Sign in to follow this  
Marreta

Why Dayz dev team dont use Unreal 4 engine

I am playing pubg, and it is very good for a early  access,  cars works great, and is very funny. Car chases and shootout are intense, the physics has some bugs, but is very funny. Unreal engine 4 is very robust.

Edited by Marreta

Because they developed their own engine which will suit DayZ much better than Unreal Engine 4 or any other engine would do.

• Like 4

As far as i know from 8-Bit-µC-programming in assembler: its always better to begin from scratch when u have too much problems with the old shit thats written. Hard work, but nothing fits better than underwear from the tailor. So there will be more space for modding. 

Do not ever stress a genius at work. I aprecciate the work and the time they put in this to create the base for more games like DayZ! Nevermind, I'll allways love Dayzy!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

As far as i know from 8-Bit-µC-programming in assembler: its always better to begin from scratch when u have too much problems with the old shit thats written. Hard work, but nothing fits better than underwear from the tailor. So there will be more space for modding.

So are you saying they should have started from scratch with Enfusion instead of basing it on Real Virtuality or that you support their decision? I don't understand your statement.

25 minutes ago, scriptfactory said:

So are you saying they should have started from scratch with Enfusion instead of basing it on Real Virtuality or that you support their decision? I don't understand your statement.

After 2 beer: I don't understand your statement.

I support their decission they made: Start from scratch with enfusion engine!

P.s.: Maybe i missunderstand something since i have not much experience with higher programming-languages!

Edited by goateswyn

If no one has the courage to start something new, then we would still talk about stone axes. No risk no fun

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goateswyn said:

I support their decission they made: Start from scratch with enfusion engine!

Enfusion is based on an earlier engine, Real Virtuality.

• Like 1

Nice, i didnt knew that.

So I googled again: Armed Assault was written in SQF !? After that BI created the Real-Virtuality-engine for ArmA 2 -3 and Operation Flashpoint !?

Why was DayZ written in SQF? Is DayZ that old?

21 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

Nice, i didnt knew that.

So I googled again: Armed Assault was written in SQF !? After that BI created the Real-Virtuality-engine for ArmA 2 -3 and Operation Flashpoint !?

Why was DayZ written in SQF? Is DayZ that old?

The engine that Enfusion is based on is that old, yes.

why would they pay money to use another engine when they have there own that does what they want/need it to do. Plus they are a business and it equals more profits I imagine as well. Then If the engine turns out to be a huge success meaning dayz ends up being innovative with what it can do mechanic wise then they might be able to make more profits selling there own engine or licensing it. And they are using the current one for the next Arma games I believe too. Of course i'm not in the gaming industry and This is all my opinion.

• Like 1

Enforce & VR  = Enfusion.

You have the motivation, ideas and the power for a new projekt/inovation. Then: to it.

Edited by Sqeezorz

Short answer:

Unreal 4 is shit for a game like DayZ.

• Like 1

Only somebody who has absolutely zero knowledge about DayZ development, and perhaps game engines, can create thread like this. You know that devs spent incredible effort to create their own engine ? This thread is somehow insulting. However, this must be just ignorance.

• Like 3

I don't care for UReal engine, due to the massive work it would require this dev team to fix in order for many things to work. Such as Under the ground placement of boxes. The cheats that bypass the engine, etc...

So much to do for them, it is best they made their own engines.

• Like 1

Short answer: because alpha.

Mainly because DayZ is building a real engine!

(sorry not sorry :-\ )

What's insulting is how egocentric these Devs are. They don't give two shits about DayZ or the community that supported DayZ and made it as popular as it *was*. It's no longer popular for very good reason. They've taken about five years too long to come up with something that even compares to what the old mod was. This is utter horseshit. The game is in my opinion utterly unplayable. I can't even tell if a server is dead when entering, you can't see how many are online, and zombies are disabled so you have absolutely nothing to compete with other than the weather........ This is what we get after five years of waiting, and purchasing Arma2 for the DayZ mod and then the Stand Alone. I deserve a fucking refund on the Stand Alone because this shit is next level scam artist bullshit. I can't believe they still have you ignorant neckbeards defending it and going so far as to insult players who suggest they use UE4 to speed the god damned process up, not to mention make the game look significantly better. Ark uses UE4 and has very similar in game systems to DayZ and while it has it's issues it looks infinitely better than DayZ, the inventory systems are infinitely better than DayZ, and flying around on a fast dinosaur is a significantly better experience than the bullshit you deal with while driving in DayZ.

This game is a joke, and so is anyone who defends it at this point.

And morons pointing out that it's in Alpha, yeah it's been in Alpha for a very long time. That's not an excuse anymore especially since when you load up the game they tell you it'll continue to be in Alpha for the foreseeable future... This is how you kill a game, not how you create a game. They know that they've got all the money they're ever going to make off this, even if it leaves alpha there's not going to be a surge of people buying it, and that's why the game is as it is. They don't give a fuck. They have no reason to give a fuck. You people give more of a shit than they do.

3 hours ago, Hysterics said:

...I can't even tell if a server is dead when entering, you can't see how many are online, and zombies are disabled so you have absolutely nothing to compete with other than the weather........ 

You do realize this statement right here invalidates everything you posted. You just proved all you are doing is trolling and doing a very poor job of it. I feel sorry for you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hysterics said:

What's insulting is how egocentric these Devs are. They don't give two shits about DayZ or the community that supported DayZ and made it as popular as it *was*. It's no longer popular for very good reason. They've taken about five years too long to come up with something that even compares to what the old mod was. This is utter horseshit. The game is in my opinion utterly unplayable. I can't even tell if a server is dead when entering, you can't see how many are online, and zombies are disabled so you have absolutely nothing to compete with other than the weather........ This is what we get after five years of waiting, and purchasing Arma2 for the DayZ mod and then the Stand Alone. I deserve a fucking refund on the Stand Alone because this shit is next level scam artist bullshit. I can't believe they still have you ignorant neckbeards defending it and going so far as to insult players who suggest they use UE4 to speed the god damned process up, not to mention make the game look significantly better. Ark uses UE4 and has very similar in game systems to DayZ and while it has it's issues it looks infinitely better than DayZ, the inventory systems are infinitely better than DayZ, and flying around on a fast dinosaur is a significantly better experience than the bullshit you deal with while driving in DayZ.

This game is a joke, and so is anyone who defends it at this point.

Have you met @boneboys yet?  I would be surprised if you hadn't by now, talking like that.  Here are the Forum Rules, Roles and Guidelines, in case you decide to extricate you head from the source of your comments, and participate.

Easy explanation!  Unreal team does not have the same agreement with Automobili Lamborghini that Bohemia does.