exacomvm

Tripod Lamps for Camps ( Gonna be useful after nights are back )

Before i tell the concept i want to say that i did not made any research how this stuff would work in real life ( its hard to find anything about it ), but since it's a game it could be bit more unrealistic just for the sake of gameplay.

Since DayZ world has no electricity besides 9v batteries and has lots of industrial/construction places there could spawn these portable tripod lamps that you could carry same way as barrels/tires or place on your back instead of axe since it should not be very heavy. Also it would require some wires found maybe in static/prop cars in similiar concept like searching for apples/stones ( so you dont get all in one place ).

So how it would work ? Let's say you're camping somewhere and having a pretty big camp in a forest but you can barely see your surroundings only the radius that fireplace produces, you place the tripod lamps somewhere and connect the wires with nails that already exist in game then attach to the lamp and 2 random near trees so will produce electricity for the lamps and voila, now you can see everything around you ( and ofcourse propably people can see your camp from a far away if trees doesn't cover it enough, but a spotter from your camp ( sniper ) could see approaching unwelcome guests ).
Or even you could use it for player baiting.

ec63715f7650eb60a422023b059bd4d4.png

Edited by exacomvm

22 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

This is a work in progress and will be in game later on.

https://trello.com/c/7yTvNksx/78-electricity-grid-system

Awesome! how i did even miss it, anyway the trick with trees could be implemented also, like more portable improvised alternative to generators, so you could carry the stuff with yourself even in firefights. I cant just figure out how much power can plants produce, but i know that it can light up a standard indoor lightbulb. Cause anyway placing a generator that is usually loud af will block a hostile shots, so you wont figure out from where they're shooting unless you see them or the generator is far away.

Edited by exacomvm