Sign in to follow this  
Reece D Asbury

DayZ FB hate

As the title says, I always notice the same hate on their Facebook page, but I have always wondered whilst most comments are centered around DayZ being dead ect ect (has some truth)

Do the Devs actually wish they did things differently with the way they handled making the game ?

:Released it to EA to early

:Left way to long between updates

:Concentrated on other things

:Hired a bigger team so they didnt fall so far behind

:Never released that internal road map to the public 

Always been curious to these 

13 minutes ago, Reece D Asbury said:

-snip-

-snip-

Exactly, these people should do exactly the same.

Because "the Internet never forgets something"

• Like 1

DAYZ isnt dead. no truth to that whatsoever.

There's no point "speculating" what the devs think.

Follow their FB and Twitter and ignore the trolls as thats what they are, trolls.

Edited by OrLoK
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

DAYZ isnt dead. no truth to that whatsoever.

There's no point "speculating" what the devs think.

Follow their FB and Twitter and ignore the trolls as thats what they are, trolls.

Yeah would be nice if the Devs actually answered some of these types of questions, :( 

Dayz is dead in a sense, its never going to be what alot of people thought it would be, 

I do indeed follow their twitters and FB, my problem is there is alot of questions being asked on there, which they NEVER reply too, and this is where alot of the hate probably comes from. lack of social networking communication (Please dont answer that with join the forums and ask) 

• Like 1

Doesn't matter what game, the facebook is always full of those people.

A lot of the questions in the social media are always the same old questions that have been answered thousands of times through the years. I bet the DayZ twitter gets at least 5 questions in a day about the console release alone.

they don't manage their FB page for what I saw. Usually the troll comments should be deleted and all drama stopped from the beginning. 

I would suggest to join the FB group instead, the place is thriving, and Rob their admin is great taking out the toxic stuff out as soon as he notices it.

Facebook is internet concentration camp of people who has no idea how to use internet. There are some normal people too, but they knows other internet places too lol 

They will be playing 0.63, and act like they never did hate. 

• Like 1

Criticism believe it or not, makes games better. Not worse. If you are accepting of shit, then you shouldn't really expect to get nothing but shit in return.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reece D Asbury said:

Dayz is dead in a sense, its never going to be what alot of people thought it would be, 

A lot of people think a lot of things.  Most of those people have an inverse relationship between how well-informed they are, and outspoken they are.  

I know, I know.  Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, right?  Nobody ever said anything about everybody's individual opinion having to be right.

And here we are, where the prevailing opinions are often profoundly wrong, yet propagated faster than it takes to explain the truth of the matter.

It's a wonderful thing, this instantaneous mass-transmission of information that the internet facilitates. /S

• Like 3

3 hours ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Criticism believe it or not, makes games better. Not worse. If you are accepting of shit, then you shouldn't really expect to get nothing but shit in return.

Constructive critique is always welcome, but not often forthcoming.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2017 at 8:07 PM, Reece D Asbury said:

Yeah would be nice if the Devs actually answered some of these types of questions, :( 

I do indeed follow their twitters and FB, my problem is there is alot of questions being asked on there, which they NEVER reply too, and this is where alot of the hate probably comes from. lack of social networking communication (Please dont answer that with join the forums and ask) 

Actions speak louder than words and when Devs do respond, they sometimes shoot themselves in the foot and I'd rather just see progress.

As to the OP - I said shortly after I started playing the mod that someone needed to basically make this into a stand alone game and they needed to do it quick. I think game publishers missed out on a huge opportunity but then I'm not surprised. Games are made by suits these days which is why when something like DayZ came along, everyone missed out on a golden opportunity.

Had someone picked up the gauntlet a lot quicker and had come out with basically the same game but working and with zombie hordes I tihnk things would have been a lot different. Instead, everyone seemed to take a part of DayZ and make that part into their own game whilst ignoring the phenomena that happened - that 2 million people bought a buggy, 5 years old FPS (Arma 2) just to play a mod of that game lol

It's over now. The DayZ days are long gone. Try again in 2 decades time.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2017 at 8:07 PM, Reece D Asbury said:

you really want devs to take time away from making the game better and answer to internet trolls feeling personally attacked because the game is not meeting their unrealistic expectations?

• Like 1

On 24.5.2017 at 8:19 PM, Reece D Asbury said:

DayZ being dead ect ect (has some truth)

Do u people just pull this information out of ur asses?

Cos I certainly dont see anything that suggests Dayz is dead or dying...

And the development of Dayz has been pretty damn spot on consistent with what they said the game was gonna be. I think its pretty lame of ppl to declare the game dead just because their misinformed expectations was let down.

In short, whatever these people expected Dayz would be in the end, no one ever told them in the first place....

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ZomboWTF said:

you really want devs to take time away from making the game better and answer to internet trolls feeling personally attacked because the game is not meeting their unrealistic expectations?

A dev should not be really doing a ton of FB or posts anyways. Once in awhile seeing posts etc and responding is a good thing but we have Community Managers for this. A programmer should be posting on FB? not a good time management, unless on their own time. Hicks on the other hand? he is a Community leader, and needs to address some of the game views back directly. His input is what drives sales, and a relationship to the community. He also has a ton of time to spend with his company and his team. Otherwise no real good comes out of cross information from a programming dev.

I agree completely with this Zombo :)

Dayz is not dead, maybe in limbo from the huge influx of younger CSGO players??

Edited by sneakydude

The forums responses here are almost as dead as the steam charts for player numbers,.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jex said:

The forums responses here are almost as dead as the steam charts for player numbers,.

DayZ and the developers are not exactly riding on a wave of success lately and the numbers prove it. Don't really think that the much awaited final version of this game will result in something dramatically and astoundingly better than what he have now. The "desert wandering will not lead to the promised land" I'm afraid. 

All that work, time and effort just to have a few thousand players. Maybe they should start putting more effort and hope in the console versions, as it is their only chance of (maybe), recapturing new players and a long lost success.

Hey, I got shot in the face at a military checkpoint a few days back. Game's still alive, chummers.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:50 AM, emuthreat said:

A lot of people think a lot of things.  Most of those people have an inverse relationship between how well-informed they are, and outspoken they are.  

I know, I know.  Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, right?  Nobody ever said anything about everybody's individual opinion having to be right.

And here we are, where the prevailing opinions are often profoundly wrong, yet propagated faster than it takes to explain the truth of the matter.

It's a wonderful thing, this instantaneous mass-transmission of information that the internet facilitates. /S

I mean come on, it's not even going to ever be what it was while it was a mod. It was highly popular and a great experience. I played a few DayZ mods using DayZ Commander, I think one was called "Echo" I dunno but it added a fair amount of functionality to the game including an in game currency and traders, vaults, and various other structures. Maybe that's not what the majority of people want from DayZ but that mod whatever it was called was wildly successful and very popular back then. That was five years ago. Now coming back checking into the game periodically I see absolutely nothing done, minor cosmetic changes, new glitches then claims of them fixing said glitches as if that's somehow productive. They're creating problems then solving them and acting as if that's progress... I don't buy it. This is a scam, outright. They took advantage of the name brand and BIs name, as well as the EA system, and tarnished all of it. DayZ will from what I can see never be a finished game. Even if it technically finishes the graphics and general gameplay will feel incredibly dated; they already do. There's really no excuse for this sort of development process.

On 24.5.2017 at 9:07 PM, Reece D Asbury said:

its never going to be what alot of people thought it would be, ...

Thats true. Most of them expected a quick copy/paste of the DayZ Mod made in half a year. Now they get a triple A game that is not made in half a year. Even the hater will recognize this at some point.

On 2017-5-24 at 7:19 PM, Reece D Asbury said:

As the title says, I always notice the same hate on their Facebook page, but I have always wondered whilst most comments are centered around DayZ being dead ect ect (has some truth)

Do the Devs actually wish they did things differently with the way they handled making the game ?

:Released it to EA to early

:Left way to long between updates

:Hired a bigger team so they didnt fall so far behind

:Never released that internal road map to the public 

Always been curious to these 

The early success of DayZ led the devs to increase the scope of the game. They had originally planned to release it in 2015 (I think) but when they decided to rebuild the game from the ground up, a 2015 release obviously wasn't feasible. Frankly, I'm happy that they made this decision. In an alternate reality, there's a DayZ that was released in 2015 because the devs decided against a redesign. That version of DayZ is inferior to the version we are going to get.

I'm sure the devs wish that they had endeavoured to create the game they are making now way back when they first started development, but I don't think there's much that they could, or should, have done differently. Also remember that DayZ was among the first high-profile Early Access games. The devs are effectively pathfinders for what not to do in Early Access. Considering that, I think they've handled Early Access quite well.

Time between updates is a funny one. When DayZ first entered EA we got regular small updates. When they went with the redesign, we still got frequent updates, but we also got the occasional big update. But what did people do? They complained because the small updates were mostly just adding clothing and other items. The reality (I believe) is that they were releasing these smaller updates in order to stop people from complaining about the lack of updates. All it did was cause people to complain about the updates themselves. You can't win. Ultimately they settled with just releasing the big tech updates, which is fine by me. I expect that when all the major tech is implemented, we'll see more frequent updates that have a major effect on gameplay. For now we just have to be patient.

The devs did hire a bigger team. Having more people doesn't necessarily mean development proceeds at a faster rate, however. You also have to consider the long-term sustainability of having so many new employees. That's my take on it anyway. Could be that they just prefer having a smaller team than a larger team, which is understandable.

The devs might regret the road map, however. That's been the source of a lot of grief. It's good that they're no longer declaring release dates because when they miss them it's hugely disappointing. I think they know this, so they've learned not to promise things that they're not certain they can deliver. Again, the devs were in new territory when it comes to game development. Can't blame them too much.