Sign in to follow this  
cwb

DayZ editor questions for a newby

Hi all.

Im new to the DayZ mod, but used to mess with ARMA 1 and 2 a long while ago. I never got too heavy into the mission making, but I used the editor sometimes to make very simple missions so I could test out things, practice shooting, driving, flying, etc. So I decided to mess with the editor for DayZ as well to test things out. But I have some questions I need help with.

1. Is there a way I can use or download a big pre-made mission to populate the entire map with active zombies, vehicles, ammo/weapon crates and loot?? Or do I have to do it all manually for the whole map?

2. Why cant I add ammo and weapon crates to my test missions in DayZ like I used to in ARMA 1 and 2 before?? I thought maybe my DayZ game was messed up, so I booted Operation Arrowhead, dropped an ammo crate, did preview, and boom it worked great. But when I try to find the ammo crates to add to DayZ in the editor, they arent there?!?

3. When I place zombies in the editor then go to preview they just stand there, I thought I had the faction stuff set up so they were enemies but they dont attack. What did I do wrong?

4. If I place certain things on the map in the editor, they dont show up as the little circle like they are supposed to. Zombies and ammo crates for example after I place them, dont show on the map as a circle or ammo crate icon which makes it very hard to know where they are. Do I need to reinstall the game or something?

5. Why cant I add certain vehicles such as M1 tanks, T90 tanks, etc? Every time I try, the mission wont load.

6. Ive tried hitting alt e to open the 3D editor, and it just wont open. How can I open the 3D editor for working on DayZ mod missions?

Thanks in advance for any help on these questions.

Edited by cwb

I'm not an expert in the editor, but I suspect that dayzmod is basically blocking things that you are trying to access

vehicles - dayzmod has banned/blocked many of the military vehicles.

crates - similar to vehicles, only some are allowed

zombies - I think you are just placing the model - the control of the zombies is part of the dazymod code.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 8:29 AM, helpthedeadwalk said:

I'm not an expert in the editor, but I suspect that dayzmod is basically blocking things that you are trying to access

vehicles - dayzmod has banned/blocked many of the military vehicles.

crates - similar to vehicles, only some are allowed

zombies - I think you are just placing the model - the control of the zombies is part of the dazymod code.

Well you can put down an empty ammo crate, then if you know the scripting can add stuff to it, Im just not that good at it. As far as the zombies, I can put them in the world no problem, and they stand around, sometimes will move a bit, but they just wont attack me. I thought I had the factions correct so they would be aggressive but they just dont attack. But I got tired of messing with it and took the lazy way out and bought the standalone DayZ version. Problem is, to host your own server you cant do it from your PC, you actually have to pay money and rent a server?!?! AND on top of that, you cant even have full admin rights on that server you are paying for?!? If Im going to pay a monthly freekin fee just to have my game server, I want full admin rights, godmode, noclip, kick, ban, summon any item or vehicle I want, etc etc. So now Im thinking about going back to the mod lol.