vfxtodd

HUGE improvement with .62 - night time sounds

I just finished watching a YT video by DeadlySlob where he plays on a night time server. One feature I was hoping for was having a night time environment where you're not hearing deafening wind sounds (which sounded more like ocean waves). Instead, you're treated to a quiet breeze and insect and animal sounds. To me that is a much more creepier environment for the night, which adds to the dystopian world I am trying to survive in. To me, this is a HUGE improvement to the night time environment. One, that I hope, will continue onto stable, with variations of course. But, I am extremely grateful for the devs for adding this environment choice to DayZ. Now, I really want to play at night more. 

• Like 4

If they could just turn down the ambient volume just a little bit. Sometimes the background environment sounds are so loud its like im standing beside a huge waterfall.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mithrawndo said:

I'm blown away that anyone managed to take a positive from his video!

What does that mean? Genuinely curious.

As for the ambient sounds, i'm sure they will touch on them and adjust them a bit. It's just silly right now how loud it is.

If they read this they should lower the looping audio and increase the volume of the occasional sound sources that play like the birds,tree rustles or insects.

• Like 2

I hate to rain on anyone's parade and don't get me wrong, I love the new graphics, sounds, etc. but... wasn't the forest supposed to be much thicker now? Chernarus forests continue to look like lumberjacking was the only profession available around, I've literally seen city parks denser than that.

I see no improvement in this department based on a few videos and my own 5 minutes around Kamyshovo, can anyone tell me if the Black Forest etc. looks the same?

12 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I hate to rain on anyone's parade and don't get me wrong, I love the new graphics, sounds, etc. but... wasn't the forest supposed to be much thicker now? Chernarus forests continue to look like lumberjacking was the only profession available around, I've literally seen city parks denser than that.

I see no improvement in this department based on a few videos and my own 5 minutes around Kamyshovo, can anyone tell me if the Black Forest etc. looks the same?

The general layout of where trees go are mostly the same. But iirc black forest looks very different to what it did in .61

But no there is not much thickening with forests besides a few areas that ive found that were very "thick". I think at this point its more about bushes and more clutter. Also I would say the placements of trees are too evenly spaced out tbh. Especially some of the tall thin trees. Would be nice if a map designer went through and touched them up more by making dense areas in forests like clumping up trees or adding more bushes.

On 2017-5-29 at 3:09 PM, DannyDog said:

What does that mean? Genuinely curious.

As for the ambient sounds, i'm sure they will touch on them and adjust them a bit. It's just silly right now how loud it is.

If they read this they should lower the looping audio and increase the volume of the occasional sound sources that play like the birds,tree rustles or insects.

I'm not sure. I suspect I'd just come off the back of an argument and/or had let real life invade my thought process. That, or I was drunk. Either way, it was unfounded and deserves and apology: I'm sorry!

• Like 1