Sign in to follow this  
_GoUp_

changes in playstyle for 0.62 exp

Mostly started playing with the same settings, only a little bit higher video settings and ambient occlusion on for a change because it looks so damn good.
Usually played with sound settings almost maxed to hear everything and have good direction of sounds but with the ambient sounds i'm going crazy; They're nice but a little bit too loud. compared to other ingame sounds imo.

I will be using flash lights a lot more! I hope I'm not the only one. The nights feel amazing. I wish only I could bind a hotkey to switch on/off of the flashlights and weaponflashlights.

I'll be changing where I make camps like barrels and tents. I'll prolly use the ghillie suit a little bit more.
I always like to play it ranged in pvp, which seems also logical for this update with the dense forests. And only a part of nature renders in at long distance.
But holding up people seems nice too, because maybe I can now creep on players a bit better (in forests, I said maybe, probably gonna fail).
Who runs or draws weapon when asked to put hands up, that death is on you. Sorry, not sorry.

Are you changing where to play on the map? I never hanged around much at the coast, but I'll go where players will be, wherever that is inland.

This is the first I thought of, what are you changing in DayZ?

I will take people into the forest to torture them more often now :)

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
  • Like 3

I'll be picking up a whole stack of small stones from the coast with each new life, or use a pickaxe to mine some if I spawn a bit inland.  Stony ground textures are few and far between now.

As far as basebuilding goes, I'll be using a go big or go home strategy, now that tree cover has been greatly reduced.  Might have a few barrel tricks up my sleeve, but will have to wait for a few days without a wipe to check out the feasibility.

• Like 2

Night time is probably the funnest time for me now. When i spawned for the first time it was night and i just took a stroll in the forest with only my flare.

It was amazing and I had wished we spawned with a flashlight instead for even more spooky immersion.

The new trees just look so good silhouetting against the sky at night.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, emuthreat said:

As far as basebuilding goes, I'll be using a go big or go home strategy, now that tree cover has been greatly reduced.

Wasn't it supposed to be the opposite - increased ?

Given that foliage is much more dynamic comparing to old one it's much harder to hide under certain circumstances. Player, barrels and tents aren't waving on the wind - they are static (player only counts there while camping).

Thus your eyes will more likely catch the difference on the screen. Another thing is that you are more exposed as you can't hide inside of the pine trees anymore.

I may have to upgrade to 4k from 2k, and I just upgraded to 2k.

:/

i asked a few days ago in a groupchat if someone was down to playing DayZ, someone said "No thanks, Dayz graphics suck, i'd rather play Rust"

WTF?