DomEReapeR

Lower the cricket volume

All right so I've looked around the forum a bit, read the rules, and I think this is the most fitting place to post this, since I couldn't find a ''feedback'' thread. I apologize if this is the wrong spot.

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem at the moment, but the crickets are REALLY loud and grating to the point of it hurting my ears if I play on normal volume. I can fire guns that aren't as loud as the crickets, and it's impossible to hear footsteps or breathing over it, not to mention trying to talk to my friends or other players with the crickets overpowering everything. I don't know if that's the point? Like maybe the crickets are supposed to make it way more difficult to play at night or something, but all it's accomplishing right now is hurting my ears and disabling the ingame VOIP.

• Like 1

yeah...never tried with speakers but with headphones,ambient sounds are quite annoying,especially when playing 2-3 hours.some ambient sounds are good,some are too loud still

Dude. Exp has me about ready to blow my brains out. VOIP suddenly is super quiet but the crickets and birds (which sound oddly tropical) are ridiculously loud.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xgobacktosleep said:

Dude. Exp has me about ready to blow my brains out. VOIP suddenly is super quiet but the crickets and birds (which sound oddly tropical) are ridiculously loud.

Lower your sound sliders but VOIP in your game settings then max out the DayZ sound volume in your volume mixer on windows. Unless something has drastically changed, that's what i do to hear voip better.

• Like 1

I would prefer few crickets in random places instead of ambient sound, so lets say you run in forest and you hear how you pass the crickets, would be little more immersive.

Edited by exacomvm

4 hours ago, DannyDog said:

Lower your sound sliders but VOIP in your game settings then max out the DayZ sound volume in your volume mixer on windows. Unless something has drastically changed, that's what i do to hear voip better.

Edit: Never mind, this forum needs a delete message function but I Can't find it, I re-read your post and misunderstood the original meaning.

Edited by DomEReapeR
No delete function
  • Like 1