Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

17 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Maybe setting dayz.cfg to read only will prevent whatever problem you had and others who have experienced the same thing.

Well, if it happens again, I know where to start looking. It it makes a habit of this, I'll certainly write protect it.

I had never experienced this before, but now that you mention it, wasn't this a thing back around 0.45? It seems to me that I remember talk of having to write protect the config file back then.

hey....anyone else with the problem that textures not loading perfectly?
bushes,walls,signs...somehow low quality....then just fast look other way and back...then its loaded normally.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

bushes,walls,signs...somehow low quality....then just fast look other way and back...then its loaded normally.

I do have that with ground, floor and sign textures in cities. And in the lobby when starting the game, it takes ages till everything is loaded. (Game on SSD). But ingame I don't have any problems with trees or bushes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Yes, lots of texture pop and sometimes it doesn't pop, even when you're standing right next to the object.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

few examples...

8AF8E8E64BBB7BCDC0EFC88F333131CF353625A7
49B6848805D24E5BDFC249229F5AEB9B59C31FE1
D4FEEA8054867C814CACAFEF8F467CFF37AB13F1E1B9B06559367F3233A37163E7D96C7EDFC5DE85

You should create a ticket and post these on the feedback tracker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

That about covers it; now for the bad:

a) I experienced a period where I couldn’t get the prompt to search for apples and had to relog.

b) I experienced another period where I couldn’t get the prompt to open doors and had to relog. No doubt a repeat of issue a.

c) Crashes: 1- Always when exiting the game, 2- Once when browsing available game servers, 3- Twice while playing.

d) I was dumped into the lobby with the dreaded “No Message Received” message, perhaps four times.

e) And now for the star of the show. Even though I was averaging +/-85fps in the countryside on Thursday evening, I could only muster +/-20fps last night. It was literally a slide show for most of the evening, which made hand to hand combat with the zeds very dangerous, indeed. I had to revert to stealth mode, in order to sneak around them, which dramatically slowed my progress.

3 hours ago, IMT said:

When 0.62 dropped they changed, replaced or reset the config files. Not sure how or what but I do know that everyone needed to do their settings again. Most of your issues is something I don't encounter except for C. Now issue E can have a lot of different variables, even server performance or connection can have an impact on the FPS.

Bearing in mind what @IMT has said here, we were playing on an Australian server last night don't forget. My performance in general was not nearly as good as I have come to expect from US or even EU based servers, so I'm sure that was at least a contributing factor to your negative experience. I do know that you switched servers at least once though, so I'm not sure if that had any noticeable effect.

I was able to meet up with @Mean Gun Morris last night and get a camp started. Really pleased with how well that turned out given how little time we actually spent acquiring everything. We had a tent, barrel, campfire, and even a garden going. Hoping to revisit today if there isn't a persistence wipe! :)

LAypGSel.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 12

My experience with 0.62 so far:

1. The new visuals for forests are amazing...

2. I do not like too much the new sounds, yeah they are cool but i do not like all these random sounds of owls and crickets.

I noticed bugs with the transitions between these sounds, transit from a zone with zone to a windy one is a little bit weird. They need to smooth the audio transitions. Also sounds are so loud, they have to tweak them a little bit and make the gunshots and reload sounds louder.

3. I've seen some visual glitches, like some fences magically disappears (because of the renderer) if you see them from certain angle. Also weird visual glitch (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125082).

In addition my PC almost got freezed when the transition between nigh and day was performed. The game was stucked for 15 seconds.

4. Nights so dark, there is no sense to have the vision reduced if you wear a torch or a flashlight, this makes that people do not use this kind of light sources because it is a dissadvantage, they can see you from kms and you can barely see 10m in front.

5. No crashes happened except the one exiting the game (Wonderful news with first iteration).

TDRL: I liked but I think I am going to wait until 0.63, no features that makes me wanna play, yeah more inmersive and beautiful but nothing new to do, except making tourism through new zones.

Good job devs btw.

Best regards!

• Like 3

I noticed the inventory crash is still a thing.

Simply pulling up the inventory sometimes = CTD.

Adventures in the North West

Started in Svetlojarsk, @starvingart found a truck in decent driving condition and came to get me in Svetlo, I had ran from Berezino previously without any notable issues. A beautiful early morning light indeed; the fog I exhaled through my face mask clouded my glasses every other second.

O6ygArc.png

Vanity shot (is there a Victoria's Secret around here? I need a push-up bra, dammit!) 

68n0U4c.png

Somewhere in between Ratnoe and Toploniki, stalking that one herd of cows that's getting away, but we're hungry so we press on, beautiful trees along the way;

rZ2IojN.png

With my trusty Winchester, I manage to shoot 2 cows, to whom  I give a short and silent apology for slaughtering, but hey, I got a man with me and I need to feed him, so I need to ignore my fear of weapons and my disgust with having to gut those cows;

mooFfmR.png

We're done with gutting the cows and chopping out the steaks, there are some deer around but I step too close and they run away, my partner is rather annoyed at my incautious actions. We didn't have room for any more meat anyway.

On the way to Toploniki, we have to pick up @☣BioHaze☣ night is falling and the need to eat is getting pressing;

S2A5IIh.png

Time to cook the fruit of our hard work and go to bed stuffed and happy. (I think he fell asleep while cooking.)

3OVjy5Z.png

• Like 11

I envy you guys so much. My frieds dont play DayZ any more, and most of you are 6 or 7 time zones away so I have to explore experimental all alone. I had that annoying indoors movement bug. I tried to get out os Elektro school and game didnt let me out, everything was spinning around and it finally trew me in those shoe changing cages (dont know any better descripion). I couldnt get out and had to F11.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I envy you guys so much. My frieds dont play DayZ any more, and most of you are 6 or 7 time zones away so I have to explore experimental all alone. I had that annoying indoors movement bug. I tried to get out os Elektro school and game didnt let me out, everything was spinning around and it finally trew me in those shoe changing cages (dont know any better descripion). I couldnt get out and had to F11.

What is your timezone?

44 minutes ago, IMT said:

What is your timezone?

Central Europe

Is it just me, or is getting healthy impossible without puking right now? I am always stuffed, and I mean always

2 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

Central Europe

I'm one hour ahead. In the afternoon it's mostly ThurmanMerman and me during the weekdays, if I'm online in the afternoon that is. In the evening there are a few more people online and around midnight and after midnight there are more people online. Sometimes I miss some people because of the timezone difference but sometimes not. I guess it depends on the schedules from both sides.

In the weekend you might get more luck during the afternoon and evening. :)

4 minutes ago, Havrin said:

Is it just me, or is getting healthy impossible without puking right now? I am always stuffed, and I mean always

There is most certainly less food and I think the food is getting to a point where it's just right. They did a very good job on balancing it. You can go a bit without food but at some point you need to loot again to get your energy level back up. In 0.61 you could easily go along time without looting any food.

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

There is most certainly less food and I think the food is getting to a point where it's just right. They did a very good job on balancing it. You can go a bit without food but at some point you need to loot again to get your energy level back up. In 0.61 you could easily go along time without looting any food.

That's is true but not what I meant. If you scanvage enough you have enough food. My point is, that I eat and drink till I get orange stuffed. At that point hydrated is bright green and energized is just green. So I wait until I am yellow-stuffed again. But at this point, I am just hydrated and energized again, not bright green. So I drink and eat until I am orange-stuffed again and still I am not bright green on both, hydrated and energized. I can only achieve this, if I go over orange-stuffed and puke. Don't think that is correct balanced. What I am trying to say is, that stuffed should go down way faster.

1 minute ago, Havrin said:

That's is true but not what I meant. If you scanvage enough you have enough food. My point is, that I eat and drink till I get orange stuffed. At that point hydrated is bright green and energized is just green. So I wait until I am yellow-stuffed again. But at this point, I am just hydrated and energized again, not bright green. So I drink and eat until I am orange-stuffed again and still I am not bright green on both, hydrated and energized. I can only achieve this, if I go over orange-stuffed and puke. Don't think that is correct balanced. What I am trying to say is, that stuffed should go down way faster.

You should and try to get the right balance then. Eating too much dry food will cause an imbalance, same thing goes for food with a low calorie amount and high amount of stomach content. Food like Tactical Bacon is very good for calories. Powdered Milk is bad for hydration but good for calories, combine that with two soda's and you only gain calories. Meat is also a very good way to get a lot of calories except for the chicken breast.

What I used to do in 0.61 a lot is eat meat until I'm red stuffed and whenever my hydration goes to dark green and I'm not red stuffed you can get a bit of hydration from your meat but mostly calories. At some point you need to stop eating meat and make sure you get some water to get your balance in order. Being healthy is all in the diet in DayZ.

If you're 5000 blood and 5000 health and still not healthy, take off your shoes until it says "My feet hurt" in the bottom and put back your shoes on. That will most likely get you to healthy after you've reached 5000 on both blood and health.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Bearing in mind what @IMT has said here, we were playing on an Australian server last night don't forget. My performance in general was not nearly as good as I have come to expect from US or even EU based servers, so I'm sure that was at least a contributing factor to your negative experience. I do know that you switched servers at least once though, so I'm not sure if that had any noticeable effect.

I was able to meet up with @Mean Gun Morris last night and get a camp started. Really pleased with how well that turned out given how little time we actually spent acquiring everything. We had a tent, barrel, campfire, and even a garden going. Hoping to revisit today if there isn't a persistence wipe! :)

Yes, I initially began on the Australian server, but I switched to others early on. It got dark, just after I spawned as a freshie and I was having trouble finding food & water and figuring out where I was. Hey, there's no more glow in the dark wallpaper inside the houses, so it gets pretty dark at night!

So I hopped onto several different US, UK and IR servers, where I had some daylight and dramatically better pings. Frankly, I was surprised at just how consistent the fps was. As I recollect, I was initially seeing an average of 17fps while on the Australian server, but after restarting the game and rebooting the PC, I had a stable 22fps no matter what server I was on, with surprisingly little variation. This was true whether my ping was 50, or 250. Now, some servers gave me a smooth 22fps (if there is such a thing) and some servers gave me a slide show at 22fps and some just couldn't make their mind up and repeatedly transitioned back and forth. I would say that the slide show scenario was more likely with higher pings, but I also suffered from it on my local servers as well, so I suspect that server load had at least as much, if not more more of an influence, than server ping alone. Between playing and then later, my diagnostic efforts, I was easily on eight to ten different servers over the course of the night.

Sorry I missed you guys last night. The more I tried to rush, it seemed like the slower I went.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Havrin said:

Don't eat the cereal or the rice, and you should be fine.  Even pumpkin slices will be digested quickly enough to matter very little.  But those cereals and rice will make you pay for a couple hours, trying to rebalance your levels.

• Like 1

Heard some gunfire in Solnichniy, saw this survivor standing over something in a field.

Followed her for 27 minutes... she never once looked behind herself.

More wacky colours:

• Like 5

On 5/25/2017 at 11:26 AM, nl said:

However, deleting my DAYZ profile did not work to be able to bind "move forward" to sec. mouse button, also binding "turbo" to a thumb button doesn't work any more. Seems to me keybinding no longer detect a button being held depressed (hold) as a input.

Made a ticket for this: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125218

• Like 1

10 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Heard some gunfire in Solnichniy, saw this survivor standing over something in a field.

Followed her for 27 minutes... she never once looked behind herself.

More wacky colours:

If you don't look around you for 27 minutes you deserve to get shot in the head by a Trumpet haha.

12 minutes ago, IMT said:

If you don't look around you for 27 minutes you deserve to get shot in the head by a Trumpet haha.

heshot her with an arrow, two arrows in fact while she was by a fire.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob

54 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

heshot her with an arrow, two arrows in fact while she was by a fire.

That was the video -Gews- posted before this one.