koffeekage

Talk about Spawns.

Lets talk about easy stuff that we would like to see for spawning, like the clothes, the gear and locations et cetra.

I personally would like to see themes to certain spawn points. Like spawning on prison island with prisoner clothes on or police uniform, same for police stations. With the minimum amount of locical gear, like a lighter or a shiv, improvised rope for inmates flashlights, radios, expandable batons, cuffs for police. Not necessarily all of those but one or two.

hospitals can have people start as Doctors or nurses, right now there arent any patient gownds so that would need new items.

firefighters in fire stations.

making this a rare instance to avoid  playing the death lottery where people kill them selves like pulling the arm on a slot machine. 

It would add a great narrative to a persons playthrough. They can spawn and be like "okay i guess i was a farmer when this happened because i have overalls work gloves and a straw hat and seeds" 

people getting into thier story "i was an X before the outbreak and now im trying to survive in the woods" or "im ambusing vehicles in zelenogorsk, i used to be a police man but now im a marauder"

any one else have ideas on how spawning can be better?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

making this a rare instance to avoid  playing the death lottery where people kill them selves like pulling the arm on a slot machine.

I love the idea but im not sure if it would solve the "death lottery" as you put it.

I think this would encourage it even more to some extent, I can see people commiting suicide untill they get the survivor that is better geared, say a police officer.

if it's just clothing themes though then it's a really good concept.

47 minutes ago, Trnc84 said:

I love the idea but im not sure if it would solve the "death lottery" as you put it.

I think this would encourage it even more to some extent, I can see people commiting suicide untill they get the survivor that is better geared, say a police officer.

if it's just clothing themes though then it's a really good concept.

Yes it would have to be super rare to get items that are really good. But flashligts, flares, chem lights, lighters are basically equivalent. If players can spawn similarly dessed to infected that would be phenominal.

Well, it is a good and interesting idea, but this can push people to retry the spawn lottery more often, because some of this "new" themes could be better than others. But it's still a good idea in my opinion.

• Like 1