Sign in to follow this  
cwb

Adding ammo/weapon crates to mission

Hi all.

Im new to DayZ, but used to mess with ARMA 1 and 2 a long while ago. I never got too heavy into the mission making, but I used the editor sometimes so I could test out things, practice shooting, driving, flying, etc in the preview. So I decided to mess with the editor for DayZ as well to test things out. But I have some questions I need help with.

1. Is there a way I can use or download a big pre-made mission to populate the entire map with active zombies, vehicles, ammo/weapon crates and loot?? Or do I have to do it all manually for the whole map?

2. Why cant I add ammo and weapon crates to my test missions in DayZ like I used to in ARMA 1 and 2 before?? I thought maybe my DayZ game was messed up, so I booted Operation Arrowhead, dropped an ammo crate, did preview, and boom it worked great. But when I try to find the ammo crates to add to DayZ in the editor, they arent there?!?

3. When I place zombies in the editor then go to preview they just stand there, I thought I had the faction stuff set up so they were enemies but they dont attack. What did I do wrong?

4. If I place certain things on the map in the editor, they dont show up as the little circle. Zombies for example after I place them, dont show on the map as a circle which makes it very hard to know where they are. Do I need to reinstall the game or something?

Thanks in advance for any help on these questions.

Edited by cwb

6 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Hi there! I think you're maybe looking for the DayZ Mod section of the forums. Might I suggest kindly asking a moderator to move your thread to a section where it will get more appropriate views? :)

https://forums.dayz.com/forum/30-new-player-discussion/

Sorry about that I thought I was in the right forums this is evidently the stand alone version of DayZ forums. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and also if you dont mind how do you like the stand alone version? I just might buy it too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cwb said:

Sorry about that I thought I was in the right forums this is evidently the stand alone version of DayZ forums. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and also if you dont mind how do you like the stand alone version? I just might buy it too.

I'm a tad bit obsessed with it, so I'm probably not the best person to give you an honest opinion. Long answer made short: it's almost to Beta! Maybe pick it up then?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tatanko said:

I'm a tad bit obsessed with it, so I'm probably not the best person to give you an honest opinion. Long answer made short: it's almost to Beta! Maybe pick it up then?

It must be pretty good if you like it that much you have my interest. Is it mainly PVP? And can you host your own game and set it up how you like?

10 hours ago, cwb said:

I'm kind of in the same boat as Tatanko. I would wait for 0.63 (beta) to drop and see how everyone likes it and if it lives up to everyone's expectations and make your decision from that. Personally I would say, yes buy the game if you like the mod. I haven't played the mod in its glory days but have played the mod a bit about a year ago. I have to say, I missed a few things from the Standalone and think the Standalone is better.

7 hours ago, cwb said:

It must be pretty good if you like it that much you have my interest. Is it mainly PVP? And can you host your own game and set it up how you like?

Yes, unfortunately most players are hostile and don't even want to interact with another. I think this might change in the future as the game will get a bit harder. At the moment there is no way of hosting your own server or modding. However, in the (near) future we will be able to host our own server, play in singleplayer and mod the game to our liking.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 1:56 AM, IMT said:

I'm kind of in the same boat as Tatanko. I would wait for 0.63 (beta) to drop and see how everyone likes it and if it lives up to everyone's expectations and make your decision from that. Personally I would say, yes buy the game if you like the mod. I haven't played the mod in its glory days but have played the mod a bit about a year ago. I have to say, I missed a few things from the Standalone and think the Standalone is better.

Yes, unfortunately most players are hostile and don't even want to interact with another. I think this might change in the future as the game will get a bit harder. At the moment there is no way of hosting your own server or modding. However, in the (near) future we will be able to host our own server, play in singleplayer and mod the game to our liking.

Well I did talk to one of the mods/devs for the stand alone DayZ on the forums earlier, and she said you have to rent a server to have your own server, but that you cant be an admin even on the server you are renting?!? O.o If I pay a monthly fee for a server in ANY game, I want full admin rights. I run a public server in an online game you will always run into trolls/hackers/A-holes, so Im just supposed to put up with it? Not be able to kick or ban or use other admin powers? Sorry to go a bit off topic but the hosting thing sounds kind of screwed up for this game haha.

52 minutes ago, cwb said:

Well I did talk to one of the mods/devs for the stand alone DayZ on the forums earlier, and she said you have to rent a server to have your own server, but that you cant be an admin even on the server you are renting?!? O.o If I pay a monthly fee for a server in ANY game, I want full admin rights. I run a public server in an online game you will always run into trolls/hackers/A-holes, so Im just supposed to put up with it? Not be able to kick or ban or use other admin powers? Sorry to go a bit off topic but the hosting thing sounds kind of screwed up for this game haha.

I'm sorry, I totally forgot about renting your own servers. Yes, you can indeed host an own server, either a public one or a private one. The public one gives you indeed limited rights. The public server is connected to the central public hive which shares the same character over all servers. Over the private server you have full control as far as the admin panel allows you, this includes kicking and banning players as well. The private hive has a separate hive on it's own which means that a character is tied to that specific server.

It is possible to connect multiple private servers to the same hive so servers connected to that hive will share that character.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 3:01 AM, IMT said:

I'm sorry, I totally forgot about renting your own servers. Yes, you can indeed host an own server, either a public one or a private one. The public one gives you indeed limited rights. The public server is connected to the central public hive which shares the same character over all servers. Over the private server you have full control as far as the admin panel allows you, this includes kicking and banning players as well. The private hive has a separate hive on it's own which means that a character is tied to that specific server.

It is possible to connect multiple private servers to the same hive so servers connected to that hive will share that character.

Excellent so it sounds like at least on both server types you would be able to take care of rude players or hackers. But on private you say you have full admin panel? Could I spawn specific items as an admin? What about setting up new player starting items? And could I increase the loot spawn and respawn rates for the entire server? Sorry for more newby questions but Im having trouble getting answers elsewhere.

1 hour ago, cwb said:

Excellent so it sounds like at least on both server types you would be able to take care of rude players or hackers. But on private you say you have full admin panel? Could I spawn specific items as an admin? What about setting up new player starting items? And could I increase the loot spawn and respawn rates for the entire server? Sorry for more newby questions but Im having trouble getting answers elsewhere.

I don't think you can do that now ,But once mods are in you can do most of what you are wanting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I don't think you can do that now ,But once mods are in you can do most of what you are wanting.

Ok thank you and thank all of you for the good info maybe I will rent my own private server sometime soon.

15 hours ago, cwb said:

Actually, you can't kick/ban on a public hive server because people were abusing to play alone or with an handful of people to load up very easily and then go PvP on other servers. And no, the current server mod tool doesn't allow for spawning items, setting up spawn gear or the loot rates. I don't think this will be possible until the server files will be released, just to keep the game fair.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 6:31 AM, IMT said:

Actually, you can't kick/ban on a public hive server because people were abusing to play alone or with an handful of people to load up very easily and then go PvP on other servers. And no, the current server mod tool doesn't allow for spawning items, setting up spawn gear or the loot rates. I don't think this will be possible until the server files will be released, just to keep the game fair.

I actually talked to one of the devs on a steam post and I guess they are planning to set it up so you can host a game if you want, but not sure on the admin stuff. Maybe for private games since they use a different character I think, they could let us have admin powers. We will have to see what they add to the game in time. Thank you all for the good info, good hunting!

• Like 1