Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

20170527024241_1.jpg

- It was a heli crash site just south of it and I`m going to explore it! But I`m cold rain all day and no raincoat or Gorka! I`m really enjoy this game now almost all experimental branch servers have been full this friday - I`m going to find a tent and barrel and build a base in Cherno!! Let`s go!, 2 am at night, but who the fuck cares about sleep - I`ve cold beers, brb! ;)

Anyway about a bug anyone noticed something odd with the hunting scope when I zoom in sometimes automatically stop using it until I manually start zooming again with right click?  

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

This is just the first iteration of the patch, it will be tuned in coming patches so as frustrating as the sounds are to you, don't let them get to you! I will admit that one of the sounds (wind?) sounds as if they stood under a air conditioner vent and recorded the air coming through it. It plays every time you get near buildings but then again it could sound like something else to someone else so maybe it's just me.

I am really happy that someone can comprehend what I mean, now I know it's not me alone. I found it a bit disturbing that so many people were just rejoice about the new sound, because I felt different. When I closed the game after palying a half hour I just thought, wow, what a blessing and i was just enjoying the quiet. So thank you, I will look forward with more confidence!    

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sharplooter said:

I am really happy that someone can comprehend what I mean, now I know it's not me alone. I found it a bit disturbing that so many people were just rejoice about the new sound, because I felt different. When I closed the game after palying a half hour I just thought, wow, what a blessing and i was just enjoying the quiet. So thank you, I will look forward with more confidence!    

Honestly, I do enjoy the sounds for the most part although some are too loud but I know that those will be tuned to where they should be and make the immersion even better. For what I've mentioned about the air conditioner sound, it may also be that my headphones aren't completely drowning out my ac and that could be part of what I hear while the wind is blowing only time will tell. Overall though, I am thoroughly impressed by what they've accomplished and running through some of the towns that was once very familiar to me have now become what feels like a completely new game. I can't wait to see in game what they have for the rest of 0.62 and onward though! 

• Like 1

Tried to piece together a decent bug out bag on a 3PP in Berezino and paid for talking when some jackass I didn't see knocked me out. I told him I heard him coming and I was starving. He said something unintelligible and before I saw anything something struck me and I was KO'd.

He didn't get much of value, so that's ok I guess.

Still seems so stupid, every time it happens. Oh well....

That's what the respawn button is for.

• Like 5

I played 0.62 a couple of minutes again, and even at day time there is something like a referee who is blowing a whistle frequently over and over again. I really wonder how a creator had ideas like that... at the moment i can't judge much about the new visual and other efforts, becasue the sound is destroying the whole experience for me. I hope you will be right LordBlackwolf and we gonna see a reworked or tuned ambient sound soon. In my opinion they should delete the "referee and his horrible whistle" without substitution, at least for day time.  

yuVZZSw.jpg

All in a DayZ work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First long session on the new build (4 hours). Played with emu, pook, and madhatter.

I spawned near Berezino again and emuthreat spawned nearby.

rPoj0a3.jpg

We started our way West, trying to warm up when needed and meet with pook.

Once we found him the search for raincoats, gear, and storage commenced.

DQfoom5.jpg

On our journeys we encountered a neutral rando named Damian.

A goodwill teddy bear offering was made and we parted ways as he was headed back towards Berezino to meet a friend.

JSdbrFn.jpg

Still the journey North x NW, there was loot to be found but it wasn't proving easy to piece together our favorite things.

PqsGQFv.jpg

Green clouds in morning, survivors take warning?

ySY88Ea.jpg

Dat map glitch exploit to stay dry though.

We fought some wolves, cooked some wolves, ate some wolves.

All while keeping the locals in check.

0IIZTfm.jpg

cJK7mhe.jpg

Frustrated trying to find the right place for using the barrel to cook, we resorted to the house, in time to warm my character, who was last to get a raincoat.

lMhTtHD.jpg

Just following our 2nd wolf encounter pook signed out and that's when I realized it was almost 2am.

I had no crashes playing in x64 but the hitching I described did persist regardless of settings changes. Tomorrow I will try 32 bit and see if there is a difference.

I know this is the first iteration for the new ambient sounds but I would agree with those people that stated that the ambient sounds could be dialed back a bit and fine tuned to fit different areas better.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Hide contents

ySY88Ea.jpg

Dat map glitch exploit to stay dry though.

That looks like the famous hay bale of Damocles, but what are the Greeks doing in Chernarus?

Say, you didn't notice any large wooden badgers lying about, did you?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:
  Hide contents

PqsGQFv.jpg

Green clouds in morning, survivors take warning?

Red sky at night, survivors' delight.

qvChh8Y.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, -Gews- said:

qvChh8Y.jpg

Have you, or all other with this mysthics clouds on the Vid-settings: "clouds" on hight ? 

Edited by Sqeezorz
Plus info

Does anyone know if they're done with wipes yet? If not then trying to get a base going would be futile until they do.

22 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Does anyone know if they're done with wipes yet? If not then trying to get a base going would be futile until they do.

Probably not.  I wouldn't recommend playing Experimental as if it was a stable build.  If you're trying to build a camp it should be for testing purposes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

Probably not.  I wouldn't recommend playing Experimental as if it was a stable build.  If you're trying to build a camp it should be for testing purposes.

Isn't persistance off on exp? So i think a camp will be useless

• Like 1

I like the look of the new forests, But they are nothing like the images they showed before .62 exp came out.  The ground cover in the picture was more dense and I felt you could hid a camp in that forest.  What I have seen so far in the game is more the opposite. I don't feel like I could hide a sausage in the new forests let alone a camp.  I do hope the situation improves as making and hiding a camp is part of my play style.  If it stays this way when it goes to stable there is not much point in me playing as far as I can see (which is a good way in the forests). I would like to know what the rest of you campers think? PS you cant even hide barrels in trees any more :-(.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

qvChh8Y.jpg

It is not a bug, it is a feature. It means that the gates to hell have opened in Green Mountain.

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Unless you want to get your camp wiped every 1 to 3 days, I would strongly advice you from building a camp. We kind of did it in 0.61 Experimental to see how big of a camp we could make before a wipe and try to improve it after each wipe. I believe we had a camp with 30 military tents and a lot of loot just in 2 or 3 days when they wiped again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

I never play experimental as if it was stable so I never really bother to try to build any type of camp on it. I was just stating that because someone else mentioned building a camp so I thought I would mention that it would be futile since there seems to be daily wipes lately.

11 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

20170527024241_1.jpg

- It was a heli crash site just south of it and I`m going to explore it! But I`m cold rain all day and no raincoat or Gorka! I`m really enjoy this game now almost all experimental branch servers have been full this friday - I`m going to find a tent and barrel and build a base in Cherno!! Let`s go!, 2 am at night, but who the fuck cares about sleep - I`ve cold beers, brb! ;)

Anyway about a bug anyone noticed something odd with the hunting scope when I zoom in sometimes automatically stop using it until I manually start zooming again with right click?  

I've noticed that the hunting scope "right clicks" it self after some seconds. Which is a terrible bug, i hope its not a feature. 

• Like 1

Got some throwback feelings today while playing on .62 exp :D After a restart of the game everything was fine again

6BYmu35.jpg

Also that poor traindriver, who has to manage this switch :D

OLbPffe.jpg

Edited by Havrin
  • Like 4

I don't know where else to post this, feel free to move this reply somewhere else, I was wondering if there was any way for me to remove the lines created in the gradient of the night sky. Whenever I take screenshots I have these little lines where the color change occurs in the sky and I find myself mostly trying to blur them out in Photoshop for a smoother gradient but I can't get them 100%.

I don't know if you guys can see them properly, I have put little arrows to point them out, not sure if they will show up on everyone's monitors, but they drag across the entire image in a slight lower arc pattern.

If there is another place where I can post this, please feel free to point me in that direction, as this isn't a bug per se.

CWsvXme.jpg

• Like 1

And I found a critical bug - don`t log out in high blocks buildings and u will get stuck for sure. I had to suicide and run back to my backpack - I reproduced the same bug with a different character and same stuck result. I was in the second floor.

Edited by Nebulae3

12 minutes ago, Baroness said:

I don't know where else to post this, feel free to move this reply somewhere else, I was wondering if there was any way for me to remove the lines created in the gradient of the night sky. Whenever I take screenshots I have these little lines where the color change occurs in the sky and I find myself mostly trying to blur them out in Photoshop for a smoother gradient but I can't get them 100%.

I don't know if you guys can see them properly, I have put little arrows to point them out, not sure if they will show up on everyone's monitors, but they drag across the entire image in a slight lower arc pattern.

If there is another place where I can post this, please feel free to point me in that direction, as this isn't a bug per se.

CWsvXme.jpg

Looks fine to me BUT don't go by what i say as i'm legally blind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Looks fine to me BUT don't go by what i say as i'm legally blind.

I can see what she's talking about and as far as I know there isn't a way to remove the lines.

24 minutes ago, Baroness said:

This has always been one of my biggest pet peeves. It's like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

There is nothing that you can do, when the source material suffers from this. You can, however, research posterization to better understand what is going on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrhein said:

I've noticed that the hunting scope "right clicks" it self after some seconds. Which is a terrible bug, i hope its not a feature. 

New hold on breadhing feature ?  Maybe only after running ? Sry i not play at moment.

2 hours ago, Fing said:

I like the look of the new forests, But they are nothing like the images they showed before .62 exp came out.  The ground cover in the picture was more dense and I felt you could hid a camp in that forest.  What I have seen so far in the game is more the opposite. I don't feel like I could hide a sausage in the new forests let alone a camp.  I do hope the situation improves as making and hiding a camp is part of my play style.  If it stays this way when it goes to stable there is not much point in me playing as far as I can see (which is a good way in the forests). I would like to know what the rest of you campers think? PS you cant even hide barrels in trees any more :-(.

It could also be the meaning of Devs. No more real hiding places in the forest. They want to introduce other mechanics. In short: Bases are to be found. Forest protects only in the marginal zones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

You can, however, research posterization to better understand what is going on.

Yeah I work with posterization in Photoshop under certain circumstances so I kinda get what's going on. I thought perhaps I could've fiddled in the video settings to remove it.

This isn't an exp problem btw, happens all the time either stable or exp.

Is it only me or everyone gets their characters wiped? There were no updates or anything, my experimental character resets every, let's say, 12 hours. I can't play with one character for one full day. No one killed me on logging.

I get it that it's Experimental version, but how can I manage to test out new stuff if I can't even get to the West part of the map without getting wiped? :D