Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139748

1 hour ago, Seitan said:

Well that was a nice 2 hours at very rainy UK 01. Thanks for the bus. It was left engine on middle of the road near Mogilevka. Managed to drive it to Tisy.

btw there's a door problem at big yellow houses.

GSmhu1k.jpg

ixNookn.jpg

Would have made a ticket, but feedback tracker was acting strange now. Would't let me upload pics. And was very slow.

tere saatana.
do you have any pictures from previous exp patches with those infos on top left screen?that you could compare with this exp version?
why im asking...because my computer fan runs like grazy on some areas.

7 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I also suggest, Queen Bean as a prospective title.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

tere saatana.
do you have any pictures from previous exp patches with those infos on top left screen?that you could compare with this exp version?
why im asking...because my computer fan runs like grazy on some areas.

Tere. Temperatures are about the same in earlier builds. But yea i think the gpu fan might run a bit faster since 0.62 and the new visuals. ( 1060 6Gb OC ) Maybe you got dust in the fans or summer heat makes the temperatures rise? :)

pärkele!!!
i have same video card and the fan in computer is grazy sometimes.
in earlier build i didnt notice any grazyness(yesterday) but today with new update,something is going on.
the only thing,in my guess,that can cause this is:
map/navmesh updates

but i will continue testing,suaketti

there was released also new video from adam francu,the map desinger.
Gotta say that it was quite dissapoinment.From facebook...its also in twitter

Edited by kopo79

Does anybody else got lags in the lobby? While joinen or leaving a server (while in queue as I write that right now) I got for 10-20seconds 5-10fps. Now it is working fine again.

5 hours ago, Baroness said:

I do play in windowed mode (but I stretch it to fill up my screen).

I had no idea, thanks for the tip! 

Thanks for the tip. I just tried out windowed mode and got better frames than before, so i screwed up my videosettings a little. I overdid it (~20fps), but the look was soo different awsome.

My toon's life started in the afternoon near elektro. The nights seem less dark in windowed mode and absolutely playable. I came to ZUB at midnight and had to make a torch in the forrest. My 7.1-headset and the visuals didnt disapoint me. The shock when I saw a Zed rigt before me in the torchlight! Thanx! Died IRL, but my toon is ok! Just of curiosity i threw my torch from off the tower. Wow, awsome picture,

5995F64BC733BA3975397E9B65C19471AF33D2A3

but how do i get down now. ;-) I made it with luck and wandered through the next day just to reach the next night. Awsome again. Got lost in a (usualy) well known area. When the sun raised, i reached Green Mountain and found a truck where i got instantly shot. The chech guy helped me up again after he killed the other "Bad" guy! We had another firefight ( he had, i was unarmed) before Zelenogorsk! So we passed it and i logged off under a bidge with 1800 blood! I'm glad to make it that far in that time and I had so much luck with my first encounter in .62.139748! 

Today i had no terible problems like the days before. (rubberbanding and delaed reactions) Not even a stuck item. The sounds sounded better for me. I didnt hear the R2D2 peeping today but a spooky howling from the wind in forrest like ghostwhispering. Also some ticking and rustle, tied to specific areas, made me shiver and searching for where "the steps" come from not one time today.

I think i will never use Gamma from now on!

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 5

The birds...the gd birds!  Guess one is supposed to be a owl but sounds a bit like it may be a tropical bird.  He is loud as are some of the others and very annoying.  I don't see that they have been toned down.  Ambient sounds need to be mellow...that is not what I'm hearing.

Gamma and brightness should not be prohibited. The Devs should solve the problem with the rendering of the night, as a reduction of the color depth in the CoreCode wnn it becomes dark, so a Gammacheating brings only so much the people the trouble with almost black screen, the something to brighten, BUT all would be accurate To recognize as much as the depth of color will remove the detail, or the night will give a dark mist around the game figure so that the viewing distance is restricted, which is only increased with night vision devices or light.

I just got home from the FedEx warehouse with my hopefully quiet RMA's CPU cooler.  With any luck, I'll get thing put back together and hop on for a few before I get dragged away this evening.

Can't wait to find out if I can make my leather suit again.  Also, my bug report on berry bushes finally got acknowledged, woot!  

Anybody try tandem fishing on this patch yet?  I'm suspicious that it won't be fixed until new player is implemented, but NOBODY HAS EVER  ACKNOWLEDGED THIS BUG YET, after my having reported it on every patch since .59.  Search for "T122213" in feedback tracker.
 Anything you know about this one, @Baty Alquawen, pretty please?

9 hours ago, valdark said:

Something is definitely wrong with this patch on my hardware.  It keeps freezing up within moments of launching but it's not crashing so I'm not producing any dump files to send in.    Going to do another clean install and see if that does anything.

That is the 1 FPS bug that has been going around since .61.  If your screen freezes, you can sometimes stop and walk back out of the frozen zone and avoid that area to proceed (though I normally lay down and roll away from the offending area of the map, for security reasons), or you can move your task manager to another monitor so you can easily see what you are doing to force-close DayZ.  IMT does it from memory, blind, like a Jedi.

7 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Brooks' game crashed and the bus ran into a guardrail popping up high, but from inside Gary and I saw it on the ground. Exiting killed Gary and I. Brooks logged back in safe.... sigh.

Edited by emuthreat
T122213
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, VVarhead said:

I agree with the other poster - please disable gamma and brightness settings.

12 hours ago, Fiftydz said:

i hope i will get an answer about this because its important for us survivors ! . " GAMMA " could you fix the gamma so we can enjoying the night and using flashlights ..etc because most players using gamma in night to get good vision so we are forced to use it because we  cant see him ..sorry for my bad  english i want to enjoy the second gameplay on the night ! ty

As much as we are all want this changed so badly, I still dont think a solid enough idea has been put forward as too how to deal with the gamma situation as most peoples monitors are different etc. However it(SA) seems to be better than the dayz mod as in the places that have shadows cast over them at night is pretty much pitch black 

Spawned in Electro, found a sedan in Dubky. Drove almost all the way to myshkino before Dayz crashed. Upon relogging I couldnt interact with the doors of the sedan. Tires looked ruined but inventory said they were pristine. I threw all of the tires/battery into the woods and continued on to myshkino where I was assaulted by wolves. Wolves got distracted by zombies and I made my way to the tents. After that I made my way to the castle, explored there and made my way to the dam(easily my favourite part of the west). I went south(I think) from there and some guy tried to rob me with a pistol. My zig-zag fu was too strong, and when I turned around to re engage he had left. All in all, a decent session.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

As much as we are all want this changed so badly, I still dont think a solid enough idea has been put forward as too how to deal with the gamma situation as most peoples monitors are different etc. However it(SA) seems to be better than the dayz mod as in the places that have shadows cast over them at night is pretty much pitch black 

Just do what Rust does. Render objects that are in low light or shadows with less detail and colour so that when you gamma boost they appear as bright (monitor bright) dark figures/silhouettes. Sure i make it sound super easy and i mean not to but this gamma situation has been talked about for almost 3 years and ideas and "solutions" have been brought up and gone over the years.

13 hours ago, Emil Praga said:

i am still dreaming of locking the GAMMA since 0.60, i saw some of you guys saying some monitors can adjust brightness.

Yes, but brightness is not the same with Gamma, during dark u can crank up your brightness as much as u want, wont make much of a difference.

Also, if they lock the gamma, the gameplay will be better during night, flashlights will have their usefulness.

I always prefer to play more realistic, but when other players use this "cheat", it forces me to use it also, cause i don't wanna be in disadvantage.

So yeah, lock the Gamma, it would be a shame, because with all these new sounds during night, in combination with moonlight and wind, the game is spooky, and i love it, but when i crank up the gamma, its like daylight again, takes away the pleasure...

100% agree, i would love to play more frequently at night times, uses flashlights or torches but all this is no fun when most of the people uses the gamma abuse so they can see clear like it would be day time... right now all light sources are useless and no one uses them at all, sadly

• Like 1

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

or you can move your task manager to another monitor so you can easily see what you are doing to force-close DayZ.  IMT does it from memory, blind, like a Jedi.

Not really. I just prest CTRL + Shift + Escape to bring up the task manager and then press arrow down and delete to kill DayZ off. I have my tasks ordered by memory in descending order, so DayZ will always be on top.

• Like 1

Okay, so iv just tried to play again after a long time away as iv heard that this update is decent.

I completely disagree. I know alot of people on here have been playing with duff builds and maybe have become used to this game not functioning. This game needs another 3-4 years before it will be finished and here is why:

- Stuttering. At present the game is completely unplayable (both on exp and stable) because even running down a street avoiding z'ds isnt easy as your FPS drops like a brick. This has been like this for since I last played about a year and a half ago.

- Vehicles. I have been keeping up-to date with development of Dayz and had seen that the devs where trying (i think it was .61) to sort out vehicles to get them into a usable state. Well they havent. I dont know if this is something that they cannot do or if they are waiting on Beta but the driving is terrible.

- Network. Playing about an hour or so on the stable and exp I noticed numerous times other players lagging around and being totally unable to be shot. I can remember when dayz sa first came out and this was never an issue so somehow we have manged to go backwards.

- The sound are visuals are much better than they where at the start but sadly the gameplay I think is another few years off being able to play.

If you compare this game to the likes of Star Citizen, Player Unknown, Rust. The game is sooooo far behind. I know Star Citizen has a much vaster budget but there iteration at present is at least playable and the game is infinitely more complex. I mean you can have 10-15 people in one huge ship walking about, firing turrets, shooting, opening doors, all while someone is piloting and without lag. In Dayz you cant even drive a Bus down a road.... after nearly 5 years of development.

I haven't lost hope tho. I think given enough time and help (from you guys) the devs can make this game rally good but in its current state I feel that it will take another 3-4 years of your patience but not mine. I will return when the game is finished.

38 minutes ago, Woody188887 said:

Okay, so iv just tried to play again after a long time away as iv heard that this update is decent.

I completely disagree. I know alot of people on here have been playing with duff builds and maybe have become used to this game not functioning. This game needs another 3-4 years before it will be finished and here is why:

The devs have been consistent in representing 0.62 as strictly an A/V update. In that respect, the current build is a dramatic improvement.

The bulk of the team are currently working on 0.63, which will be the first beta build. It is not until 0.63, that we will finally see the inclusion of the new character controller and many other new mechanics and technologies which are interdependent upon the new controller. In other words, 0.62 still relies on a lot of the legacy software, which we have rightly criticized over the past few years and which will finally be abandoned at the conclusion of the 0.62 series of builds. So, until we see 0.63 hit the servers and we finally get our hands on the new tech, I would say that it is impossible to judge what progress the dev team have made behind the scenes.

Most games start with a game engine, which is complete and ready to rock. DayZ started with an engine which was incapable of providing the features which were required. Therefore, an entirely new engine has been developed in parallel. You could say that the dev team have been working on two entirely different games at once; a legacy game, which has served as a proving ground for the introduction and testing of new concepts and the "actual" game, which we will not see until 0.63. Estimating how long it will take to complete the legacy game completely misses the point, because the legacy game will NEVER be completed. It is 0.63 and its progeny which will evolve into the completed game.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 5

2A70038EA9E60C0623485485CC2305BD737598A8 6C1318FA7BF365BD22D246EC5F6EED78DCFCDFC3

@emuthreat:Sad that it does'nt work! I had to kill 2 wolfes with my nailed baseballbat! (I got my pistol robbed yesterday) After failing to tann them, they tracked me somehow and I got eaten by them.

The gameplay is definitly edited by "Murphy's law"! Ready for beach stroll again!

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BleedoutBill said:

The devs have been consistent in representing 0.62 as strictly an A/V update. In that respect, the current build is a dramatic improvement.

The bulk of the team are currently working on 0.63, which will be the first beta build. It is not until 0.63, that we will finally see the inclusion of the new character controller and many other new mechanics and technologies which are interdependent upon the new controller. In other words, 0.62 still relies on a lot of the legacy software, which we have rightly criticized over the past few years and which will finally be abandoned at the conclusion of the 0.62 series of builds. So, until we see 0.63 hit the servers and we finally get our hands on the new tech, I would say that it is impossible to judge what progress the dev team have made behind the scenes.

Most games start with a game engine, which is complete and ready to rock. DayZ started with an engine which was incapable of providing the features which were required. Therefore, an entirely new engine has been developed in parallel. You could say that the dev team have been working on two entirely different games at once; a legacy game, which has served as a proving ground for the introduction and testing of new concepts and the "actual" game, which we will not see until 0.63. Estimating how long it will take to complete the legacy game completely misses the point, because the legacy game will NEVER be completed. It is 0.63 and its progeny which will evolve into the completed game.

Yes, I agree. However, the game will not be bug free when .63 is released and as you have stated it is almost like a completely new game. Therefore, we will be trying to fix/add content for another 3-4 years.

23 hours ago, VVarhead said:

I loved the patch where wells didn't work :P what was it - 0.54? You really needed some creativity to survive.

I hope the devs think about making wells a dynamic event so that randomly each restart some wells on the map are dried out or broken. That would definitely enhance the survival aspect, especially since KoS is so common these days and basically the only thing we need to worry about.

I am all for wells being dynamic, maybe change per server restart. I would like them to either work or not work, and those that work have a small chance of being contaminated forcing you to either boil or purify with tablets.

• Like 3

Or being able to repair them with a pipe wrench or something. Always thought that would be great. 

• Like 5

I have noticed after 2 exp. runs during the night. I'm not sure what it was. It was like a flash, but only the ambient light, a flash itself I have not seen, just a flicker in the night sky, as if someone would photograph close by. Am I the only one ?

( i walk to the forest on night... gamma 50% and on the Room are very brightness --> sunny day ^^ , its are fucking dark, so dark was a cold hell, i saw only the sky with him stars :/ the rest are black..black..black )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorax said:

I am all for wells being dynamic, maybe change per server restart. I would like them to either work or not work, and those that work have a small chance of being contaminated forcing you to either boil or purify with tablets.

Just give it a try :D The last few times I played I avoided appletrees and tried to get enough food from other sources. It´s really challanging, especially in trhe beginning. Maybe I try to avoid wells too. Is boiled water save to drink? 

• Like 1

Play sesh I had before going to the cinemas was probably the most immersive experience I have ever had in DayZ. Screenshots cannot express how deeply in love i am with night time. I tried the head torch for the first time since the .62 update and holy shit did the torch color look so real. Screw the flare, give back the flashlight with a battery as a spawn item PLEASE. You guys HAVE to try running in the woods with regular/low gamma and brightness with headphones on. The screenshots I took do not nearly express how immersive it felt.

Also I had a moment where i felt the world was bigger than I know it is. With the limitation of fog and all this one caught me by a huge surprise and made me wish the map was larger and had a longer view distance.

kPA3Y2o.jpg

Also pictures with the head torch on. It really has that realistic color look to it.

7rYJu3N.jpg

irlCLrn.jpg

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 3

I seen people talk about lighting before, has lightning been updated? Anyone have video of it if it has?