Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

23 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

...and also found one of these, which makes me want to find a banana and complete the whole fruit collection:

JzizwqPl.jpg

You found an orange?!?!? I'm so jealous.  I want an orange, dammit!  Apples, bananas, peaches and now oranges - looks like fruit salad is back on the menu, boys!

Edited by ClaireOpen
and kiwi! Never forget the kiwi...vital ingredient in fruit salad. Thanks for reminding me of the kiwi @BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ClaireOpen said:

You found an orange?!?!? I'm so jealous.  I want an orange, dammit!  Apples, bananas, peaches and now oranges - looks like fruit salad is back on the menu, boys!

pssst, take a look into the teddy next time you find one. Got juicy bananas and oranges from our little fluffy friend :)

• Like 3

I love the patch. :)

However, some environment sound don't fit the environment. I was in Berezino yesterday and I heard an Owl tooting every 40 seconds or so, which got really annoying especially considering that there was nothing but concrete around me.

I hope this still gets fixed, but everything else looks amazing! The fucking leafs flying through the wind is really cool!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

I made it to 2 important new landmarks last evening:

It just wouldn't be the same without oranges, bananas and kiwi!

Say, where is that castle located? I'm still lost, but I think I may be just a wee bit South of there. Hell, never mind; I probably got wiped, anyway.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Say, where is that castle located? I'm still lost, but I think I may be just a wee bit South of there. Hell, never mind; I probably got wiped, anyway.

It's on the western part of the map. 

1 minute ago, LordBlackwolf said:

It's on the western part of the map. 

Thanks; that may explain why I don't recognize a single friggin' thing!

Just now, BleedoutBill said:

Thanks; that may explain why I don't recognize a single friggin' thing!

I know how you feel! I've gotten lost so many times I've lost count but I'm loving every minute of it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedoutBill said:

All this fresh fruit laying around is giving me flashbacks to the 0.3x days!

That castle can be found southwest of Lopatino. You'll know you've found the right area when you see a huge valley ringed with railroad tracks and a tall, skinny mountain in the middle :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tatanko said:

...and also found one of these, which makes me want to find a banana and complete the whole fruit collection:

JzizwqPl.jpg

"That's the sun in my hands, man! Oh, it gives off an orange cloud of light that just flows right out over the sea! Wow!"

• Like 3

17 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

Tatanko is right, we need to get the band back together so that we are in a position to project an arrogant show of force, when necessary.

I missed this snippet when I was perusing the forums last night. Yes -- let's get the band back together!

I've already individually messaged quite a few of you. Sorry I've been mostly solo the last few nights, but I'll be on the usual TS server this weekend I hope :)

• Like 4

Perhaps Exp.Testing Server would also be something nice. Just as there is an Exp.Server for the well-known streamer. One for the "real" testers ... the moderators and devs already know who has done much and good help in troubleshooting in the past. (No, no, I do not belong to it, I would not be a slot, I mean it just well with those who really get their ass cracked ... just to help, something for the loyalty in the past).

1 minute ago, Sqeezorz said:

Perhaps Exp.Testing Server would also be something nice. Just as there is an Exp.Server for the well-known streamer. One for the "real" testers ... the moderators and devs already know who has done much and good help in troubleshooting in the past. (No, no, I do not belong to it, I would not be a slot, I mean it just well with those who really get their ass cracked ... just to help, something for the loyalty in the past).

yup, and TADAA 7 VIP´s online on this server...

9 hours ago, goateswyn said:

Has noone heard R2D2 speaking when birdtweets overlap sometimes?

I have heard a bit of wind noise that sounded man-made.  Possibly a turboprop aircraft doppler-ing off into the distance, and another that sounds like a truck in the distance.  Definitelly some frequencies that are too stable to be the wind.  I guess the recording equipment wasn't far enough from civilization.

Nice shot here of Bear holding a lamp:
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 8

re: I have heard a bit of wind noise that sounded man-made.

Now when I am out in the woods and hear the wind I can't help but think that the dreaded Namalsk bloodsucker (actually from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) will appear out of nowhere.

Not my video (listen to the wind, very similar) but instant goosebumps when I heard the wind in 0.62:

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/112900-video-namalsk-bloodsucker-fright/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tatanko said:

I made it to 2 important new landmarks last evening:

BgoouaSl.jpg
Apr2CDDl.jpg

JzizwqPl.jpg

I found a banana on the first day of 0.62 exp. ;) 
281FEA2194138538C5D64326EC2753F310E9283F

• Like 10

1 hour ago, odin_lowe said:

I found a banana on the first day of 0.62 exp. ;) 

I used to run around with a banana equipped in my hands as an outward gesture of non-hostility.  Nice to see them back.

• Like 5

On 5/24/2017 at 10:32 PM, Racket (DayZ) said:

Has anyone else been able to get TrackIR working on experimental? Not working for me at all, but searching around to see if it's a local issue or a general bug before I report it.

I am having the same issue. Added a report last night after logging off: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125048

• Like 1

Logged in briefly and got to see the new look in the daytime.

I am experiencing small hitches in the game every 6-8 steps my character takes. This occurs in 1st and 3rd person.

Not sure if it's due to server lag from the full/stressed out server or something from my settings is not right.

Everything looks far better and the new sounds are a great step in the right direction.

Some fog on the railroad tracks didn't look quite right to me though.

M0w5Qrk.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, marcelo22418884 said:

Can you imagine this patch with this?

dayz-abandoned-chernarus-ivy-overgrowth-

Huh. I just thought. In 0.62 trees have small variations in colours, making forest look a lot prettier and more varied.

I wonder if this structure is grey because they intend to do the same thing with buildings. Having said that, there's absolutely no colour at all to it, so maybe it's just to make the vines pop a little more for the sake of the showcase, but it'd be cool if all the houses varied in colour.

22 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

Huh. I just thought. In 0.62 trees have small variations in colours, making forest look a lot prettier and more varied.

I wonder if this structure is grey because they intend to do the same thing with buildings. Having said that, there's absolutely no colour at all to it, so maybe it's just to make the vines pop a little more for the sake of the showcase, but it'd be cool if all the houses varied in colour.

Its more than likely because the building is just the pallet and the vines are the actual work area. Or the building color is variable and they didnt make it one or the other to highlight the vines in the image.

• Like 2

two things today:

- spawned in that fishing village in the far northeast.  there was (I shit you not) half a dozen guns in every single house.  mostly sporters and trumpets, sometimes spawned in a pile.

- when I have a gun in my hand (not raised) and hit the optics key to look through the scope (but not fire), when I deselect it the gun stays raised.  in .61 the gun went back to lowered if it started lowered and you didn't fire.

• Like 4

This is not a bug report but more an opinion and I am sorry for saying this (to the devs): Partly I can barely bear the ambient sounds. There are one or two Incredible annoying sounds which should simulate cricket sound I guess, but it's more like a defective Case or CPU Fan that drives you crazy. Ok I am actually a silent pc enthusiast and I am probably a bit sensitive... but c'mon guys you wont tell me that this loud and dominating zip/whirr/buzz or what ever sound is realistic or well balanced. Please tell me you will finde a middle course and make it more gentle. I was already in a few east europe countrys and I never heard that level of sickness in real world, even in hot summer nights.

I am not a hater, but the excessive/overstated chirp sound is literally holding me back from playing 0.62 to help you guys finding bugs and providing you with helpfull feedback. I hope you understand my point of view. And please don't let this ambient sound go stable without fine tuning, Otherwise I really have stop playing Dayz completely. 

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sharplooter said:

This is not a bug report but more an opinion and I am sorry for saying this (to the devs): Partly I can barely bear the ambient sounds. There are one or two Incredible annoying sounds which should simulate cricket sound I guess, but it's more like a defective Case or CPU Fan that drives you crazy. Ok I am actually a silent pc enthusiast and I am probably a bit sensitive... but c'mon guys you wont tell me that this loud and dominating zip/whirr/buzz or what ever sound is realistic or well balanced. Please tell me you will finde a middle course and make it more gentle. I was already in a few east europe countrys and I never heard that level of sickness in real world, even in hot summer nights.

I am not a hater, but the excessive/overstated chirp sound is literally holding me back from playing 0.62 to help you guys finding bugs and providing you with helpfull feedback. I hope you understand my point of view.

This is just the first iteration of the patch, it will be tuned in coming patches so as frustrating as the sounds are to you, don't let them get to you! I will admit that one of the sounds (wind?) sounds as if they stood under a air conditioner vent and recorded the air coming through it. It plays every time you get near buildings but then again it could sound like something else to someone else so maybe it's just me.