Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

8 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

Awsome sound! I gotto try this out!

I had the best carcrash ever today in DayZ. The car was rolling on the floor and kept standing on his wheels without flying and jumping. Anyone noticed that too? Looks awsome! Glad i was in 3rd person view.

I only had 1 server where cars were rubberbanding until reverse driving with 30Km/h on the tacho. Otherwise petty good.
Sounds are too loud in my opinion: I stood in a tent, sorting my stuff. Meanwhile a guy sneaked in front of me, and put his doublebarrel into my nose. When i closed inventory and saw him, he shot. Most awkward but funny dead!

The only time i roamed the west, i got so terribly lost, i could not find that dawmn Zelenogorsk before i got teleported to the coast. But i found the Castle. I think i gona live there for a while!

Met a few nice ppl in the new Chernarus too. Drove with them a while, walked to them unknown places, killed each other accidently. Pretty nice!

Oh yes, I got lost the first time too in the west. It's really scary to be honest because since last patch I knew most of the map out of my head. I accidentally ran into the castle when I wanted to go to Myshkino tents. I also had an hard way to find my way back to Zelenogorsk. The changes to Zelenogorsk are also awesome by the way.

Edit: about the sound, I believe some sounds are too loud. Like the crickets at nighttime, someone said it already earlier that it made their ears ring. It's not as bad but when night ends or the sounds go softer my ears are definitely a bit muffled as if I went out the night before. It's too loud for being high pitched.

Edited by IMT

My FPS are at 30-40 where they used to be at 70-80 in .61.! I changed grafics setting and nothing changed significant. I have a crappy PC with a good GFX.

My scales on my Ram, CPU are lower than in .61. Where is the bottleneck? Network?

All in all: I expected less than that! Also pretty impressive performence for all those new things!

1 minute ago, goateswyn said:

My FPS are at 30-40 where they used to be at 70-80 in .61.! I changed grafics setting and nothing changed significant. I have a crappy PC with a good GFX.

My scales on my Ram, CPU are lower than in .61. Where is the bottleneck? Network?

All in all: I expected less than that! Also pretty impressive performence for all those new things!

My FPS was a bit worse as well but that's because they reset the settings and I couldn't remember my original settings. Luckily I had a video laying around where I could see my old settings and when I changed it back to the original settings it was much better. I do believe I got a very small performance drop but nothing game breaking honestly. Unfortunately most games are not really optimized for AMD and so is DayZ, so I always had worse FPS than the average player. I hope they optimize the game in the future for AMD so I can get some better FPS as well. :)

I don't know if it's already present in the past,

3 Guys have fire on me and i have the arm fracture and an animation that i have never see before. With the animation, i can't use the fireaxe as usual.

Also, I had great difficulty in removing the handcuffs by placing myself in a position of hostage and not as usual on the ground. The animation of the broken arm is gone by taking the gun.

7AXX65I.jpg

zIyS8SO.jpg

M0TCrCT.jpg

Edited by granolabar

Just now, granolabar said:

I don't know if it's already present in the past,

3 Guys have fire on me and i have the arm fracture and an animation that i have never see before.

I had great difficulty in removing the handcuffs by placing myself in a position of hostage and not as usual on the ground. The animation of the broken arm is gone by taking the gun.

I think that's rather an animation bug than an actual broken arm. However, expect there to be proper injury animations in the future which will make the game harder. :)

• Like 1

What specs and settings do folks whos fps are the same or better have? GFX/RAM/CPU. Please be specific.

Just now, koffeekage said:

What specs and settings do folks whos fps are the same or better have? GFX/RAM/CPU. Please be specific.

GFX: R9 380 (4GB)
CPU: Either a AMD FX-8320 or AMD FX-8350, I believe the FX-8350, I can check it when I'm at my main rig again.
RAM: 8 GB DDR3

• Like 1

first look on well...

its somehow low graphigs.
then just look opposite way and back its normal...

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 90FL0041MW
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8146MB RAM
Page File: 15978MB used, 3842MB available
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

some fps hits noticed.always in cities fps sometimes goes below 30.

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 2

and this low graphig thingy...its in chickens,signs,chapels and many more.

I use an i7-4790k CPU

MSI 1070 gaming x 8gb graphics card

G.skill ram 16gb (8x2) @1600 and I let nvidia optimize my game automatically. I usually turn down clouds manually though. I will edit this post with my exact settings when I get home but I average anyhwhere from 50-130fps (unless im driving) with quick dips into the 40's at time. I also have gigabit internet, which doesnt really seem to affect gaming performance at all (server side lag)

@Baty Alquawen what is the plan with the sound, could you please comment on that?

Now after playing a little bit more new sounds are to be fair a disappointment. Like someone said, they are just basically stereo tracks playing over and over again. None of the new sounds dominating the soundscape are positional and in the end they feel just like ASMR stereo track (which might trick people thinking they are nice at first).

And when you have this stereo track of wind, crickets, owls, birds etc. you just don't end up feeling being there, as the sounds are not positionally placed into the game world. Especially when the same soundtrack keeps playing endlessly, even when walking inside houses.

So is the plan to make all of these sounds positional?

Edited by clipartcat
  • Like 4

Tropical bird sounds from Tanoa?  At least that is what they sound like.  First the Dayz setting is not tropical and second they are very annoying...please remove.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap44 said:

Tropical bird sounds from Tanoa?  At least that is what they sound like.  First the Dayz setting is not tropical and second they are very annoying...please remove.

I felt the same as I live in Northen Europe. But I figured out, maybe they have a little more exotic birds in Czech.. who knows. Even those dominating crickets sound a little too Mediterranean for me.

• Like 2

Win7 Home Premium x64

GTX 780TI

i7-6700K @ 4Ghz

16GB DDR4-3200

2560x1440 144 Hz G-Sync

SSD: 64GB, 128GB

NVMe: 500GB

Settings:

Quality, all Very High

Textures: Auto, Very High, Very High

Rendering: Low, All trees + Grass, SMAA low, Very low, Very low, Enabled, just a little Bloom and Rotation blur

I get 30-80 FPS in cities, 25-40 FPS Woods (Binoculars),  60-85 FPS Woods / Grass land and indoors up to 130 FPS.

41 minutes ago, clipartcat said:

@Baty Alquawen what is the plan with the sound, could you please comment on that?

Now after playing a little bit more new sounds are to be fair a disappointment. Like someone said, they are just basically stereo tracks playing over and over again. None of the new sounds dominating the soundscape are positional and in the end they feel just like ASMR stereo track (which might trick people thinking they are nice at first).

And when you have this stereo track of wind, crickets, owls, birds etc. you just don't end up feeling being there, as the sounds are not positionally placed into the game world. Especially when the same soundtrack keeps playing endlessly, even when walking inside houses.

So is the plan to make all of these sounds positional?

I agree with everything in this post, the visuals are outstanding but the environmental sounds are very annoying. The bird noises play way too often and very loudly too. The crickets sounds when it's transitioning to night are so loud it's incredible, these things really need to be tweaked.

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

e9zsic2.jpg

Asus Z170 Pro

I5 6600K OC (4700mhz)

16 GB Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz

Dayz Installed on standard HDD

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW

Win 10 Pro

2560 x 1440 @ 144hz

My FPS is more or less the same if not better

90+ running through woods

73+ running through small town before Elektro (canne mind the name of it)

100+ running down road to Elektro

whilst running round elektro killing infected with stone knife, which is deadly, was 55 - 144

Edited by donkennedy01

2 hours ago, wype said:

no matter how much you complain, nothing will change the fact that people use it as 'an early stable release' - just adapt to it.
i can totally understand ppl who waited over 6 month for new content to play right now.
and it's not like it is impossible to test stuff just because you get killed every now and then. just respawn and try again!

also - if i wanna test the new ghillie for example - i rather take some burlap sacks from corpses than searching em myself ;)  Being lazy and cannibalistic will not make you any friends, it may in fact, make you some dedicated enemies

every single person who demanded a friendly playstyle by everyone has been insulting so far :D
'assholes' , 'GIT GUT if you feel threatened', 'you think like all the children' ....    I'll do ya one better, my new friend.  Don't be afraid, Brilliant Little Son, you'll get your social benefits...

like i said - no matter how much you complain - it won't change anything, just let everyone play the way they want and adapt to it.  And adapt, I have.
sulking about it helps noone ;)

I suppose I should ask you how many experimental cycles you have played, so we can know if you actually understand the good old days, of which I was only party to a few.

There used to be a higher degree of collegiate respect between players of the EXP builds; almost like they all understood that it was an unfinished and unstable build in need of testing and bug reporting before it can get pushed to stable.  
Ever since the longer intervals between patches, the Experimental community has changed from mostly friendly travelers trying to do their part for the game, to a circus of opportunists who flock to the higher populations of the EXP hype.

So understandably, there is some consternation and resentment.  Like if your favorite hole-in-the-wall dive bar becomes the new hotspot for obnoxious karaoke and beer pong, instead of the quiet, comfortable place you used to play pool with your friends.
Or if your favorite little corner of the lake for fishing becomes overrun by speedboats who think it's fun to try and push their wake over the edges of your little fishing boat; the same people often think nothing of leaving their piles of picnic garbage right at the water's edge.

Of course everybody has just as much a right to enjoy themselves an the next person, but if someone is trashing the campground and playing loud musing long into the night, there will be some folks who don't much appreciate it, and rightly so.

It used to be that stable branch was the free-for-all frequented by the unwashed masses.  Now there has been appreciable spillover to experimental.

So please try to be understanding if the locals occasionally complain about the obnoxious tourists throwing off the atmosphere.

• Like 10

I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing texture issues. Some trees are almost glowing green/yellow due to textures missing, and I just noticed the stones on which the train track lays are a shiny white. 

18 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I suppose I should ask you how many experimental cycles you have played, so we can know if you actually understand the good old days, of which I was only party to a few.

There used to be a higher degree of collegiate respect between players of the EXP builds; almost like they all understood that it was an unfinished and unstable build in need of testing and bug reporting before it can get pushed to stable.  
Ever since the longer intervals between patches, the Experimental community has changed from mostly friendly travelers trying to do their part for the game, to a circus of opportunists who flock to the higher populations of the EXP hype.

So understandably, there is some consternation and resentment.  Like if your favorite hole-in-the-wall dive bar becomes the new hotspot for obnoxious karaoke and beer pong, instead of the quiet, comfortable place you used to play pool with your friends.
Or if your favorite little corner of the lake for fishing becomes overrun by speedboats who think it's fun to try and push their wake over the edges of your little fishing boat; the same people often think nothing of leaving their piles of picnic garbage right at the water's edge.

Of course everybody has just as much a right to enjoy themselves an the next person, but if someone is trashing the campground and playing loud musing long into the night, there will be some folks who don't much appreciate it, and rightly so.

It used to be that stable branch was the free-for-all frequented by the unwashed masses.  Now there has been appreciable spillover to experimental.

So please try to be understanding if the locals occasionally complain about the obnoxious tourists throwing off the atmosphere.

You're wasting your breath emu.

These people too immature to comprehend that there is an actual purpose for Experimental builds. They don't care that the devs go to the trouble of releasing Exp builds specifically for testing, rather than for general purpose playing. They are annoyed by the frequent character wipes. And, they don't want to know why those of us who are actually trying to discover, reproduce and report bugs are legitimately annoyed when these youngsters come by to "test" their bullets.

That said, it has always been an every man for himself situation in a hot spot, even in an Exp build. So, by all means, if you must PLAY on Exp and you have some bullets that are burning a hole in your pocket, go to the airfield, the Balota camp, the Myshkino camp, or downtown Cherno, etc., but TRY for a moment to understand that the rest of us are not here for your amusement. We are actually trying to get something accomplished, not just for our benefit, but for your benefit and the benefit of everyone who wants to see this game evolve into that special thing that we all know it has the potential to be.

Tatanko is right, we need to get the band back together so that we are in a position to project an arrogant show of force, when necessary.

Now, someone was about to give me a compelling explanation of how taking up limited slots on an Exp server, just to KOS fresh spawns helps to further the forward progress of the development of the game. I'm listening.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

so i voiced my opinon, that everyone has the right to play this game in whatever way he likes to, and people - calling themself 'locals' - feel pissed because its not the way they like people to behave? ahahahaha :D

a) what makes you think that your idea - of a forced upon 'friendly' (or whatever) playstyle - is any more eligible than anyone elses ?

b) are you trying to make me the evil scapegoat for a playstyle, disapproved by you - without any evidence that i play this way - just because i openly tolerate every possible way of playing? (and before you cherrypick this line - i obviously exclude bugusing, cheating and similar actions from this)

c) do you think the number of forum posts stands in any relation to playtime or participated experimental versions? is this an attempt to compare your virtual dick size (call it playtime, experience, whatever) ? even if you participated in more experimental builds, what difference would it make?

d) 

Being lazy and cannibalistic will not make you any friends, it may in fact, make you some dedicated enemies

what again makes someone looting a corpse a cannibal? ;D sure you know what this word means?

-------------------

to sum it up:

everyone is free to play DayZ the way they want. there are private servers with different rule sets if you insist on a certain way of playing.
after more than 6 month without any content update, i can understand everyone who wants to try this experimental build for whatever reasons they might have. even if its just for pvp in a new environment.
further: i never said that i would kill every fresh spawn or other players on sight without any reason - i just don't see a problem if people do!

if you got a problem with this, i really don't give a flying shit because whatever you demand changes nothing anyway ;D

Keep on topic, cut the flame war or start a new thread called "youre playing it wrong". This shits getting annoying with the graduet paper length replies. 

• Like 6

While heading towards Sinistok from the west part of the map and traveling along the road I found one that headed north so I followed that for a little while to see where it led and while traveling on the road I came across the image below. Has anyone else encountered the same thing even if it's in other locations? Also, I would like to say that after 0.62, I am thoroughly enjoying what they've done and can't wait to see further improvements! Good job, Devs!

eO1msQZ.jpg

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SFKXY said:

I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing texture issues. Some trees are almost glowing green/yellow due to textures missing, and I just noticed the stones on which the train track lays are a shiny white. 

One of the dudes posted pictures with yellow clouds so youre not alone. Make a job with the devhub if you can.

Had a much longer run last night that crept through to the wee hours, woops! Upon login, either server wiped or the last crash put me back into arms reach of someone or something hungry. Back to the coast, again.

This time I did get a raining bug. Within 2 minutes of spawning the sky was clear with shadowed clouds and no sign or sound of rain however I was completely drenched through. I was just leaving kamy with no loot as it was empty and I was hungry, thirsty and the onset of hypo had started, when I heard a broom broom. I watched it blaze past with a trail of hungry runners in toe.

I followed the runners and the feint revving until I could see it off in the distance, the guy crashed into some handrails not far from Elektro, just out the front of a white barn! I skulked around and could see no movement from the past driver but only 2 runners who where now entangled inside the wreck. I took my chances and got in.

The car was snagged good but a few attempts at reversing, I got unstuck. Free wheels! The car was not badly damaged at all bar the front left tyre was completely destroyed and missing. Now starving and hypo coming on I though bugger it, one quick drive would do as I have nothing to lose and I wanted to test. Surprisingly it drove for the most part "straight". It veered to the left at higher speeds, nothing I couldn't handle though. Not once did I get any desync/glitchy feeling, it actually felt, dare I say...amazing :) It felt broken due to the tyre but very very enjoyable, and had no lost frames until I pulled up into Elektro, which is Elektro for you anyways.

I suppose the issue people are having is in 3p driving? This was fp only server so that could also have something to do with it and being late the pop was now low not even med. I left my car for someone else to have fun with as I was going to pass out any minute. I found some minor supplies in my dying moments and managed to make a fire. however it was too late for me so I dropped everything in a little kids bag and F11'd with my hands shaped like a gun pretending to pew pew myself over comms. 

New life led me at kamy again (3rd time lucky?) so I decided to head up to Staroye after picking the minimum apples needed. This time the rain had stopped and I was free to make a life somewhere inland this time. Because I was in a carefree mood and just wanted to look at everything, I decided to walk my way there and soak everything in. The noise, foliage, sunset to sunrise, it was all magical and I was genuinely just dumbfounded. Apologies, Screenshots/overlay broke with MSI afterburner logging so my journey was left ingrained in me with no screens to share, sorry :(

Besides the rain bug everything was pretty smooth for the most part and the little bugs I encountered are already logged besides one thing that got broke even more..I doubt many people use this function as it isn't pvp friendly but immersive as feck. Aiming deadzone. For starters, there is built in mouse smoothing when using aiming deadzone! No way to remove it, even having smoothing slider at 0%. Secondly, before when using aiming deadzone it had smoothing but you could look in all directions. Now you can only move your gun left to right/right to left with no way of looking up and down. Something I need to jot down on the bugtracker!

The most embarrassing thing just happened...I have bean hoarding my deez for over a year now in quiet mode. I think I may have bean raided, as my quota is shot. Apparently I am empty, well I was. Their back!!!!!

***People having issues with keybinds and track ir***

After reading a comment on here about trackir, I had a look at key binds in comparison to my Arma 3 binds. It looks like we can copy/paste or input the correct key across to make the binds, same as the mouse until the devs fix the issue. I managed to make my mouse buttons work without using software this time. I remember doing something similar when the -newui was on experimental, no mouse binds or track ir until reverting to the older ui, making the key binds then switching back to the -newui. From then on all keys worked as requested although I could not bind them in game.

I had no luck with my trackir though, which is probably due to the camera not being enabled, so i will add the activation of it manually today to see if it works. For those interested you will need to add these keys into the blanks

keyLookLeftDown[]={79};
keyLookDown[]={80};
keyLookRightDown[]={81};
keyLookLeft[]={75};
keyLookCenter[]={76};
keyLookRight[]={77};
keyLookLeftUp[]={71};
keyLookUp[]={72};
keyLookRightUp[]={73};
keyLookLeftCont[]={524289};
keyLookRightCont[]={524295};
keyLookDownCont[]={524288};
keyLookUpCont[]={524294};

};
class trackIRClass
{
    enabled=1;
    ownSettings=1;
};

I did not add this trackir enabled above so it didn't work as it was not "activated". I am confident this will work as the mouse binds worked fine and usually BIS stuff is interchangeable even on different engines :)

@Baty Alquawen

I have been logging all my gpu/cpu stats to pass up as I have noticed a lot of people still having issues regarding frame rate/time and specifically the new foliage. It has been a awhile since playing stable and I remember having higher max fps but overall my average and minimum fps/frame time is on par if not better now. I need to do a further run to log more stats then go back to stable to get some more results too before I pass it on, would you like me to upload this somewhere? If its useless data at least it's something and not just someone not happy with the fps drop, I really, really want the foliage to stay the same if not moooar dense!

It has stats for everything including load/temp/fps/frame time/hdd/ssd/cpu-gpu usage/voltage, you name it!

CPU -1st gen haswell 4670k oc'd

GTX 980ti oc'd with custom bos

16gb 1866 Ram

SSDx3

144hz Benq monitor @1080p

**User.cfg**

sceneComplexity=300000;
shadowZDistance=450;
viewDistance=6000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=5400;

I am curious if people having issues are on an older cpu chipset or possibly amd? Mine is not exactly new and nor top of the line and 4+ years old now although my gpu is still good. Oh btw, I play on everything maxed in 1080p including occlusion/pp/objects and I disable fxaa/smaa due to excessive blurring. 

Edited by nuggit
got dang this spoiler, fixed finally!
  • Like 5

Finally had a day to myself to really test out this amazing patch and oh my god, it just keeps getting better and better. I truly love the new changes done by the Devs to improve immersion - It's a huge success. While there are a few bugs, I'm not frustrated in the least! I'm so happy that there's more to see and do! Also, the night time is DARK! I love it :D

Got to run and play with the great Rene from BarelyInfected for many hours and didn't have one violence occurrence! 

13DA40FB0613D9D828FC62BE334AC6615F41A95C

88C7EA35C86BA6400351A65B64964C24F7D67716

A50F0290A0CB9B2B328628B41DD01B8875B1D951

• Like 6