Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

2 hours ago, Fing said:

I like the look of the new forests, But they are nothing like the images they showed before .62 exp came out.  The ground cover in the picture was more dense and I felt you could hid a camp in that forest.  What I have seen so far in the game is more the opposite. I don't feel like I could hide a sausage in the new forests let alone a camp.  I do hope the situation improves as making and hiding a camp is part of my play style.  If it stays this way when it goes to stable there is not much point in me playing as far as I can see (which is a good way in the forests). I would like to know what the rest of you campers think? PS you cant even hide barrels in trees any more :-(.

Exactly what I think, besides the ambient sound problem. The collision query of fir trees is (unrealistic) bad. I would not play this on stable.

Edited by Sharplooter

1 minute ago, Sharplooter said:

Exactly what I think, besides the ambient sound problem.

I'd rather love to get 60 FPS than 20 FPS with full packed forests where you can't see finger infront of your nose.

Graphics changes look wonderful, though I've barely had a chance to see the West due to mongoloids not being able to use their words and wipes.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Is it only me or everyone gets their characters wiped? There were no updates or anything, my experimental character resets every, let's say, 12 hours. I can't play with one character for one full day. No one killed me on logging.

I get it that it's Experimental version, but how can I manage to test out new stuff if I can't even get to the West part of the map without getting wiped? :D

It can probably happen - build a base somewhere and store some items. The wipe affected characters and not persistance barrels and tents, but I understand the frustration especially those with limited time this weekend. 

13 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

I'd rather love to get 60 FPS than 20 FPS with full packed forests where you can't see finger infront of your nose.

There is always a middle course, no need for zebra thinking.

44 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

It could also be the meaning of Devs. No more real hiding places in the forest. They want to introduce other mechanics. In short: Bases are to be found. Forest protects only in the marginal zones.

In my opinion lone wolf players need stashes that are not supposed to be found. It's hard to defend an easy visible base alone.

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

Is it just me or does someone else hear a random footstep once in a while. Like every 5 min or so I hear a footstep on my right side/ear of the same type of underground I am currently running. I don't know if it's just my imagination, the thrill or really a bug. Maybe someone had a similar experience?

3 minutes ago, Havrin said:

Maybe someone had a similar experience?

There are definitely many new ambient wilderness sounds, some of which I believe I have mistaken for footsteps.

It may be a random sound representing a stick falling from a tree or similar shifting of vegetation is what I initially thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

New hold on breadhing feature ?  Maybe only after running ? Sry i not play at moment.

It could also be the meaning of Devs. No more real hiding places in the forest. They want to introduce other mechanics. In short: Bases are to be found. Forest protects only in the marginal zones.

Maybe I`m not sure it`s not just a scope, but also when you aim with a weapon at least CR75 as well. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Obviously, you need to be able to achieve a minimum playable frame rate, but I think it is a mistake for the devs to target today's least common denominator hardware. Games like Crysis and Metro Last Light, for example, were notorious resource hogs when they were released, but they were still playable and looked great once some of the video settings were throttled back. All these years later and with today's hardware, these games still look fantastic and they and they still give me a lot of enjoyment.

For a game like DayZ, thick forests are essential, or camps and equipment stashes simply are not viable. While we don't yet know if Enfusion is capable of this level of performance until we get to the far side of the beta process (AKA optimization), here is an example of what the devs should be shooting for. In order to discover a camp in a KC:D forest, you would have to be incredibly lucky, or attempt to track someone when they go to their camp. I don't even think that aircraft would be much of a help. While the devs have certainly narrowed the gap, their latest tech, while good, still doesn't seem to be in the same league as that of their peers. Fortunately, the engine is now modular, so updating the rendering subsystem from time to time could be a thing, allowing modders to "fill in the gaps" in the map.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 7

On 25.5.2017 at 3:51 AM, donkennedy01 said:

Yep the west is totally different, new roads all ovedr the place, I have absolutly no idea where I am lol

k4qfSgd.jpg

That looks like it could be fun........................

KE64chz.jpg

GBpxKsE.jpgRandom ramps in the middle of nowhere.

:)

Ok, So please tell me: where is "in the middle of nowhere". I am roaming the west with my new Lada and cannot find these ramps.

Has the exp.-server allways been private. I thaught i got wiped, but only had a new character on the othe De 0-....-server.

Edit: Found it 5 min after fixing my car on a pile of rocks. This is seriously a sign for Motocross bikes are comeing in the game?

Edited by goateswyn
Posted to early
  • Like 1

20170527163042_1.jpg

- Chernogorsk barrels. 

Persistance is working indeed. Yeah it might be some loot issues I read on the steam forum earlier. I also found some loot piles of weapons inside civil buildings at Balota, and far north of some places on the map. I don`t remember exact locations at the moment, but I will investigate it in near future! :) 

• Like 2

anyone has issues with game crashing within 5 minutes after entering the server? i played almost everyday since the release and i never had game crash besides when i was quitting the game. today i get a crash everytime i start playing.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but, why is there a roughly 13 second timer on how long you can be ADS before the game kicks you back out of your scope? This is.... How should I put this, mildly retarded. Please fix.

Sincerely,

Everyone who plays DayZ

I can't get vsync to work. Is anybody else having this problem?

My configuration:

Windows 10 64 bit 14393
DayZ experimental branch
Nvidia 1070 GTX
i7 6700k (Factory clock)
16 GB RAM

Using borderless windowed mode in game.

Edit: Additionally, I've tried in game vsync and nvidia control panel (all varieties of vsync). Nothing worked. Tried in game alone, then NVCP alone.

Edited by SoggySocks

1 hour ago, Havrin said:

Is it just me or does someone else hear a random footstep once in a while. Like every 5 min or so I hear a footstep on my right side/ear of the same type of underground I am currently running. I don't know if it's just my imagination, the thrill or really a bug. Maybe someone had a similar experience?

The one that gets me is the footstep you hear when you rotate your character.  It always sounds like someone else.

• Like 1

I hear the random "footstep". Not sure whether the developers intended it to be like that. It might just be added for atmosphere.

• Like 2

I can cofirm that - the random footstep might be an audio bug. In the first Dayz SA versions we heard random voices too - it might be a similar pattern bug just now we hear footsteps. 

2 hours ago, Sharplooter said:

In my opinion lone wolf players need stashes that are not supposed to be found. It's hard to defend an easy visible base alone.

Are you sure ...we need look out to the final not in this alpha moment.

For loone wolves are new mechanics ( hidden stashes).

7 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Red sky at night, survivors' delight.

qvChh8Y.jpg

If i see red clouds ingame this will start playing in my head 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

Are you sure ...we need look out to the final not in this alpha moment.

For loone wolves are new mechanics ( hidden stashes).

Not only that, there will also be camo nettings and stuff to hide your stashes better.

• Like 5

I agree, denser forests would be sweet, but I'm ok with how they look now. Great job.

Now, I am not much of a "forum-er", but i am a loyal DayZ SA fan. I'm hopping onto the forums to voice my opinion on the ambient sounds.

What brought me into DayZ was the immersion, the grit, the quiet loneliness which makes encounters that much more frightening. I love the raw campy-foresty experience of DayZ.

Anyways, while I love the direction the Devs went with the Ambient sounds, I'm hoping they will get some more treatment. (eventually, I'm not saying NOW. I'm a patient person and the team has so much on their plates.)

1.) I think they over-did the crickets and animal noises.  I feel like I would've enjoyed more wind and silence than hearing a whole bunch of animals I will never see.  When i hear owls and birds and critters, my brain expects to SEE them. In a real forest, I don't feel like I hear that many animal noises. Anyway, I just feel like it kind of pulls me out of the immersion, and I feel less lonely with so much sound and noise going on. I'd prefer a very rare/occasional noise and maybe a bit lighter on the crickets. I think when you can have times where you just hear your footsteps, some wind, and then suddenly hear an occasional/rare animal sound it builds the suspense. In this sense i think the old sounds were better because they were a bit more subtle.

2.)Some of the sounds transitions when going from forest to field are a little too sudden as well.

3.) It'd be cool if when you enter a building, the sound muffles/deafens a bit, especially when doors are closed. (not sure how doable this is) The fact that i hear the same level of noise in/out of buildings ruins the ambience quite a bit.

I really enjoy the game and love the vision the team has. I'm a sucker for perfect sound design (ooooh like Elite Dangerous...*drools*). It makes/breaks the immersion for me!

Thanks, friends.

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, IMT said:

Not only that, there will also be camo nettings and stuff to hide your stashes better.

Exactly. I think people are overthinking about the density of forests. I've been around and the forests are varied and feel much more immersive than they ever were. With the new mechanics like digging a hole and hiding a stash or with the new camo nettings we'll have no problems making "camps". 

Let's not forget that hiding big camps in the forests will be a thing of the past when we get base building. Groups will make their camps like this.

Personally I've always used 1 barrel, max, and maybe a few protective cases here and there, but I never wanted to make camps like groups, clans or others do...

Screenshot for prosperity.

33m2xhu.jpg

I tried to get a lightning strike shot yesterday without success. Small bug or missing file right now : thunder sound effects.
Of course this is totally normal as many other sound effects are missing too. Can't wait to see the new storms with updated lighting and thunder!!

1zvewic.jpg

24e8e85.jpg

viog12.jpg

n4caqw.jpg

C25514C728C770869D88A9D9C734B19EEB4D5192

ADA434F3624348C5037999ED6143969D11D140F4

Edited by odin_lowe
typo
  • Like 7

For anyone complaining about the forests density, you have to realize that they had to consider the performance impact a denser forest would have on pc's and adjust until they got good performance. Maybe once they've figured out how to increase the density of forests without having a huge impact on performance they'll increase the density. Sure they could've release forests like it was shown in the screenshots, but let's be honest here, if it had a huge hit on performance causing FPS to get too low people would bitch and moan about it so let's be happy with the compromise and hope they figure out how to decrease the performance impact of dense forests like shown in their previous screenshots and add it to the game. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TickleGhost said:

I agree, denser forests would be sweet, but I'm ok with how they look now. Great job.

Now, I am not much of a "forum-er", but i am a loyal DayZ SA fan. I'm hopping onto the forums to voice my opinion on the ambient sounds.

What brought me into DayZ was the immersion, the grit, the quiet loneliness which makes encounters that much more frightening. I love the raw campy-foresty experience of DayZ.

Anyways, while I love the direction the Devs went with the Ambient sounds, I'm hoping they will get some more treatment. (eventually, I'm not saying NOW. I'm a patient person and the team has so much on their plates.)

1.) I think they over-did the crickets and animal noises.  I feel like I would've enjoyed more wind and silence than hearing a whole bunch of animals I will never see.  When i hear owls and birds and critters, my brain expects to SEE them. In a real forest, I don't feel like I hear that many animal noises. Anyway, I just feel like it kind of pulls me out of the immersion, and I feel less lonely with so much sound and noise going on. I'd prefer a very rare/occasional noise and maybe a bit lighter on the crickets. I think when you can have times where you just hear your footsteps, some wind, and then suddenly hear an occasional/rare animal sound it builds the suspense. In this sense i think the old sounds were better because they were a bit more subtle.

2.)Some of the sounds transitions when going from forest to field are a little too sudden as well.

3.) It'd be cool if when you enter a building, the sound muffles/deafens a bit, especially when doors are closed. (not sure how doable this is) The fact that i hear the same level of noise in/out of buildings ruins the ambience quite a bit.

I really enjoy the game and love the vision the team has. I'm a sucker for perfect sound design (ooooh like Elite Dangerous...*drools*). It makes/breaks the immersion for me!

Thanks, friends.

Appreciate the feedback, I'm sure they will tweak the sounds accordingly in the upcoming patches.

1 minute ago, odin_lowe said:

Exactly. I think people are overthinking about the density of forests. I've been around and the forests are varied and feel much more immersive than they ever were. With the new mechanics like digging a while and hiding a stash or with the new camo nettings we'll have no problems making "camps". 

Let's not forget that hiding big camps in the forests will be a thing of the past when we get base building. Groups will make their camps like this.

Personally I've always used 1 barrel, max, and maybe a few protective cases here and there, but I never wanted to make camps like groups, clans or others do...

I think we shouldn't jump to any conclusions yet. Even though it's harder to hide barrels now and perhaps tents, when base building hits the game I'm pretty sure it will be balanced. I like building big camps but I know that on a full pop server it will always be found, unless you have hidden a barrel well.

Of course I'm going to make camps in the final game but I'm gonna make some well hidden stashes as well with the most important items so I still have one or two stashes when my main base gets raided.

Personally I kind of like the way base building is currently implemented in the mod (saw a few video's of the base building). You have tents, building walls, etc. but also the ability to make buried stashes and if hidden pretty well, it's going be hard to find them. I'm sure the final version of the Standalone will have something along these lines and the developers already hinted at this. They want people to make camps but they wouldn't want these bases to be impenetrable or unrealistic like a tower which goes 1 km in the air. I would see the base as the main base with a few hidden stashes either close to there or in another place.

• Like 4