . (By the way  please lock the gamma.)

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Edited by zRain Denk

I'd probably dislike building houses/bases like in Rust, it doesn't seem to me like they'll implement it like that though.

The most frequent art I have seen regarding basebuilding, by the devs, looked more like improvised fenced-in areas that seem easy to sneak/break into, kind of like the small millitary tent camps with sandbags.

I think these bases will be more like a place to come together than a bunker to bunker all your stuff and people inside of.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

lmao dude have you played epoch during the old dayz era or nah?

basebuilding could have limitiations when it comes to building directly in cities from the server owners and the development team in general

different players, different playstyles.

I say let them build wherever they want. the problem with a lot of those other games is they make the bases to impenetrable IMO it takes ridiculous amounts of explosives etc. I think there should be plenty of routes into a base or village and many options to sabotage etc depending on the objective or result you're trying to achieve. If the world turned to shit folks would build things and they would take over towns and try and restore order and rightly so there would be folks that would want to hamper or control or take over said areas. I see nothing wrong as well in large groups grouping up to settle an area or control and area as that's what humans do naturally. if there are folks in cherno and they have control of a large area cause them trouble or bypass that should be questions we should have to answer I just hope there are plenty of options to undermine settlements etc. I think it could really add things to do both for PVP PVE and cats who lonewolf and prefer stealth and of course the madmen who want to destroy it all.