Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

Just now, IMT said:

I like building big camps

You mean like the gargantuous camp metropolis we used to build? Where it took me 10 minutes to just find the entrance?  

giphy.gif

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Baroness said:

You mean like the gargantuous camp metropolis we used to build? Where it took me 10 minutes to just find the entrance?  

giphy.gif

Yep exactly those camps, they were massive. And indeed, finding the entrance required a learning curve haha.

• Like 2

I miss those camps. Let's do another one sometime!

• Like 2

Ahh the promise of forests you could hide a city in then the reality of server performance lol. I do hope it improves over time. And the introduction of camo netting and digging holes may be. Si if only they had introduced them early on in the game :-)

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I tried to get a lightning strike shot yesterday without success. Small bug or missing file right now : thunder sound effects.
Of course this is totally normal as many other sound effects are missing too. Can't wait to see the new storms with updated lighting and thunder!!

There are a whole lot of new weather audio samples. They just don't play in game (could be unconfigured file paths) but they sound absolutely great. Albeit with a bit of weirdness going on with them. (I find that in many of the new sounds ingame?) I think mainly because they've been edited/processed or are actually artificial sounds.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SoggySocks said:

I can't get vsync to work. Is anybody else having this problem?

My configuration:

Edit: Additionally, I've tried in game vsync and nvidia control panel (all varieties of vsync). Nothing worked. Tried in game alone, then NVCP alone.

After reading your post I deduced that lack of vsync was likely what was causing the game to hitch for me every 6-8 steps.

GTX 750
Driver 382.33
Intel i5-4690k @ 3.50 GHz
8gig ram
42" 1920 x 1080 60hz

I went through every place I knew of to turn on vsync, experience game specific settings (I also let it optimize for me but it didn't seem to change anything once in game), control panel settings global (fast), and program specific in control panel (fast), as well as in game for DayZ and my hitching problem was fixed on 32 bit. The only other thing I did was I changed my 3D setting to balanced from quality.

It sounds like you tried most of these but that's what worked for me.

I have yet to try 64 bit but plan to boot back up soon.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
...and thank you, soggy.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TickleGhost said:

I agree, denser forests would be sweet, but I'm ok with how they look now. Great job.

Now, I am not much of a "forum-er",

3.) It'd be cool if when you enter a building, the sound muffles/deafens a bit, especially when doors are closed. (not sure how doable this is) The fact that i hear the same level of noise in/out of buildings ruins the ambience quite a bit.I really enjoy the game and love the vision the team has. I'm a sucker for perfect sound design (ooooh like Elite Dangerous...*drools*). It makes/breaks the immersion for me!

Thanks, friends.

Generally, dont criticise the devs work ethics or attack them in general and the majority of the forum guys wont bother you. The game will be released, it isnt dead, and the devs are working hard to balance the way the game was with the desires of the playerbase. 

I think they may be able to make the sound the way that you described, just look at what theyve done with the lighting. Its astonishing. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

After reading your post I deduced that lack of vsync was likely what was causing the game to hitch for me every 6-8 steps.

GTX 750
Driver 382.33
Intel i5-4690k @ 3.50 GHz
8gig ram
42" 1920 x 1080 60hz

I went through every place I knew of to turn on vsync, experience game specific settings (I also let it optimize for me but it didn't seem to change anything once in game), control panel settings global (fast), and program specific in control panel (fast), as well as in game for DayZ and my hitching problem was fixed on 32 bit. The only other thing I did was I changed my 3D setting to balanced from quality.

It sounds like you tried most of these but that's what worked for me.

I have yet to try 64 bit but plan to boot back up soon.

You should really invest in a new GPU by 1.0 and you can get the 4690k to 4ghz with a liquid cooler no problem. Im sort of assuming youre running stock cooler.

2 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

You should really invest in a new GPU by 1.0 and you can get the 4690k to 4ghz with a liquid cooler no problem. Im sort of assuming youre running stock cooler.

I do actually have a liquid cooler, not stock.

This GFX is exactly for what you say... to get me to 1.0.

When things are nailed down and the cards that run DayZ best become apparent, I'll be looking to upgrade my GFX card and maybe even my TV too.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I do actually have a liquid cooler, not stock.

This GFX is exactly for what you say... to get me to 1.0.

When things are nailed down and the cards that run DayZ best become apparent, I'll be looking to upgrade my GFX card and maybe even my TV too.

You can defininately push it (cpu) to 4ghz easy peasy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TickleGhost said:

1.) I think they over-did the crickets and animal noises.  I feel like I would've enjoyed more wind and silence than hearing a whole bunch of animals I will never see.  When i hear owls and birds and critters, my brain expects to SEE them. In a real forest, I don't feel like I hear that many animal noises. Anyway, I just feel like it kind of pulls me out of the immersion, and I feel less lonely with so much sound and noise going on. I'd prefer a very rare/occasional noise and maybe a bit lighter on the crickets. I think when you can have times where you just hear your footsteps, some wind, and then suddenly hear an occasional/rare animal sound it builds the suspense. In this sense i think the old sounds were better because they were a bit more subtle.

2.)Some of the sounds transitions when going from forest to field are a little too sudden as well.

3.) It'd be cool if when you enter a building, the sound muffles/deafens a bit, especially when doors are closed. (not sure how doable this is) The fact that i hear the same level of noise in/out of buildings ruins the ambience quite a bit.

Agreed. Animal sounds should be occasional or, even better, actually coming from real animals that you can see and hunt. The transitions are far too sudden, but that might be for the purposes of testing, to make sure that sounds are actually transitioning properly. I'm sure they'll tweak it. I hope they make it so that geometry can block sound. I don't see it happening, but it'd be really cool.

Welcome to the forums. I think I have to say that now because I have way too many posts here.

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

I have an i5 4690K overclocked to 4.2 on air using a http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-412s cooler. 38c idle, 78c gaming load. If I push anymore than 4.2ghz it sends the temp over 80c which is above manufacturers recommended safe/optimal temps. 

Edited by [Gen]Adzic
Broken link
  • Like 2

edit nvm im too tired to read properly :D

Edited by Buakaw

- Alright, I`ve a bug update on weapon ready. If you ready any weapons with your right mouse button and then aim with the right mouse button - it will automatically lower it after (5-10) seconds.  However if you ready your weapons or binoculars with a hot key like B for example -it should be okey and you can use a scope without interruption, enjoy! :)

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 3

Well i have to say the environment is sooo damn good ! I almost feel like I'm playing "THE FOREST"  it really has given a giant atmosphere boost to the game especially with the new environment sounds also.. i was hoping the shitty zombie noizes would have changed also but oh well.. i just wish i could run everything in high/ultra i think it would be rather orgazmo.. goddamn this game is getting good.. The dayz fantasies i use to have 3+ years ago are becoming a reality 

• Like 4

You will rarely see a cricket you hear, or an owl you hear, often even birds you hear IRL in a real forest.

I think the ambient animal sounds are great. But I have not run long enough to know if they are always on. Hearing owls all night every night is kind if lame. 

Love the new graphics and wind. I am runnign a 1080gtx and see no difference between previos version and this one in performance. Just really great looking trees and lighting.

Are buildings darker now when its bright out and they are shadowed inside. Certainly the one door barn is. Nice look.

• Like 2

I have not played in 0.62, but now read a lot about the ambient sound. The animal sounds should really come from a defined place. (The devs could use the spawn points of animals, of which there is enough and they are well distributed). It would surely be a much better atmosphere when an owl is heard at a point, you go closer, it gets louder and before you can see it, you can hear it fluttering because it flies away. The same with other "animal sounds" for example cicadas, you can hear them, but seeing is very difficult. (I certainly have 30 pieces of this cicadas in the lawn in front of the bedroom .. grml).

Ok, the sound are not finished.. we wait.

• Like 1

Is there any season in game?visually its autumn but is there crickets at autumn at all?

16 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

I have not played in 0.62, but now read a lot about the ambient sound. The animal sounds should really come from a defined place. (The devs could use the spawn points of animals, of which there is enough and they are well distributed). It would surely be a much better atmosphere when an owl is heard at a point, you go closer, it gets louder and before you can see it, you can hear it fluttering because it flies away. The same with other "animal sounds" for example cicadas, you can hear them, but seeing is very difficult. (I certainly have 30 pieces of this cicadas in the lawn in front of the bedroom .. grml).

Ok, the sound are not finished.. we wait.

Yea I want that to happen but i'm not sure how many sound sources they can put in and play at the same time around the player. My vision is that every tree, bush or object would be a defined sound source that plays audio that is synced to clients via server. So say you were in a group and are standing next to a tree. The wind factor gets really strong and the tree visually sways but also, the tree rustle noise (click to listen) would increase and get louder as well effectively making it harder to hear things for players. That's my dream :P

I've noticed that I can't look through my hunting scope for long, after about 10 secs it pops me out of the scope view. I'm not sure if this is the case with other scopes in the game. Anyone else experience this?

Dunno if this an 0.62 issue or not, haven't played in quite a while, been even longer since I had one of the damn things in working order;

The M68 red-dot. I had one earlier, with a battery. Can someone tell me if the brightness of the dot is affected by battery charge? The thing was so faint, it reached the point of uselessnes, because it took longer to try and see the damn dot, than it took to line up the irons.

Hello ! here's my feedback for this new experimetnal !

First I was impressed by the new ambient sound ! I spawning near the sea and hearing the new sea sound was great !

Then I directly go to a forest and it was really amazing ! I can't stop taking screenshot lol !

The next day I went to the new west corner of the map and it was great to discover this new area !

I discovered some bug I put them in the feedback tracker !

I did not encounter the black face bug in any of my game session !

Concerning the whitelisted server for content creator: I'm not in that kind of privilege but i recognize that streamer and youtuber make the game live in some way !

But I thought it whould be great to encourage the people that put bug reports in the feedback tracker by giving them the possibility to get in that server too ! or maybe giving them some credit in every status report to encourage them (like telling who is putting more bug report or most detailled bug report )

Bye and keep up the great works as aklways ! 0.62 is amazing so far !

Edited by hemtek
  • Like 5

kind of a mixed bag this morning:

was getting 40 fps today!  was lucky if I got 25 previous days.

deer stands are buggy today.  when you get to the top of the ladder it bounces you off and you fall to the ground and take damage.  seems to happen if items are spawned (or left) near the ladder.  happened at 2 different stands.

anyone want a fal?  no ammo or mag, but I have a free fal if anyone wants one.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2017 at 10:57 PM, Sharplooter said:

I played 0.62 a couple of minutes again, and even at day time there is something like a referee who is blowing a whistle frequently over and over again. I really wonder how a creator had ideas like that... at the moment i can't judge much about the new visual and other efforts, becasue the sound is destroying the whole experience for me.

Maybe I missed where you already answered this, but have you tried turning down individual sound volume settings for the time being? For example, just turning down the "Effects" volume.

On 5/27/2017 at 6:29 AM, sausagekingofchicago said:

Probably not.  I wouldn't recommend playing Experimental as if it was a stable build.  If you're trying to build a camp it should be for testing purposes.

We gotta test those camps! ;)

10 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Well i have to say the environment is sooo damn good ! I almost feel like I'm playing "THE FOREST"  

I'm a fan of that game as well, and I completely agree with you. It's a good thing.

I'll be online on the usual TS server this evening (US Eastern time), ladies and gents. Hope I see some of your names and hear some of your voices!

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

anyone noticed that clouds movement is sometimes like warping...they move first nicely and then,some odd hickups?