Marreta

Look this Devs some inspiration from indies :D

A stalker fan made this, sorry to post here but , this resembles dayz too

Dayz nights need this atmosphere :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantasisg said:

Who the hell uses flashlights in situation like this....

Someone that doesn't want to run face first into a tree. Rain during the night is practically pitch black.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Who the hell uses flashlights in situation like this....

2 squads the really fair to play. (Of course, only on private-hives WL possible, but this is really, unbelievable, or?)

4 hours ago, tiadashi said:

people would just turn up the gamma 8P

I believe there's an upcoming tool which will give jack shit to gamma uppers (all you'll get will be patches of grey, no contours). DayZ night needs serious improvement but when it gets one, I'm gonna play it like there's no tomorrow.

Games with creatures spawning behind you drive me nuts.... but the environment sounds are great.

If you don't use flashlights in dark, during the time eye gets used to darkness, and you begin to see. If you use flashlight you see only where light is projected, bonus you make yourself visible as fcuk. 

So who the hell uses flashlights in situation like this ? 

Is this slenderman gameplay ?

44 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

If you don't use flashlights in dark, during the time eye gets used to darkness, and you begin to see. If you use flashlight you see only where light is projected, bonus you make yourself visible as fcuk. 

So who the hell uses flashlights in situation like this ? 

Is this slenderman gameplay ?

Sure thing mate, just disadvantage yourself for hours until your eyes have fully adjusted to darkness. Because it does not take a few minutes for your eyes to fully adjust. You see the most change of eye sensitivity in the first few minutes but in a scene like the video where its raining and night with no moonlight or external light sources (besides the flashlights) you won't be able to see jack shit. It only works if there's low light not NO light.

• Like 2

We are not owls, so we need a lot of a minimum light. The human eye does not see any colors in the night as we only have the black / white receptors active. But I do not like to play the teacher, just go without light in the basement, but be careful.

At this point I would rather be interested in whether the different glasses will ever have a mechanic, sunglasses are clear, but the other spectacles. Will there be any use? Will an illness restrict our vision? Everything I'm thinking.

Have you guys ever played DayZ at night ? 

I'm aware that there are different kinds of darkness. I have had a bit of life some years ago, and being on foot after midnight, sometimes in forest wasn't really unusual. And it doesn't take very long to start seeing in dark. 

Of course if you have been using flashlight, and you have to defend yourself you have no time to get used to darkness. Thats why you shouldn't use flashlights in the first place, unless its very necessary. 

You know, I had a chance to actually enjoy some darkness in DayZ recently. Took a car down the backroads to the west, from Kamenka area up to almost Zelenogorsk before some wonky physics on the new roads turned my car into an alien spaceship. Point is, the dark was actually pretty good - going down barely-visible dirt paths with your headlights as the only real lightsource was pretty slick.

16 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

We are not owls, so we need a lot of a minimum light. The human eye does not see any colors in the night as we only have the black / white receptors active. But I do not like to play the teacher, just go without light in the basement, but be careful.

At this point I would rather be interested in whether the different glasses will ever have a mechanic, sunglasses are clear, but the other spectacles. Will there be any use? Will an illness restrict our vision? Everything I'm thinking.

The difference in visibility between a full moon vs a new moon is like night and day.  But there is a caveat with the full moon, where the brightness is enough to wash-out your night vision for a couple minutes if you look towards the moon or at a light enough surface.
Walking in the shadows of the forest should provide a player with a bit better night vision than a player in the open fields under the moon; and both would be at a disadvantage when entering or exiting areas of vastly different illumination.

It's a moot point with gamma boosting...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I have had a bit of life some years ago, and being on foot after midnight, sometimes in forest wasn't really unusual. And it doesn't take very long to start seeing in dark. 

This depends on moonlight status too. If there is moonlight you can see in the darkness faster. But with no moonlight, inside the forest, the situation change completely. I agree with you about have a more usual view in the darkness after, I think, 30 mins. But it's true that a flashlght can make your life easier but more dangerous in a game like DayZ.

12 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Have you guys ever played DayZ at night ? 

I'm aware that there are different kinds of darkness. I have had a bit of life some years ago, and being on foot after midnight, sometimes in forest wasn't really unusual. And it doesn't take very long to start seeing in dark. 

Of course if you have been using flashlight, and you have to defend yourself you have no time to get used to darkness. Thats why you shouldn't use flashlights in the first place, unless its very necessary. 

In most night conditions (i.e. without full moon) it is next to impossible to adjust your vision to such extent that you can avoid a hole in the ground or a tree root. I've spent a lot of time in the forests at night and I have no doubt that humans need light in order to see at night; this is what is meant by being 'diurnal'. If the ground (outside of roads and paths) is not pitch black to you, this means you have good seeing conditions due to the moon, stars or city-lit clouds. Don't count on that all the time.

Night in Dayz is ridiculously bright (pre-gamma), it roughly translates into '1/1.5hrs-after-sunset' twilight. It always makes me laugh when I see a glow plug in a dark shed. Not only gamma exploit must go, but sources of light must be made necessary in order to properly loot a building. Full moon or not, a windowless shack should yield maybe a hoe but not freakin' lockpicks. Proper night looting without light should be just a series of 'ouch'es and 'what the hell was that?'s.

As it is right now, not only sources of light are unnecesary but they actually make you see less, in an unrealistic way which has nothing to do with vision adaptation. The torch makes you see only the torch and nothing else, which kinda defeats the purpose of lighting it. The gas lamp wasn't bad, which is obviously why it doesn't work right now.

Still waiting for proper night conditions.