Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139748

Three pointless things in every thread:

a. sales

b. devs suck

c. threats of quitting and going to play another game.

I mean, fine man, just f&@^/*ng go already. Dont need your negativity around here. 

• Like 14

Just played for about 45 minutes and got 3 freezes (no crash, just game freeze). I cannot reproduce it, for me it's random. Do stuff like that get logged out? Are the reports helping for game freezes too? Got a lot of them lately, unfortunately.

05324C92597F35AB45196391DD6C207817E3DB0A
pristine,rotten tomato.self-made

• Like 10

8F1uL7h.jpg

Walking in the air. I knew Dean can climb mountains but fly? Gimme my kiwi.

• Like 4

Anyone had issues with the Magnum on this patch?

I found a box of pristine bullets and later a pristine magnum.

It will let me chamber a round, but doesn't seem to want to fill it up.

Got whacked in the head before I got to do some more testing.

9 minutes ago, orakel78 said:

Anyone had issues with the Magnum on this patch?

I found a box of pristine bullets and later a pristine magnum.

It will let me chamber a round, but doesn't seem to want to fill it up.

Got whacked in the head before I got to do some more testing.

The command to load is written as chamber but after the loading animation you should find the gun fully loaded.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Havrin said:

Just played for about 45 minutes and got 3 freezes (no crash, just game freeze). I cannot reproduce it, for me it's random. Do stuff like that get logged out? Are the reports helping for game freezes too? Got a lot of them lately, unfortunately.

Is this on .62 EXP?

I have similar lock-ups / freezes that are totally random...but have  not had one since I came back to experimental. It was quite frequent on Stable.

16 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Gaming monitors could and most likely will bypass any lock provided by the game as they have a feature that brightens up any dark areas to give an advantage over other players or npcs so it could prove to be pointless. Also, As green_mtn_grandbob has stated, gamma does have it's uses for those who have bad eye sight or other vision problems that require them to turn up the brightness so they can see. While I agree that those who abuse gamma for an unfair advantage should have it taken away, the problem lies in that it also prevents those who actually need to be able to adjust their gamma in order to see while they play would be punished as well. I seriously need to get a better GPU so I can start taking amazing screenshots!

Yeah, the monitor settings can bump up the gamma of the content video signal...but they can't add content that is not present in the signal to begin with. I see your point about those that genuinely need the extra gamma to play the game and I did not appreciate that in my earlier considerations. What I would be hoping for is a deliberate reduction in LOD and draw distance when the lighting conditions warrant it. So even if you crank gamma and brightness you still won't "see" anything more, really.

As it stands now, the amount of detail when it is pitch black out, is still fully rendered...right? I wonder if there is a difference in this EXP build...as I have not tried a night adventure yet. Time to pay attention to any differences. I am hopeful that the design team are aware of this potential immersion killing cheat / feature and can elaborate on their plans to either address it, or on why it needs to stay. I tried searching for that video I remember seeing in the forums (by Brian or Eugen) that shows some definite advancements earlier on in the builds (maybe back in the pre- .52 era) towards degrading the visuals at night so it was less advantageous to  exploit the gamma slider...but can't find it now.

As far as a GPU goes...you are in luck as AMD are finally releasing a challenger to NVidia's 1080 monster....which in turn should spark another drop in general card prices down the line. As it stands now I am getting fantastic value out of my 290X cards in single and in Crossfire mode, with average frames being easily playable on high to very high settings in both Stable and Exp. Everyone's experience is different and subjective...of course...but if DayZ is your game of choice I would suggest you hold out until it is determined which of the two (AMD or NVidia) have the best tech for this title at the price point you are comfortable with. Cheers!

• Like 3

I dont know how in depth theyre going to get but with weapon conditions 1: is chambered with magazine and hammer cocked safety on, 2: is chambered with magazine hammer down safe, 3 is chamber clear with mag hammer down safety on, 4: chamber clear no mag safety on. Where videogames deviate is manipulation of safety levers. i doubt that will be in the game. Load ing commands are 3: "release the slide insert the magazine place the weapon on safe." Without slide manipulation you cant enter 3. For 1:  the command would be "load and make ready" which is inserting the magazine and releasing the slide chambering a round all in one motion. It would be nice to see a simulation feel to weapons handling but it would make gun play really tedious for the people besides me.

5 hours ago, Baroness said:

Three pointless things in every thread:

a. sales

b. devs suck

c. threats of quitting and going to play another game.

I mean, fine man, just f&@^/*ng go already. Dont need your negativity around here. 

Yup... I think most will agree....but...

Secretly, in a weird kind of way... it is quite cathartic to read the useless rant-posts from these guys.

You see...from my perspective... I personally have absolutely ZERO problems with DayZ SA. I lost any right to complain about "value" by the 100th hour of gameplay. I currently don't, and never have, had ANY business complaining about what and where my money was being used for after I originally clicked "I Understand".  I have found myself frustrated and "disappointed" in some of the directions development has gone, but never have I taken that extra step towards pointless rage that invariably ends in a flame post followed by a brief absence....until the attention whore realizes most of his audience has failed to follow his lead over the cliff. 

So...let the people rage...and rage again...over the same things time after time... I don't mean to say we should be suffering fools...but rather it makes me appreciate the fact that I have developed a unique attachment to this game that has been my own adventure in itself. Like being attached to something as much for it's failings as for it's success. I say to all you haters out there...bring it on... I will ignore you... but it further proves I was right in my decision to endure... When someone chimes in with a common criticism I find that it causes me to consider if the point is valid...which is a valuable exercise in maintaining objectivity. I like to think that although my "opinions" are sometimes pretty extreme and sometimes unorthodox, I inevitably am open to counter arguments as a simple matter of quid pro quo and respect for other differing viewpoints. 

Most of the major "complaints" have been so utterly explained/explored that it is now just kind of amusing to me, because I was lucky enough to have been around for most of this process. Pretty soon...the solid player base in DayZ SA will be comprised of those of similar conviction and equal or greater enthusiasm...and all you rage-quit, instant gratification, low attention span, buzz-killers will be off doing what you love...but just doing it elsewhere....and there will be balance in the Force.

I'll leave this as off-topic and sorry about that.... But I just went over the .44 build thread for giggles....quite interesting and amusing. This was my first build where I started out and reading those posts have reaffirmed what I said in the above paragraphs. Feeling discouraged? Check out the SRs from the pre-52 era and be thankful for what we now have.....despite all the depressing negative Nancy's.

Edited by philbur
  • Like 8

Question on this build:

Someone had mentioned in Teamspeak  - iirc it was @Girth Brooks - that when opening DayZ the pop-up option for x64 had disappeared.  I hadn't experienced that before but now I do.   To clarify:  clicking play used to bring up the pop-up window choice for x32 or x64, but now it just loads up x32 by default.   I can still right-click DayZ in the steam library and Play DayZ x64 if I want to - but the pop-up choice has mysteriously disappeared.

Just throwing it out there.  Anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Question on this build:

Someone had mentioned in Teamspeak  - iirc it was @Girth Brooks - that when opening DayZ the pop-up option for x64 had disappeared.  I hadn't experienced that before but now I do.   To clarify:  clicking play used to bring up the pop-up window choice for x32 or x64, but now it just loads up x32 by default.   I can still right-click DayZ in the steam library and Play DayZ x64 if I want to - but the pop-up choice has mysteriously disappeared.

no idea if it happens, but you could try to use this launch parameter:

"-exe DayZ_x64.exe"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

............ you could try to use this launch parameter:

"-exe DayZ_x64.exe"

Thanx, this is a nice one. Is there some "-exe ..?#* " for changing my sound-output to my "shiny Hypex-Cloud2 external soundcard" automaticly when hitting the playbutton? Any hints where to find a list of working commands like this "-exe ..?#* "? I go google for it meanwhile.

39 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Question on this build:

To clarify:  clicking play used to bring up the pop-up window choice for x32 or x64, but now it just loads up x32 by default. 

Nope! Sry.

But i have seriously problems with the queue? Every server under 200 ping has a queue of 20.  Simply unplayable while in queue. Any solutions for this?

Sry, just joking.

Wouldnt it be a solution to push it to stable? There is also the possebility for pushing updates after testing in Exp. Want to say, that this patch is petty stable for me such as the last .61-builds were.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

Wouldnt it be a solution to push it to stable? There is also the possebility for pushing updates after testing in Exp. Want to say, that this patch is petty stable for me such as the last .61-builds were.

Yes and no. For the "real" tester of Exp. It would certainly be better to push 0.62 to stable. But, for the Devs, the full servers are a good point to collect their data. If they have enough data they will surely push the patch to Stable and with Exp with new testpatches the "real" testers will feed their food. This is so my feeling why it is done as it is in the moment.

(Yesterday i never launch to a highpingserver if lowpingserver are avaiable, all goodping are FULL !... thats one more testpoint to check the stable of networksystems from Servers)

Edited by Sqeezorz

23 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

no idea if it happens, but you could try to use this launch parameter:

"-exe DayZ_x64.exe"

That's a good alternative too.  I am mostly just wondering if it's a common bug in this exp build.

10 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

Any hints where to find a list of working commands like this "-exe ..?#* "? I go google for it meanwhile.

A while back they removed most of the executable switches except for -dologs, probably had something to do with standardizing and keeping some uniformity in our reporting and feedback.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

Thanx, this is a nice one. Is there some "-exe ..?#* " for changing my sound-output to my "shiny Hypex-Cloud2 external soundcard" automaticly when hitting the playbutton? Any hints where to find a list of working commands like this "-exe ..?#* "? I go google for it meanwhile.

i'm as clueless as you are when it comes to startup parameters.

i found this one in the DayZ_x64.rpt and tested it on steam, to find out that it works.

24 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I am mostly just wondering if it's a common bug in this exp build.

i think the popup window has more to do with steam, than DayZ. but i think it would still need to be configured by the devs, so i guess you could call it a problem with the build..

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 6:45 PM, VVarhead said:

I agree with the other poster - please disable gamma and brightness settings.

That's a must! Also DayZ looks so awesome on default brightness/gamma. I think it should be tweaked instead to work like in Arma3 ( no matter how much you increase its still dark ).

20170604192916_1.jpg

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

Don't forget about accessability for visually impaired players.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, philbur said:

Secretly, in a weird kind of way... it is quite cathartic to read the useless rant-posts from these guys.

I thought that was the entire purpose of Reddit. Strangely, though, even Reddit isn't as toxic as usual, ever since 0.62 hit. It's literally been days since I've seen a, "Dean took the money and ran ..." post over there. They're REALLY slacking off! What is the gaming world coming to???

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

They're REALLY slacking off! What is the gaming world coming to???

LOW ENERGY!

:>

• Like 1

V18Wfbk.jpg

Finally found the damn castle. And not long after that i was shot dead at one of the deerstands. (nice shot) while i was busy killing wolves. :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goateswyn said:

DayZ should use whatever your default playback device in windows so make sure that when you hover your mouse over the speaker icon it shows something like (USB). If it doesn't show something similar than you need to configure windows to use your usb soundcard that came with your headphones.

6 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

DayZ should use whatever your default playback device in windows .....

Check, done! I can change manually!

I normaly listen through speakers when watching vids or musik. Only when i play DayZ it should switch automaticly.

BECAUSE: When i forget to switch before starting the game, i have to close Dayz, to change it! (That not happens sometimes)

Startoptions in steam can not do that for me.

# There are programs like Chevolume that root specific sounds through different outputs. But thats not what i'm searching for.

# Searching for something like: my keyboard changes lights and G-Key funktions when starting a game.

# There was a slider for steam in the volumemixer of Win10 but i cannot configure it.

# Maybe a liitle bit of script smuggled into the Dayz.exe that changes quickly my audio-output when staring DayZ.

maybe you can write your own batch file, that changes your playback device, and then runs DayZ

so whenever you want to play DayZ you rund the batch file and you don'T have to worry much anymore.

I just now picked up a barrel, and cannot place it back on the ground anywhere. Not a flat surface. Nowhere.

Anyone else? It's like it's glued to my hands.

edit: nm, got it, had to use my axe, binded to 1, in order to get it out of my hand.  Odd :( 

Edited by Baroness
  • Like 1