redmantab

Do players store items in tents around the map nowadays?

In 2 years of playing this game, I've seen forum discussions here and there about where people hide their stash or camp hunt etc....but I have never stumbled upon a stash.  Are they used often?  Are you able to hide much in them and come back to them quickly when you die?  Thanks!

you'll find single tents absurdly close to a major looting spot, or giant camps so freakin far away from everything that only having a car would make taking their svd less trouble than it's worth.

lately I keep my stuff at other people's camps. :-)

• Like 2

Yep they still do. I and my Squad made our own camp on one server, with like 6 tents. We basically had tons of AK's, M4's, SVD's, VSS Vintorez's, clothing, ammo and stuff like that. Was cool until you get raided. :P 

Yes. My group and I recently formed a camp with 2 cars and 2 tents and I've found player tents and a working car inside of a military base (lol). I also found a tent with backpacks and lots of ammo on the end of the map (like pratically at the border).

I have 26 tents in my camp.  Actually trying to see how many tents I can add before 1) it's found   2) update/persistence wipe   3) crashes the server.   Plus almost every tent is full of yummy loot.   I'll give a can of beans to the player who finds it first ;)

Untill I can bury something in the ground, im not making a stash or camp. Its basically saying "hey I spent time collecting this stuff that I dont need, pls everybody help urself to a gun or two".

Why would I do that?

Im hoping camps or stash sites will be more meaningfull later. As it is now I really dont see the point, I have everything I need in my backpack. I also have infinite stamina, so no problem carrying it around. No need for a foodstash, food is everywhere.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

Do we know what the final-release containers will be? I've heard about burying stash, is it confirmed? Will the foliage allow to hide barrels?

Personally, I only use tents for surplus stuff and keep precious items in barrels hidden in sweet spots across the map. I've yet to see if 0.62 changes these and I'd like to know if concealed containers are feasible in the final game.