Sign in to follow this  
gordonfreemantr

0.62 | the sound I hear at night

Hi all, 

0.62 is awesome so far, just one thing, 

When playing at night I can hear a sound like from a far distance, sounds like a car or a motorbike passing by from a far distance, need to listen carefully though or with a good headset, and this also repeating/looping like every 90seconds or so, is it just me going paranoia or do you hear the same sound ? 

Thanks,

5 hours ago, gordonfreemantr said:

Hi all, 

0.62 is awesome so far, just one thing, 

When playing at night I can hear a sound like from a far distance, sounds like a car or a motorbike passing by from a far distance, need to listen carefully though or with a good headset, and this also repeating/looping like every 90seconds or so, is it just me going paranoia or do you hear the same sound ? 

Thanks,

Is it a low pitch or a high pitch sound?

And where are you when you hear it?

There is a weird low pitch wind noise in the sound that plays when you're standing in a forest at night. It's sounds like wind blowing a mountain and its very spooky.

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

Is it a low pitch or a high pitch sound?

And where are you when you hear it?

There is a weird low pitch wind noise in the sound that plays when you're standing in a forest at night. It's sounds like wind blowing a mountain and its very spooky.

Doesnt matter where I am any part of the map, I only hear it at night, the sound lasts around 6-8 seconds only and looping every 90seconds approx. 

A bit like this but the sound comes like from very far and deep. 

I'll try to record it tonight. 

I can heard it too, I always have paranoia thinking about a possible car passing through...

Edited by EdStaffordZombie
grammar

1 hour ago, gordonfreemantr said:

Doesnt matter where I am any part of the map, I only hear it at night, the sound lasts around 6-8 seconds only and looping every 90seconds approx. 

A bit like this but the sound comes like from very far and deep. 

I'll try to record it tonight. 

It does matter where you are. The sound engine uses "zones" for environmental audio. Knowing where you are when you hear it say in a forest, or in the meadow lets me know what sound sample the game is playing for you so i can hear it and determine whether or not it is a car passing by :)

Also perhaps you're mistaking the noise for gusts of wind? Because cars driving fast on pavement tend to give that effect.