Sign in to follow this  
redmantab

Players cant hide in Pine Trees anymore

Been away for a few months.  Reading the title in some threads here and there and just don't get it.

Was there a bug where players hid INSIDE pine trees until now?  Like IN them? in ? Why is everyone saying this?

Thank you!

Well, they didn't really hid inside the tree itself but rather in the branches. In the beginning of 0.62 this wasn't possible which they changed again.

It is a known restriction, and is being worked on. I know i was one that posted on this to the dev team in testing. Video glitches and exploits. So it is well documented, much like everything else is.

I believe soon they will have fixes for most of it.

You answered my question awkwardly with "which they changed again."  So, are they fixing it back so you can hide in the branches?  Do we want this?

I personally dislike idea of hiding in a pine tree. Try to hide in one in real life. There's way too many branches to even move freely around. I'd rather have combat instead of camping in a pine tree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomCGaming said:

I personally dislike idea of hiding in a pine tree. Try to hide in one in real life. There's way too many branches to even move freely around. I'd rather have combat instead of camping in a pine tree.

I live in Canada and we have all the pine trees you want. A fully canopy tree can still be pushed back to hide in. A trimmed tree exposes you. I will not lie, you may end up with a few cuts and scrapes.

Most branches are close, so you would have to wiggle your way or crawl under them. It is doable just sucks to be you in the end.

• Like 2

On 02/06/2017 at 8:32 AM, TomCGaming said:

And the needles go down your back....

• Like 1

Its totallypossible to hide in pine trees, they just need to have the branches interact with shaders like the wind does so you cant live in the tree with no consequences. If you move arount the branches will too. 

On 6/2/2017 at 2:56 PM, sneakydude said:

I live in Canada and we have all the pine trees you want. A fully canopy tree can still be pushed back to hide in. A trimmed tree exposes you. I will not lie, you may end up with a few cuts and scrapes.

Most branches are close, so you would have to wiggle your way or crawl under them. It is doable just sucks to be you in the end.

I live in a private house I have forests all around me, and work as a lumberjack also, more or less, so I know how it feels like too. Some are impossible to get in, unless you crawl or just cut the branches off.

Edited by TomCGaming