Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139748

1 hour ago, Baroness said:

I just now picked up a barrel, and cannot place it back on the ground anywhere. Not a flat surface. Nowhere.

Anyone else? It's like it's glued to my hands.

edit: nm, got it, had to use my axe, binded to 1, in order to get it out of my hand.  Odd :( 

This is a known bug that not long ago could have meant the end of your character because the barrel would be stuck forever.

I'm glad you were able to free yourself from your barrel shaped shackles.

• Like 1

Had no idea it was a known bug!

You guys are so knowledgeable and here I am wondering where's East and where's West. lol 

;___; 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Baroness said:

Had no idea it was a known bug!

You guys are so knowledgeable and here I am wondering where's East and where's West. lol 

;___; 

If you can't get something out of your hand, try the G key as that sometimes works.

• Like 1

I imagine that gamma/brightness silliness will be addressed eventually but it's likely not very high priority. Sadly, as it is, usually I just log off at night because I can't bring myself to fiddle with them but that's also a nice way to keep my play sessions on the reasonable side.

I wonder if eventually, maybe like in the Long Dark, crafting things will just simply take longer so there's something "to do" when it's dark or rainy or otherwise difficult to move around a lot other than grow crops.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ebrim said:

I imagine that gamma/brightness silliness will be addressed eventually but it's likely not very high priority. Sadly, as it is, usually I just log off at night because I can't bring myself to fiddle with them but that's also a nice way to keep my play sessions on the reasonable side.

I wonder if eventually, maybe like in the Long Dark, crafting things will just simply take longer so there's something "to do" when it's dark or rainy or otherwise difficult to move around a lot other than grow crops.

yeah....in long dark,its easy to "speed-up" time because its singleplayer but in multiplayer you cant have it like that.thats why day to night cycle should be like 8x-12x speed.if server have 2x speed,night lasts too long.
but,there should be more activitys at night/while raining....sharpen the knife,write journal,cleaning weapon,making explosives,maybe some minigame(playing poker with playcards)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

yeah....in long dark,its easy to "speed-up" time because its singleplayer but in multiplayer you cant have it like that.thats why day to night cycle should be like 8x-12x speed.if server have 2x speed,night lasts too long.
but,there should be more activitys at night/while raining....sharpen the knife,write journal,cleaning weapon,making explosives,maybe some minigame(playing poker with playcards)

Oh sure, you couldn't do it exactly the same way, but there's a middle ground between that and crafting being instantaneous as it is now.

I just got the server stopping message.

24puBw4.jpg

Wondering if the delves are busy today? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I just got the server stopping message.

24puBw4.jpg

Wondering if the delves are busy today? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ebrim said:

Oh sure, you couldn't do it exactly the same way, but there's a middle ground between that and crafting being instantaneous as it is now.

Hopefully, they'll make crafting more realistic so it's not instantaneous and it'll make it where people have to be careful when crafting stuff out in the open.

18 hours ago, Baroness said:

Don't forget about accessability for visually impaired players.

Special kind of monitor ? Daytime servers only ? People who have good vision will use your "accessability" as their advantage.

3 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Special kind of monitor ? Daytime servers only ? People who have good vision will use your "accessability" as their advantage.

The only way they'd be able to fix that is to require people to prove they need access to the gamma/brightness settings in order to be able to use it but I seriously doubt they'd go that route as it'd open up a lot of problems for them.

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This is a known bug that not long ago could have meant the end of your character because the barrel would be stuck forever.

I'm glad you were able to free yourself from your barrel shaped shackles.

Discovered the other day, that puncturing the barrel will free your hands.  Last time I really had this issue, it wan't an option to poke holes...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

maybe you can write your own batch file, that changes your playback device, and then runs DayZ ......

That would be a serious solution. But i have no idea how to .bat somtehing to work. I keep on googleing for forums. Shurely someone did it before or can help me.

Just found .bat files for keybordshortcuts that would work for me. So, the half way is gone.

1 hour ago, goateswyn said:

That would be a serious solution. But i have no idea how to .bat somtehing to work. I keep on googleing for forums. Shurely someone did it before or can help me.

Just found .bat files for keybordshortcuts that would work for me. So, the half way is gone.

A batch file is nothing more than a text file with a .bat suffix. A batch file can contain any legal commands that you can enter into the command interpreter. So, the first thing to do is to open an instance of the command interpreter (AKA a DOS prompt) and figure out how to execute your environment variable preferences for sound and etc. Once you figure that out, you'll need to open Steam and figure out the command to launch the game. Once you know all of the appropriate commands, you can string them together in a batch file.

Any decent DOS book will give you primer on batch files (am I dating myself?), but there must also be an archive somewhere on the Internet, eh?

EDIT: There are all sorts of vids on the YouTube about batch files. This will get you started.

Edited by BleedoutBill

19 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

This will get you started.

Well, it did.

I had to download "nircmd" and copy it to my windowsfolder. So i got my "nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "Headset" " working in a .bat file! Fine so far!

I finaly made me a DayZ-launcher.bat:

@echo off
nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "Headset"
start steam://rungameid/221100
exit

nircmd is a petty neat little thing in combination with .bat-files! So i dont have to run an aplication, just an execution of some comands. Very nice!

I made a shortcut for Dayz from Steam-Libary and took the path from there: "steam://rungameid/221100". Mostlikely the 32Bit-version.

When i start from DayZx64.exe. I can enter the Game, but the game restarts wen i enter a server. That's not happening when i hit the "DayZ_BE.exe" or start with this "start steam://rungameid/221100".

Edited by goateswyn
I found a shorter better version!
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 2:24 PM, Havrin said:

Just played for about 45 minutes and got 3 freezes (no crash, just game freeze). I cannot reproduce it, for me it's random. Do stuff like that get logged out? Are the reports helping for game freezes too? Got a lot of them lately, unfortunately.

Please, contact our Feedback Tracker and tell them everything you know about it.

-------------

Guys, We want to turn off gamma settings in options in the future.

@emu your fishing issue is known but not priority for fix now.

Thank you for your feedback!

• Like 3