Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139701

Yes, definitely, but I figured it was better for him if the ambient sounds were THAT distracting! 

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

But doesn't that turn down the sound of shots, footsteps, etc.?

Then this option is unfortunately misused. Ambience to zero to locate shots and footsteps without difficulty.

• Like 3

This happened to me two times in a row now, previous patch and now this one.

I kill an infected with a melee weapon (machete and pointy stick) and after I can not walk normal any more, very choppy, almost as if a Z is hanging on my leg :) I can sprint normally but walking gets bugged.

Did anyone else experience this?

Edited by nl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

i think that spawnpoints should be all over the map in experimental.

I get where you're coming from, but Experimental is for testing, not to see new content. If we don't follow the same "rules" as normal (like spawn points), then we may miss bugs that would end up in Stable because we subverted a process which we are normally required to endure: making our way inland. The entire loot economy is based around people spawning on the coast, and having people spawn elsewhere would completely defeat that.

1 hour ago, Baroness said:

You can already do that in the sound options.

45 minutes ago, IMT said:

But doesn't that turn down the sound of shots, footsteps, etc.?

Correct, IMT. I was going to suggest this earlier as Baroness did, but decided against mentioning it because I figured the person had already tried that and been dissatisfied with the results.

Hey @PeterNespesny: can we get some more sliders in the Audio Settings menu? :)

18 minutes ago, nl said:

This happened to me two times in a row now, previous patch and now this one.

I kill an infected with a melee weapon (machete and pointy stick) and after I can not walk normal any more, very choppy, almost as if a Z is hanging on my leg :) I can sprint normally but walking gets bugged.

Did anyone else experience this?

Yes, this has happened to me a couple of times so far on 0.62. Since I sprint a lot of the time it hasn't been too much of a pain point for me, but you're not crazy -- it's a bug.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 11

20 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Yes, this has happened to me a couple of times so far on 0.62. Since I sprint a lot of the time it hasn't been too much of a pain point for me, but you're not crazy -- it's a bug.

Is it a known bug, has it been reported as far as you know?

Edit: never mind, I reported it: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125270

Edited by nl
  • Like 3

I've seen stutter and frame drops since the update.  Had none yesterday.  Going to try a fresh config. 

24 minutes ago, nl said:

Is it a known bug, has it been reported as far as you know?

Not sure, but it definitely needs more govfefe

Had a long run last night on SW 0-2 server.  Got killed by Basteird again; this time he assaulted our bus, as I went AFK and let Brooks drive; came back to sounds of a sporter and a black screen.

After that, I ran all along the north, hitting both bases for a relative disappointment of loot offerings.  Things started to turn around for me after I hit the western roadblock.
I turned on a radio to find three or four other players chatting. I drove to meet them and got shot in the arm by some mook in Kabanino.  Just as  I got a safe distance away and got out to bandage, the server restarted, taking my vehicle and shotgun that was in it.  I patched myself up and carried on bipedally thereafter.
 After some time, I managed to meet up with them by northern Grishino and we ran up to loot Kamensk base together.  I took a picture before my new friends had to go.  Best use of a radio I have ever seen, by far...

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

A funny thing happened to me after parting ways with my radio buddies.  I had drank somewhere close to twelve beers by this time, and had somehow found a bus after leaving Kamensk.  So I drove it to NWAF of course.  
I am in no way endorsing the overconsumption of India pale ales, but I did have me a hell of a good time.  Totally worth burning my beer budget for this week; one night of running around Chernarus in an increasingly less capable state.  

Here's a shoutout to Ionic Paul for pullin off a truely bitchin' catch and release on an inebriated flightless bird.

Edited by emuthreat
shoutout to paul
  • Like 12

Got to test that build for 45 min. Framerates are better for me now. Between 80 and 120 (before 60-90) and around severogard or kamensk i got 50-80 so I think this is an improvement.

Also did you change the lightning again or anything for the night? I got a cleae sky with a nearly full moon and DAMN THAT WAS INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!

• Like 5

Trumpet data:

Zero = 100

50    +1.7
100    -0.6
150    -3.5

Zero = 200

200    -0.7
250    -5.3

Zero = 300

300    X

• Like 2

I've noticed that vehicles are performing better than they were in yesterday's patch. Did anyone experience vehicle performance better or worse than yesterday's patch?

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

Will the new vehicles have a better  time going over the road debris, will we have an offroader that can travel over downed trees?

Vehicles are working quite well on full servers, until you hit a nearly invisible branch on the forest floor, or one of those saplings that are shorter than the surrounding grass : /  Game still crashes when tabbing open around random items. Still gotta check if tanning is borked.

Other than that, this patch is working quite well.

• Like 4

DayZ mod featured a 4x4 pick up truck, an ATV, and of course a dirt bike.

I would think a V3S could bully through some woods too but I'm no expert.

I think there is far too much that we still need in place (basically all new tech) before vehicles ever get where we're all happy (devs included).

• Like 3

I miss the 4x4 I always called it the Marty Mcfly truck.

• Like 2

Well going forward I would like to mention reload animation timer and the time it takes to swap weapons need to improve in beta if you have it on your shoulder and double carry - it takes too long the animation to reload it at the moment. And that is something for the dev. team should consider. I think two shoulder weapons like one assault rifle M4 for example and one Carbine for instant is fine at the moment. We don`t need three shoulder weapons. If you want a shotgun or mosin  u can always use the saw and place it in your backpack, and I think the saw option should be available for the sporter as well, I also hope the lower the sound on the sporter & trumpet - it should be more silent when u fire it. :)

Edited by Nebulae3

Is burlap a rare thing now - not seen a bag in like 4 hours of playing! :)

5 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

Hum no problem to fint it in garage and dear stand.

For the gun on your body, i know many people who have 3 guns or more in their bag without ammo... and who died with it. 

It's not a arcade game in movements. We can expect impressive changes in the near future with the new controler animation. 

I dream about many things as to have a leg broken in stand mod, zombies who follow me, and after i close the door house, the zombie break the door. A short time to use a bandage and kill the zombies. It's the future of DayZ with the new animations :) but not only. 

• Like 2

Yes, I hope the zombie AI get the ability to damage and possible knock down a door for sure - at least when the base building is implemented. ))

36 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

Nah.  I have 4 myself.  

I tend tend to collect them to use for quick looting after I kill an animal.  That way I'm not sorting inventory in a field. 

Others take take them for ghillie suits. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

Yes, I hope the zombie AI get the ability to damage and possible knock down a door for sure - at least when the base building is implemented. ))

It's not the subject of the topic i send you an message about it, it's sure that we see it in the future

Got a few hours in last night.

Spawned in at the water, near Berezino. Before I am even finished loading into the server, I see another player running over to me. He has some canvas pants and a splitting axe, but otherwise appears to be a fresh spawn also. I give him a friendly wave, and he proceeds to give me the finger in return. "Oh well, whatever," I think and begin to walk away -- only to be hit from behind with an axe. Well, buddy, you picked the wrong fresh spawn to try and pick a fight with I'm sorry to say...

l2vxWcPl.jpg

I then made my way to Khelm where I loaded up on apples with a buddy. Our planned next move is Krasnostav, but along the way we decide to scale Klen for a good view. There we find a nearly perfect V3S Cargo, but we were unable to figure out a safe path to get it off the backside of the mountain where it spawns. This spawn point may need some rethinking in 0.62, but that's just my opinion. I tried!

fc4ZWJnl.jpg
c8KGlExl.jpg

Eventually we had to abandon the truck, and made our way on foot to Severograd, then Kamensk, and finally Stary Yar. That's when my companion logged out for the night, but I kept pressing onward for a bit until I reached Grozovoy Pass. Was this roadblock here in 0.61?

LsADfZ3l.jpg
hvfYCfpl.jpg

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Got a few hours in last night.

Spawned in at the water, near Berezino. Before I am even finished loading into the server, I see another player running over to me. He has some canvas pants and a splitting axe, but otherwise appears to be a fresh spawn also. I give him a friendly wave, and he proceeds to give me the finger in return. "Oh well, whatever," I think and begin to walk away -- only to be hit from behind with an axe. Well, buddy, you picked the wrong fresh spawn to try and pick a fight with I'm sorry to say...

l2vxWcPl.jpg

I then made my way to Khelm where I loaded up on apples with a buddy. Our planned next move is Krasnostav, but along the way we decide to scale Klen for a good view. There we find a nearly perfect V3S Cargo, but we were unable to figure out a safe path to get it off the backside of the mountain where it spawns. This spawn point may need some rethinking in 0.62, but that's just my opinion. I tried!

fc4ZWJnl.jpg
c8KGlExl.jpg

Eventually we had to abandon the truck, and made our way on foot to Severograd, then Kamensk, and finally Stary Yar. That's when my companion logged out for the night, but I kept pressing onward for a bit until I reached Grozovoy Pass. Was this roadblock here in 0.61?

LsADfZ3l.jpg
hvfYCfpl.jpg

Yes that roadblock was introduced at 0.61, you didn't know?

• Like 1

Ran a round a bit last night, and froze to death a few times.

Spawning on a rainy day is hell :(

But is TrackIR support disabled for the experimental, or is it indeed a bug?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124990

Also spawned at on point near Rify, just to notice the aft super structure has slid back a meter or two. Looks like there is a gap to, but I'm able to walk on air :)

17 hours ago, Tatanko said:

I get where you're coming from, but Experimental is for testing, not to see new content. If we don't follow the same "rules" as normal (like spawn points), then we may miss bugs that would end up in Stable because we subverted a process which we are normally required to endure: making our way inland. The entire loot economy is based around people spawning on the coast, and having people spawn elsewhere would completely defeat that.

im not interested new content...sometimes when im testing something...examble gather 8 infected and try to go boxing fight with them and then die....its boring to spawn again almost same place.
near spawnpoints,i think that there is one big city...but i think that there should be a least  spawnpoint near cherno...im just interested my computers perfomance and thats the best place to test it.
back then when you sometimes spawned there,it was better.
when exp goes to stable im fine to spawn like its now because...i must survive and not spawn all the time.it cant be frustrating.
in experimental....i die a lot....and spawn a lot

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1