Liandri (DayZ)

Killed by Hacker, share your experience.

Hello there survivors. I just got killed by a hacker.

I were well hidden overlooking a field when my character suddenly unequipped my rifle and kept doing so when I tried to get a hold of it and my sidearm. Like a blast from the past of the early dayz I realised I was in grave danger, I tried to crawl/sprint away but got dredged back to the same location. This confirmed my suspicion and I lunged for the ESC key but alas I was too late. One shot to the head from an invisible enemy at point blank range...

Outside of duping/glitching buildings I thought this kind of direct assault were extinct and it's the first time I've been targeted in about 18 months.

So, have any of you still or recent experienced these kinds of attacks? And what can one do in way of reporting said issue?

I believe it's against this forum's rules to discuss hacking in depth. Apparently, it makes people want to hack or something.

True or not, it's a fact that the topic of hacking has been run into the ground around here. Although the same holds for most other issues I can think of, so there you go.

I can recommend private servers, I don't know if they are completely hacker-free but I sure don't have to worry about hackers and the other bane, server hoppers/campers.

• Like 1

Yeah, play on private and whitelisted servers. In 1300 hours I have been killed by a hacker only once, on a public server.

48 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Welcome to dayz

Well, the OP's concern is one of the most legit ones I can think of, we can't just dismiss it by dayz being dayz. This is neither a 'players are dicks' thing nor an 'alpha' thing. But as far as I know, the devs do work hard on eliminating hackers and hacking options, so let's hope the problem is solved by the final release.

• Like 1

About 2 years ago one of them teleported me to him, took my Mosin, then teleported me back. That was rather weird experience.

i once tried a man teleported in front of me and threw a grenate and then he was gone and i blew up. wtf 

another time i was camping in radio tower at nwaf when suddently the door upstair opened and closed 20 times at least and when that got boring i got one tapped in the head. ( i had been prone for 30 min so nobody could see me up there.

those are the only 2 times i encountered a hacker and it was on private server blue waffle. 

Edited by AviX

Thanks for the heads up, I wont dwell on the technicality of said hack.

You understood my concern Kirov, I mostly play lonewolf and my playstyle is very slow and methodical with my characters living for weeks and months so dying like this tend to make me lose motivation for the game. Dying is a part of the Dayz title but hacking is not. So I want to unravel whatever this is a rampart issue or an isolated incident.

Edit: @Avix, Blue waffle is private shard yet open if I rememer correctly, I used to play some there but I never encountered hacking. This last incident was on a public russian server which is quite ironic.

On a different note, can admins spot incidents in the server log? 

Edited by Liandri (DayZ)

26 minutes ago, Liandri (DayZ) said:

You understood my concern Kirov, I mostly play lonewolf and my playstyle is very slow and methodical with my characters living for weeks and months so dying like this tend to make me lose motivation for the game. Dying is a part of the Dayz title but hacking is not. So I want to unravel whatever this is a rampart issue or an isolated incident.

Edit: @Avix, Blue waffle is private shard yet open if I rememer correctly, I used to play some there but I never encountered hacking. This last incident was on a public russian server which is quite ironic.

Well, I follow a similar playstyle and for the sake of immersion/adrenaline, I tend to choose HC servers with ample amounts of non-accelerated nights. Such servers are usually low- to medium-pop as people shun HC/night and I've never met a hacker on one, even in hot zones. You can try German ones like wesurvive and borntosurvive. I think they're 3PP and accelerated, but they provide a decent level of danger without constant PVP.

Russia is a powerhouse in the hacking business and I heard recently that there are tools you can't even buy if you're not Russian (I'm not one despite the nickname). I don't know how this affects Russian servers, it's just too easy to hop away. But I like to imagine they flock to one server and kill one another, calling each other 'lame hacker' in the progress. God I'd like to know what you get from cheating in a regular video game...

On a side note, just today I played experimental and suffered so huge desync that it would teleport me all around Turovo like stupid. I wonder if anyone saw me and thought it's cheat. Oh well.

On 2017-6-4 at 7:20 PM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I'd like to know what you get from cheating in a regular video game.

A sense of power, is the general consensus.

On 6/4/2017 at 8:41 AM, Liandri (DayZ) said:

Outside of duping/glitching buildings

wait, I can duplicate buildings?  i'm loving dayz even more now ;)