Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139748

30 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

I seen people talk about lighting before, has lightning been updated? Anyone have video of it if it has?

The lighting was updated, but the lightning strikes are still the placeholders from ArmA2, and the thunder sounds have been removed completely for now. Saw a few big storms and lightning strikes in 0.62, but it's the old lightning...

9 hours ago, Woody188887 said:

This game needs another 3-4 years before it will be finished and here is why:

- Stuttering. At present the game is completely unplayable (both on exp and stable) because even running down a street avoiding z'ds isnt easy as your FPS drops like a brick. This has been like this for since I last played about a year and a half ago.

-Network. Playing about an hour or so on the stable and exp I noticed numerous times other players lagging around and being totally unable to be shot. I can remember when dayz sa first came out and this was never an issue so somehow we have manged to go backwards.

- The sound are visuals are much better than they where at the start but sadly the gameplay I think is another few years off being able to play.

If you compare this game to the likes of Star Citizen, Player Unknown, Rust. The game is sooooo far behind. I know Star Citizen has a much vaster budget but there iteration at present is at least playable and the game is infinitely more complex. I mean you can have 10-15 people in one huge ship walking about, firing turrets, shooting, opening doors, all while someone is piloting and without lag. In Dayz you cant even drive a Bus down a road.... after nearly 5 years of development.

Hmm, not sure if you're trolling or being honest about your experience. 

I've been here since day 1 (Or Day Zero if you want.) and your stuttering and lags are probably do to your old corrupted config files. I have a 4 year old system, that I updated the GPU and that's it, and it runs between 60 and 80 fps without issues, with everything at very high...

I play on 30 ping servers as well as 300 ping ones and I don't see any issues with lag and players teleporting all over the place like they used to do in 0.47 or the horrible 0.53 so I'm not sure if it's your connection or bad circumstances...

"Player Unknown : Battlegrounds" is not even a game man... try comparing it with something similar would be better. Battle grounds (calling Player Unknown might not be ideal, as it's the creator's name.) is a mod for ArmA3 at best, nothing more... Even if 8 million people stream it on twitch and it's the most hyped thing of the hour, it's a simple mod (wannabe full game) that uses assets already out there, nothing original or complicated here.

Now comparing it Star Citizen, ish.... It was initially built on Cry Engine 3, and then moved to Amazon Lumberyard, both engines being already done so the devs only needed to create their models, textures, and mechanics. The DayZ devs had to create their own engine almost from scratch, and then get rid of the Legacy systems left by ArmA2. 

Star Citizen was scheduled for a 2014 release, and was pushed back even though they made the most money Kickstarter had seen. As of May 2017, they made it past $150 million.

DayZ barely made it past $2 million, so I don't know why you would compare both titles, as it's like comparing a Lada to a Lamborghini. They both start with La, but in the end are completely different...

Edited by odin_lowe
typo
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, odin_lowe said:

Hmm, not sure if you're trolling or being honest about your experience. 

I've been here since day 1 (Or Day Zero if you want.) and your stuttering and lags are probably do to your old corrupted config files. I have a 4 year old system, that I updated the GPU and that's it, and it runs between 60 and 80 fps without issues, with everything at very high...

I play on 30 ping servers as well as 300 ping ones and I don't see any issues with lag and players teleporting all over the place like they used to do in 0.47 or the horrible 0.53 so I'm not sure if it's your connection or bad circumstances...

"Player Unknown : Battlegrounds" is not even a game man... try comparing it with something similar would be better. Battle grounds (calling Player Unknown might not be ideal, as it's the creator's name.) is a mod for ArmA3 at best, nothing more... Even if 8 million people stream it on twitch and it's the most hyped thing of the hour, it's a simple mod (wannabe full game) that uses assets already out there, nothing original or complicated here.

Now comparing it Star Citizen, ish.... It was initially built on Cry Engine 3, and then moved to Amazon Lumberyard, both engines being already done so the devs only needed to create their models, textures, and mechanics. The DayZ devs had to create their own engine almost from scratch, and then get rid of the Legacy systems left by ArmA2. 

Star Citizen was scheduled for a 2014 release, and was pushed back even though they made the most money Kickstarter had seen. As of May 2017, they made it past $150 million.

DayZ barely made it past $2 million, so how doN,t know why you would compare both titles, as it's like comparing a Lada to a Lamborghini. They both start with La, but in the end are completely different...

Isn't Day z an arma mod too? 

10 hours ago, DayZ Standalone News said:

100% agree, i would love to play more frequently at night times, uses flashlights or torches but all this is no fun when most of the people uses the gamma abuse so they can see clear like it would be day time... right now all light sources are useless and no one uses them at all, sadly

I agree with gamma lock too, but in reality, I wouldn't use light sources in a survival situation either. You know what would be cool? Natural night vision that gets better the longer a player stays in the dark, and resets when exposed to light.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tw0311 said:

DayZ as in DayZ Standalone or DayZ the mod?

Pretty self explanatory now isn't it...?

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

DayZ as in DayZ Standalone or DayZ the mod?

Pretty self explanatory now isn't it...?

I was just asking, I honestly didn't know. 

6 minutes ago, tw0311 said:

Was a arma mod. Dayz has an entirely new game engine from arma2 and arma3. New arma titles will be using it in the future. Hence the long delays in the dev cycle. They have stated several times recently that they are excited that they are "actually making a game now" . Basically just got rid of the olde tech and made new, better tech.

• Like 4

rblt8dJ.jpg

Some yellow clouds again.

DCssHl3.jpg

damn this game just looks too nice now. cant resist taking screenshots all the time.

6M5a7GD.jpg

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, tw0311 said:

Yes, absolutely. It was. Until they started building it on their own. Battleground followed the "battle royal" hype and moved from their mod status to a stand alone game, without any major changes. While DayZ seem to have started the "zombie survival" hype, when so many other companies tried to cash in on the DayZ hype. (WarZ (horrible), 7 Days to Die (pretty good), The Dead Linger (canceled), The Whitering (dead??), Dying Lights/Dead Island series (big titles, not much content...), Nether (canceled), Survival : Post apocalypse now (terrible), Survive the Nights (looks promising), etc.)

DayZ stands pretty much on it's own. I tried all of these titles. I tried Battleground too. I have ArmA2 and 3. It's interesting all in all, but DayZ is the bean king on top of the hill non-the-less.

Back on topic: Played for about 4 hours yesterday making a full ghillie. I don't really see the changes made to it. Even when painted green or mossy. Maybe just a few color tweaks, but textures looks exactly the same to me.

• Like 4

As far as i know, since i never had a guilly, they only changed the behaviour, like getting hot, cold, wet ......!

Edited by goateswyn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifmRgQX82O4
  • Like 4

Hello from a white man, 

vDx5UFW.jpg

A little album : 

Edited by HRF.DAYZ
  • Like 7

The problem with not fixing or find a acceptable solution for gamma tweaking is, that all the stuff like torches, flashlights, weaponflashlights are completely useless - besides the immersion of nightplay. I just don't touch gamma settings, if I'm on a empty server . Because if the server is full it's just a disadvantage and to dangerous not cranking up gamma. For sure I will die if I meet someone who cranked up gamma. He sees me first - I'm dead.

For sure I'm able to set the gamma up in my Ati software or monitor but it's the same with people who joined the server. I can check steam how many players are online on a server I want to join if I want to. The new server browser just tells if the server is full - high - low populated. Do I every time check steam server browser before joining? No, I don't.

• Like 2

May be gamma should be server controllable, have gamma control enabled or disabled or have a uniform gamma selected by the server.

• Like 3

Adding a few shots for prosperity. 

In an online game like DayZ, or any competitive multiplayer game, changing gamma or brightness shouldn't be available, to a certain extent. I remember playing an online game, similar to DayZ, with some players using other means or third party softwares to "enhance" night time and make it brighter. These were offences that lead you straight on the ban list, if caught. I wish it was similar with DayZ....  :(   

But honestly I doubt we'll ever see a solution to gamma exploit, or 3PP-see-over-walls-and-corners exploit...

D327EC8B951C00D09CE0535CEA18CFD812715882

27AAF8D7F6AE97F6AFC5A50B551732329360CC62

C36C918CA9DEA9FC2F2234312CF685975E23D990

F40A770668E195B9A88B5A01CA751CB7BF52B4B3

EFA0B1F060B5728BCDFE2C6BB98F1AE3B7006B93

61C53B4FC35A15B6A690FD34CBFECC0FD315A6B8

Edited by odin_lowe
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

May be gamma should be server controllable, have gamma control enabled or disabled or have a uniform gamma selected by the server.

Yeah...This should be happening eventually. I seem to remember Eugen talking about the difficulty in creating a barrier to those that want to crank their Gamma/Brightness up. The devs can't do anything about machine-side video driver settings but hopefully they can code in display card calls to render scenes at night almost too low-res/pixelated to play.

There has been an improvement since the renderer but I am positive much more can be done to scale back graphic detail so even if you crank up the gamma all you will see is a grayscale minecraft experience. Oncer again...this has been touched on before, but given their priorities I have not gone down that speculative path for a while now. I was playing on a Chicago server a few weeks ago and had someone come up to me and start talking to me LONG before I could make out where the voice was coming from. The guy was genuinely surprised that "I didn't know how to brighten up the gameplay".... I humored him for a bit as he watched me run around with a snap light but I figured I would not comment about his idiotic decision to skip one of the coolest experiences in SA. The only thing more depressing than getting shot is getting shot by someone you can't see!

Maybe @Hicks_206 (DayZ) is trolling this thread and can lend some insight into the plans for addressing the night cheaters?

Edited by philbur
  • Like 1

well for me being legally blind unless i use gamma at night i can't see a thing, but you don't have to worry as i don't do PVP , what most of you can read at 700 feet i have to be at 10 feet to read the same sign.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

well for me being legally blind unless i use gamma at night i can't see a thing, but you don't have to worry as i don't do PVP , what most of you can read at 700 feet i have to be at 10 feet to read the same sign.  

Hehehe.... I will remember that if I run into you in-game. You should add that to your name-in-game so guys like us (who would rather not shoot you) can be forewarned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

Server controlled gamma could give an option to lock gamma for "hardcore"

Gaming monitors could and most likely will bypass any lock provided by the game as they have a feature that brightens up any dark areas to give an advantage over other players or npcs so it could prove to be pointless. Also, As green_mtn_grandbob has stated, gamma does have it's uses for those who have bad eye sight or other vision problems that require them to turn up the brightness so they can see. While I agree that those who abuse gamma for an unfair advantage should have it taken away, the problem lies in that it also prevents those who actually need to be able to adjust their gamma in order to see while they play would be punished as well. I seriously need to get a better GPU so I can start taking amazing screenshots!

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

fresh spawn again in north-east...and found 4 guns in same house.also,it feels that there is loot increased...schoolbags everywhere,guns,vitamins.
also rain sound too low and i saw lightning but no thunder sound.
committed suicide and freshspawn...
first house i found:
E56789113B6E03B700B75C4F33CC6945452DC762
is this intended?
im just worry that is this the direction where game in going?
if its,i just play squad or project reality.

Edited by kopo79

16 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

DayZ barely made it past $2 million, so I don't know why you would compare both titles, as it's like comparing a Lada to a Lamborghini. They both start with La, but in the end are completely different...

are u talking kickstarter revenue ?

last i heard (well before .50) didn't dayz have over 14million sales @ ($30) a pop...(pre alpha sales)  sooo.. go figure out how they funded "HALTING" the project to cash in on a port. 

Edited by Robe

It really is absolutely pointless, especially in the Exp. Tread over finance to discuss. We could also talk about NASA and the reduction of the gravity of the earth to get the costs under control. So stop it, it's like it is.

Last night I finally reached the West without a KoS Mates (yes its run ^^). The west looks very good, but you can see that this is still in process. I could walk the area from south-west (coast) to and with train station from Zeleno ... everything is very fine, the train station is great. My run ended with the attempt to go along the railway line further north, with KoS, what else.

(Server was 1pp Singapore: Ping 210, no lags everything tip top, only with infected it becomes difficult when they first see you and Aggro -> with creep and back attack no problem -> only Meele / ax / steakknife and long stick).

• Like 3