Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139748

1 minute ago, VVarhead said:

I agree with the other poster - please disable gamma and brightness settings.

Honestly, it wouldn't help anything because most monitors I've seen have a game setting that adjusts the brightness so you can have an advantage over your opponent so it would be pointless. The only real way to fight it would be to somehow disable that function and I believe that's only possible through hardware.

• Like 1

game crashed...after when i was collecting those guns.i dont know what happened,cos i was away from the game.
respawned and first house i found:
BDA8A531F9500E4A0EB05404E342874C4B2BDC68
and house almost next to it:
8887DB10FEE7EFEDEA20F50A7BFBE67E291BE7F9
Two dead characters...creepy!
223E83705E2F441E279337240ABA0EE59ECAD629

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 4

Nature ambient sounds inside the buildings/towns are way too loud. I dont see the sound problem when you run in the forests, fields, meadows and so on. I get that the ambient sounds change when you come in to new area? From forest to meadow. From field to town etc. But thing that i dont understand. Why ambient sounds go so loud when you get into the town? Shouldn't it be... more buildings ----> less animals, less nature ---> less nature ambient?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Seitan said:

Nature ambient sounds inside the buildings/towns are way too loud. I dont see the sound problem when you run in the forests, fields, meadows and so on. I get that the ambient sounds change when you come in to new area? From forest to meadow. From field to town etc. But thing that i dont understand. Why ambient sounds go so loud when you get into the town? Shouldn't it be... more buildings ----> less animals, less nature ---> less nature ambient?

Not necessarily.   Buildings would amplify sounds due to echo and with no civilization to drive them out the animals would quickly return to the abandoned towns.

• Like 2

Something is definitely wrong with this patch on my hardware.  It keeps freezing up within moments of launching but it's not crashing so I'm not producing any dump files to send in.    Going to do another clean install and see if that does anything.

47 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Honestly, it wouldn't help anything because most monitors I've seen have a game setting that adjusts the brightness so you can have an advantage over your opponent so it would be pointless. The only real way to fight it would be to somehow disable that function and I believe that's only possible through hardware.

I really wish they wouldn't touch the brightness/gamma.

I have an eye condition and when it gets dark, even if I boost my monitor's brightness in its menu, I still rely on the game's video setup options to help me out a bit more because I literally can't see shit.

Even if I have a lamp on my desk to help.

So for the love of all that is holy, please don't take away my capability of tweaking the brightness/gamma.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Hmm...just also noticed that my computer fan runs like crazy sometimes...really loud,i can hear through speakers when its running like mad

3 minutes ago, Baroness said:

I have an eye condition and when it gets dark, even if I boost my monitor's brightness in its menu, I still rely on the game's video setup options to help me out a bit more because I literally can't see shit.

So for the love of all that is holy, please don't take away my capability of tweaking the brightness/gamma.

giphy.gif

If anything, shining a lamp on your monitor would make it harder to see because of the reflection wouldn't it?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Baroness said:

I've kind of been waiting for someone to provide an example before chiming in, so thank you. Accessibility is an important concern for game development, and seemingly basic video adjustment options like this can go a long way in helping facilitate a wider range of players.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

If anything, shining a lamp on your monitor would make it harder to see because of the reflection wouldn't it?

Yes, I meant a lamp nearby, not shining directly at the screen. 

1 minute ago, Tatanko said:

I've kind of been waiting for someone to provide an example before chiming in, so thank you. Accessibility is an important concern for game development, and seemingly basic video adjustment options like this can go a long way in helping facilitate a wider range of players.

It is.

As of right now, even the in-game brightness/gamma settings don't do anything for me. It literally makes no difference where I slider that slider.

Daytime is fine but night time is a nightmare for me.

2 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

I, for one, have no problem with people adjusting their gamma as I understand that some people have eye problems and need help being able to see when the game gets dark. I think the problem others have though is that those who don't have eye problems are using it as a way to see those of us who don't adjust their gamma settings for an unfair advantage. 

9 minutes ago, Baroness said:

Yes, I meant a lamp nearby, not shining directly at the screen. 

It is.

As of right now, even the in-game brightness/gamma settings don't do anything for me. It literally makes no difference where I slider that slider.

Daytime is fine but night time is a nightmare for me.

Are you playing windowed mode? I'm not sure about your condition but i know for a fact that maxing your gamma at night makes it pretty much day.

But if you're playing windowed mode the gamma slider does not work at all. So you should play in full screen instead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Are you playing windowed mode? I'm not sure about your condition but i know for a fact that maxing your gamma at night makes it pretty much day.

But if you're playing windowed mode the gamma slider does not work at all. So you should play in full screen instead.

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh snap I do play in windowed mode (but I stretch it to fill up my screen). I do that because I have 2 monitors so I can move my mouse across without having to tab out. I'll try it when I get back home. 

I had no idea, thanks for the tip! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baroness said:

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh snap I do play in windowed mode (but I stretch it to fill up my screen). I do that because I have 2 monitors so I can move my mouse across without having to tab out. I'll try it when I get back home. 

I had no idea, thanks for the tip! 

Yea no worries dude. Its a huge difference when you boost your gamma to max :)

Well that was a nice 2 hours at very rainy UK 01. Thanks for the bus. It was left engine on middle of the road near Mogilevka. Managed to drive it to Tisy.

btw there's a door problem at big yellow houses.

GSmhu1k.jpg

ixNookn.jpg

Would have made a ticket, but feedback tracker was acting strange now. Would't let me upload pics. And was very slow.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seitan said:

Well that was a nice 2 hours at very rainy UK 01. Thanks for the bus. It was left engine on middle of the road near Mogilevka. Managed to drive it to Tisy.

btw there's a door problem at big yellow houses.

Those dawm tradesman?! Must have been the apprentice. That makes it hard to close in Zeds. I stumbled over a few of them. I gutto collect screenshots to sue them for compensation for this mad work!

i am still dreaming of locking the GAMMA since 0.60, i saw some of you guys saying some monitors can adjust brightness.

Yes, but brightness is not the same with Gamma, during dark u can crank up your brightness as much as u want, wont make much of a difference.

Also, if they lock the gamma, the gameplay will be better during night, flashlights will have their usefulness.

I always prefer to play more realistic, but when other players use this "cheat", it forces me to use it also, cause i don't wanna be in disadvantage.

So yeah, lock the Gamma, it would be a shame, because with all these new sounds during night, in combination with moonlight and wind, the game is spooky, and i love it, but when i crank up the gamma, its like daylight again, takes away the pleasure...

Edited by Emil Praga
  • Like 3

DayZ running fine for me. A couple crashes when opening inventory but mostly stable.

Met 3 neutral players.

Stacy, Jermain, and one guy I didn't get a name for.

I was shot at while running through Novo industrial complex carrying backpacks for Gary who already met Brooks. They were nearby in Novo proper and came down the road to support me at my pinned down position. We thought they were on the hill above but he was actually perched in a 4 spotlight watch tower. Brooks got a bead on the guy and took him out fairly easily. He had shot me 2 times as I scrambled for cover but I never bled or got KO'd.

We then got a bus and started to make our way to to some hot spots. Brooks' game crashed and the bus ran into a guardrail popping up high, but from inside Gary and I saw it on the ground. Exiting killed Gary and I. Brooks logged back in safe.... sigh.

Spawning back in, the push North began anew.

iCyYJks.jpg

• Like 5

I'm hoping it will be dark when I log in a bit later so I can test this whole gamma thing out.

In the meantime.................................trying to get out of Orlovets. I got a few moments of peace and quiet before the zombies started spawning left and right.

They say you can live off love, sun and water. 

I got the H2O and Vitamin C part down quite well! 

8mzZ4gl.png

(It would be okay with me if you wanted to give me the title of Photo Queen instead of Woodland Warrior, ya know... just sayin'.) 

Edited by Baroness
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Baroness said:

I'm hoping it will be dark when I log in a bit later so I can test this whole gamma thing out.

In the meantime.................................trying to get out of Orlovets. I got a few moments of peace and quiet before the zombies started spawning left and right.

They say you can live off love, sun and water. 

I got the H2O and Vitamin C part down quite well! 

8mzZ4gl.png

(It would be okay with me if you wanted to give me the title of Photo Queen instead of Woodland Warrior, ya know... just sayin'.) 

Damn that photo looks awesome! I believe it was from 1000 posts, you can edit your status/title. :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, IMT said:

Damn that photo looks awesome! I believe it was from 1000 posts you can edit your status/title. :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I see the title thing..............Guess I'll have to wait. :) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baroness said:

Not before your 500th post, young lady! ;)

When that happens, you can make it whatever you desire.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
I also suggest, Queen Bean as a prospective title.
  • Like 3

Just now, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I'm older than you, shush it. :P

Yeah IMT just told me about the post thing. Oh well. Guess I'll try to post one or two pictures a day to get there faster! :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It's the 500th post? Sorry, my mistake @Baroness

• Like 1