exacomvm

Marketable Items on Steam ( Player Attraction & Cheating Reduction )

I think you all already saw how PUBG/CS:GO items work on Steam, so something similiar in DayZ would be awesome, not sure how it should work exactly but it defitinely will help DayZ devs to earn more $ maybe even multiple times more than from game sales itself.
Not sure how it should work but i think something like that:

The system could be something similiar to CS:GO and PUBG, you earn points for surviving ( action based so players wont just stay afk in a bush or just fill the servers for nothing ) e.g. hunting/animal killing, curing sickness, killing zombies, cooking meat etc. except player kills ( DayZ has already too much PvP ).. Later you can exchange the points into some cases or if you're lazy player you would be a able to buy it for like 1.99$ and open without any keys.

The case should include various items such as clothing that is not available in the world ( but can be used temporary from killed players ) and ofcourse dayz should have extended character customization, so you can select ur starting clothing etc.
Also it should have Rare items such as binoculars, compass or even survival bundle of some sort ( Compass, Binoculars, Lighter, MRE, Knife, Flashlight ) that players could use at the spawn.
Also like in CS:GO community items would be great option to let players make their own items aka skins also reducing developer work, so devs only accept good items and bundles it into new/coming cases and ofc gives some % for the creator from market sells.

Well i think you guys get the idea. It won't ruin the gameplay only will help alot.

Edited by exacomvm

Sounds like a horrible idea for DayZ, turning a survival game into pay to win.  And if you made it for purely cosmetic items like a weapons skin or unique clothing it probably wouldn't make enough money to justify the costs to keep it going.

• Like 1

DayZ doesn't need this. The better the survivor, the better the gear. That's the concept of DayZ. Adding this would offset the game between authentic players and kids with their mom's credit card.

No thanks

• Like 3

Hell no. Do we even need to explain why we don't support this idea? I mean, it's obvious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exacomvm said:

It won't ruin the gameplay only will help alot.

Bad idea for dayz on so many levels. 

for one: seeing people running with bright colored skins ruins the immersion.

• Like 2

Well you guys totally don't get it. I am against "Pay to Win" myself, but dayz wont wake up from the semi-dead if nothing like that will be added, people nowadays loves skins and especially opportunity to earn something from games.

52 minutes ago, therandomredstone said:

DayZ doesn't need this. The better the survivor, the better the gear. That's the concept of DayZ. Adding this would offset the game between authentic players and kids with their mom's credit card.

No thanks

That makes sense, but if the items would be like casual clothing w/o some stats like water resistant ( not camo ) it would make no difference at all, also would be better for RP.

19 minutes ago, smofi said:

Bad idea for dayz on so many levels. 

for one: seeing people running with bright colored skins ruins the immersion.

Why Colored? I hate colored and similiar stuff in games myself. e.g. H1z1 items looks like shit.

1 hour ago, IkaikaKekai said:

turning a survival game into pay to win. 

Clothing or something similiar wont give you much of advantage.

Here's some refs what i had in mind, clothing like that would be almost useless in firefights so it would not affect the gameplay:
11ee2a9f06560d3de8dfae85f0a0416f.png

c755825ab6c0f55dd4944dcdbefb4fbb.png
4852027cb10d2dbb712b20a5e88bd978.png

hmm,so when you die you lost your gear?:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

hmm,so when you die you lost your gear?:D

If this idea or something similiar would come true, any clothing aka skins you earned or paid for should be permament and available in your character "loadout/customization". Since the items would not give any advantages or disadvantages for plays i dont see the point of losing them. Imagine you pay 20euros for a cool jacket and u you lose it cause you just spawned near a bambi with a weapon :D

Edited by exacomvm

36 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

If this idea or something similiar would come true, any clothing aka skins you earned or paid for should be permament and available in your character "loadout/customization". Since the items would not give any advantages or disadvantages for plays i dont see the point of losing them. Imagine you pay 20euros for a cool jacket and u you lose it cause you just spawned near a bambi with a weapon :D

so instead of looking for clothing you get them at every startup? instead of going on an adventure with your buddies to search for roleplay items and face possible death and gun fights you just buy them with $$$$. 

also idea to look into which makes more sense for game like dayz :

• Like 1

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and one more for good measure NO. We do not need cheesy as skins for clothes or cheesy ass skins for weapons if you want fancy clothes loot them if you want a fancy gun loot it and paint it. I will say they could add more colors of paint as well as more clothing but to have skins and some marketplace so asshats can scam people and charge hundreds of dollars for some asshat gold skins because fake rarity through gambling in crates. H1ZS1 does this and there main game has shit loot in the terms of clothing want a camo shirt buy it want camo pants buy them want a camo gun buy it makes me sick in a survival game all loot should be for the taking not purchasable that defeats the purpose of the whole damn game. the whole idea makes me want to drink bleach.

• Like 1

I remember reading about Dean Hall saying that if he had died on Mount Everest and someone had implemented micro transactions into DayZ he'd come back as a ghost and haunt them :P

Brian Hicks said something along the lines of Bohemia having made enough money to develop DayZ fully withing the first few months of public alpha, so no need for this system to raise some more money I guess.

I appreciate someone suggesting this, personally though I think it would really change the game in the opposite direction of where  I want it to go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exacomvm said:

Also like in CS:GO community items would be great option to let players make their own items aka skins

"Farming Hoe Hyper Beast—Factory New—Price $169.99"

• Like 1

NO.

I prefer spending money on servers and a good fair community. This is the only thing that really makes sense when it comes to money.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, exacomvm said:

I think you all already saw how PUBG/CS:GO items work on Steam, so something similiar in DayZ would be awesome, not sure how it should work exactly but it defitinely will help DayZ devs to earn more $ maybe even multiple times more than from game sales itself.
Not sure how it should work but i think something like that:

The system could be something similiar to CS:GO and PUBG, you earn points for surviving ( action based so players wont just stay afk in a bush or just fill the servers for nothing ) e.g. hunting/animal killing, curing sickness, killing zombies, cooking meat etc. except player kills ( DayZ has already too much PvP ).. Later you can exchange the points into some cases or if you're lazy player you would be a able to buy it for like 1.99$ and open without any keys.

The case should include various items such as clothing that is not available in the world ( but can be used temporary from killed players ) and ofcourse dayz should have extended character customization, so you can select ur starting clothing etc.
Also it should have Rare items such as binoculars, compass or even survival bundle of some sort ( Compass, Binoculars, Lighter, MRE, Knife, Flashlight ) that players could use at the spawn.
Also like in CS:GO community items would be great option to let players make their own items aka skins also reducing developer work, so devs only accept good items and bundles it into new/coming cases and ofc gives some % for the creator from market sells.

Well i think you guys get the idea. It won't ruin the gameplay only will help alot.

Hahahaha, no. Never ever ever. Get out of here. You're way out of line. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smofi said:

so instead of looking for clothing you get them at every startup? instead of going on an adventure with your buddies to search for roleplay items and face possible death and gun fights you just buy them with $$$$. 

Good point, didn't thinked about that, anyway in DayZ the important clothing is the camo ones, water resistant and warm that helps you survive.
On another hand If modding will be enabled, dayz will become way worse, look what happened to DayZ Mod or Arma 3 Exile, it's like some kind of star wars now, you buy helicopters from a NPC and stuff from earned points ingame. Atleast someone made oldschool server w/o that bs in Exile.

Maybe that was a bad idea after all. But personally i would prefer developers to continue adding new content and possibilities, cause they will do it right and even making custom servers such as PvP ( for practise ) then instead of letting the modding community ruin the game e.g. someone will make shitty 512x512 oversaturated clothing like in h1z1 or arma 3 dayz mods, will make some ingame points for kills so you can buy weapons and cars ingame, ofcourse they will include some kind of tablet like in exile then even increase loot by x50 with m4's spawning in coast and all kiddos will play there meanwhile us oldschool dayz players will be running pretty much alone in normal servers and then dayz will die for us, just like dayz mod did few years ago, but it will reborn for all these under 18 people.
And that would be waaay worse than these "microtransactions", based on most people here logic we should spawn totally naked and find current spawn clothing ourselves. Even currently the green shoes, green jeans and green tshirt gives bambis advantage way more than paid casual clothing would.

@-Gews-
You didn't even read what i wrote, i was not talking about skins at all, just completely new items. Something like that just that would not give advantage including max like 4 slots per top/bottom:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=578080

Edited by exacomvm

I think marketable clothing items that don't give any advantage whatsoever could be fun, collectibe clothes you can customize your bambi with and the sort, but even then there would be little point since it gets replaced by better gear so quickly.

Sorry but I don't think there's a place for this in the game. 

The whole idea behind the game is that you lose all your gear if you die. Why giving people the ability to buy all their gear and just keep it if something happens? It would kill all the fun having bambis running around with custom stuff.

Well i am not going to defend my idea anymore, cause originally i was talking to a friend about what's wrong with DayZ and why such crap like PUBG is so popular ( i've bought PUBG myself and uninstalled after 8hours cause it has way more bugs than DayZ ), so he said maybe because dayz has no "Skins", and i thought way no, dayz would be ruined with skins, but then i've realized that clothing would be pretty good idea, well atleast for my playstyle, cause my end goal is to get good camo. But for coastal bullshit some skins would be nice.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

You have posted an idea, this idea has come badly with the people here. That does not mean all peoples to think so.

I personally have trouble with "pay items", I know this from my MMO time, money quickly leads to layers in the communities. Perhaps there will be servers where you can start against with cash-Money Full equipped, but I will never join at such a server.

And finally, and this is the most important thing: the game is not finished yet, there can be so much more.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1