Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

One thing I did notice in .62 is that stone are really hard to find now. If you do not spawn on a beach, finding stone to craft a knife can be a challenge. I had to run around bleeding until I finally found stones on a railroad track.  Other players on the other hand could not find stones on the tracks.

Was that an intentional change? 

Edited by ScipioII
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, wype said:

oh boy... you just compared killing freshspawns in a pc game to raping children.
and your reason is that i don't see a problem with killing fresh spawns? i can only laugh at this xD

and i wonder who thinks of himself as a '1337' player... just read your own post again... ahahahaha ;D

btw: dogs that bark don't bite xD

I never called myself a 1337 player because I'm not. However, I'm not afraid to admit that I'm an above average player. And I already said that it might be a bad example but in the end it's the same thing since we all agreed upon these unwritten rules and moral codes.

6 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

There are those that choose to RP as a bandit. In a real apocalypse scenario, not everyone is going to be friendly or trustworthy. There would be gangs of armed mad men roaming around looking to pillage, loot, rape and murder. It may not be the way I enjoy playing, but it is not any less valid a way of playing the game compared to those to are friendly to everyone. Like I said I do t personally play that way, but I have no issue with people that do.

As I said, neither do I mind some KoS bandits. But currently the majority are KoS bandits which definitely does not reflect a real life situation. But in the end it will only work against them and it will be their ass which ends up at the coast.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

koffeekage said:

Nuclear clouds?

No, it's how the infection spread!

Clouds seeded with DOOM

The last fart of Olivia Pierce... open the hell on Chernarus ... tic tac tic tac

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

IRL a bandit is a douche. In game a bandit is a douche. If your feelings gets hurt easily by insults, maybe the douche-life is not for you. Even real life bandits will rob you at gunpoint and let you go 99% of the time. 

Yup, bandits rob at gunpoint mostly leaving victims unhramed, murderers just murder.

I've always disliked the term bandit as it's applied to DayZ as it basically ignores the true definition of the word.

And shooting someone who never saw you....? Is about the least challenging/skillful thing you can do with this game.

People with balls talk first.

I don't care if I die, at least I had a chance to have something other than a gunfight and if they fire their weapon, I got to have a gun fight!

Win win!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

zUc7JFj.jpg

10 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

There are those that choose to RP as a bandit.

There are a few out there, but they won't last long on actual RP servers and it doesn't really count as RP if you only talk with bullets.

• Like 6

Just now, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Your reading comprehension is massively lacking and you seem to ascribe your own meaning to my statements so they'll for into your assumptions.

If 5 fucking years of stupid, ignorant, boring, flaming, CoD babies, doesn't make you salty, nothing will.

Also, you're way out of your depth in this conversation with me. I've likely been sharpening this blade since before you knew DayZ existed.

dude, we disagree on killing on sight and you just keep on acting butthurt about it xD
that is all there is to it. and it's starting to get boring. same goes for IMT.

both of you think you're 'better' at a game because you think your point of view is 'better' than ours, though there is no way you can possibly know.

and once more: dogs that bark don't bite ;)

4 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

zUc7JFj.jpg

There are a few out there, but they won't last long on actual RP servers and it doesn't really count as RP if you only talk with bullets.

Most hardcore RP servers don't even allow kill on sight because well, it's bad RP, not realistic in most cases and immersion breaking.

Im not trying to insult anyone or argue. I am trying to do the opposite to be honest lol. I cant say I've never killed on sight, but I agree it is the least rewarding way to play the game. I have also killed fresh spawns, but usually because they try to Mike Tyson me when I say hello. I have also been fully geared with M4, ghillie pieces, ammo etc., and intentionally committed suicide just so I can enjoy looking for stuff again. I have been shot in the back after having friendly conversations, and I have made long term friends from meeting them in game also. I dont want KoS or the douchey bandits to go away either though. I keep coming back for more because of the "hardcore" feel. If all I had to worry about was food water and zombies, I would have left a long time ago :)

so noone knows why the melee sounds got changed for the worse? is it temporary, a bug? just curious, i hope its not meant to seriously sound like that

1 minute ago, wype said:

acting butthurt about it

You decide I'm butt hurt, when?

I think you are mistaking passion and cogent discourse for something else.

Once again ascribing your own meaning to my statements to somehow make yourself feel like you're "winning"....a discussion. :/

You should go get your next ego boost on an oblivious new spawn. You'll feel better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURNS489 said:

Im not trying to insult anyone or argue. I am trying to do the opposite to be honest lol. I cant say I've never killed on sight, but I agree it is the least rewarding way to play the game. I have also killed fresh spawns, but usually because they try to Mike Tyson me when I say hello. I have also been fully geared with M4, ghillie pieces, ammo etc., and intentionally committed suicide just so I can enjoy looking for stuff again. I have been shot in the back after having friendly conversations, and I have made long term friends from meeting them in game also. I dont want KoS or the douchey bandits to go away either though. I keep coming back for more because of the "hardcore" feel. If all I had to worry about was food water and zombies, I would have left a long time ago :)

I get and share your point of view. But let's agree on one thing, if everyone just shoots on sight it takes away that hardcore feel because you know the next player you're going to run into is going to murder you.

So, experimental is for testing, and that's, what was not possible for me yesterday, because i went to bed bevore i could rech the West at my 5th atempt! Allways got killed on the open road out of nowhere. I havent even been on milcamps or policestation. Thats gamebreaking.

I'm not into RP but friendly, and some kids want to show me how to play this game.

There are some cool Ramps in the West and i want to test them with my Lada. I bet i got shot out of my car when i'm there longer than 20min. Seems i have to wait for Stable! SAD SAD SAD. But Thank u , U make my game what it is! ;-)

Just want to say, You are not on your PVP servers.

Edited by goateswyn

Wow I never meant to spark this much controversy. I don't consider myself great at this game or anything close. I have nearly 900 hours in and I can say that out of those 900 just in standalone most if not all have been on experimental and I have never once taken a shot at another player without trying to speak to them first. And truth is I have died alot in this game without being spoken to once. Or being responded to. Doesn't mean I take the first shot. I just duck behind some cover and keep on truckin. 

I'm not here to dictate how anyone plays their Dayz. I am merely stating the fact is we ALL realize the gun mechanic of this game is working without the need to get into yet another damn gunfight. Especially in the first few hours of a new long awaited for and highly anticipated visual update to our favorite title. I don't know about the rest of you but I checked twitter feeds daily and on these forums almost daily waiting on that next Dev Update or little bit of new info on how the development is progressing. I couldn't wait to get home and check things out again. 

Im not bitching or calling names or trying to advise anyone on how they play. Yes I do think KOS players are childish and yes I think its uncalled for. But it is whatever it is and they are for whatever reason deciding to act the way they do. Point is this game is being developed for all player types and whoever you choose to be is up to you. But I know where I stand on it and my opinion on it wont change.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You decide I'm butt hurt, when?

I think you are mistaking passion and cogent discourse for something else.

Once again ascribing your own meaning to my statements to somehow make yourself feel like you're "winning"....a discussion. :/

You should go get your next ego boost on an oblivious new spawn. You'll feel better.

your point: KoS = childish
my point: everyone should play the way they want

if you got your idea about how dayz is meant to be played, fine, do whatever you want. just accept others to do it their way aswell - even if it means killing on sight.

since there is no 'right' way to play this game, than the way that is most fun for yourself, i kinda won this argument a long time ago anyway ;)

Edited by wype

*Deleted because whats the point*

I think we are getting way off topic here anyway.

Edited by Masprotech
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wype said:

your point: KoS = childish
my point: everyone should play the way they want

if you got your idea about how dayz is meant to be played, fine, do whatever you want. just accept others to do it their way aswell - even if it means killing on sight.

since there is no 'right' way to play this game, than the way that is most fun for yourself, i kinda won this argument a long time ago anyway ;)

No you did not. The discussion started about killing fresh spawns. Now we're talking about KoS, which is a completely different topic. As I already said, I don't mind KoS but I do wish there was less of it and more interaction because nowadays everyone seems to KoS. This is fine by me but don't get salty if your playstyle gets your ass handed to you. I'll definitely adapt if everyone just KoS and I know that most encounters it will be me looting the corpse.

• Like 2

Just now, IMT said:

No you did not. The discussion started about killing fresh spawns. Now we're talking about KoS, which is a completely different topic. As I already said, I don't mind KoS but I do wish there was less of it and more interaction because nowadays everyone seems to KoS. This is fine by me but don't get salty if your playstyle gets your ass handed to you. I'll definitely adapt if everyone just KoS and I know that most encounters it will be me looting the corpse.

killing freshspawns or people on sight, whatever. the point is - i feel like everyone should play the way he wants, the way it is the most fun for them - and you wanna force a certain playstyle on people

Just now, wype said:

killing freshspawns or people on sight, whatever. the point is - i feel like everyone should play the way he wants, the way it is the most fun for them - and you wanna force a certain playstyle on people

So basically you are saying that you approve killing helpless people in real life too then? A lot of people are actually playing the game to have a realistic and hardcore survival game. But I'm kind of done with you because I know people like you who just shoot everyone on sight will be gone when the game is finished since the game won't allow you to play that way. Well you can try but you will die a lot. :)

• Like 1

New bow sounds. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

New bow sounds. 

Leave it to -Gews- to be the first one to play with the bow haha. Sounds neat, can't wait until the bow gets the love in 0.63. Hopefully they will add a quiver as well, if they already did that I would be probably using the bow more often. :)

Just now, koffeekage said:

Quit feeding the troll guys.

Yeah I don't want to derail the topic any further, even though DayZ got more railways. :P

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Just now, IMT said:

So basically you are saying that you approve killing helpless people in real life too then?

are computer games real life for you? like your example of killing fresh spawns is comparable to raping children earlier?

also - i never even said that i do kill everyone on sight myself, i said i got no problem with it. i generally don't condemn any playstyle - you're the ones having problems with different minded people.

Thx Gews to continue the 0.62 topic and not spawn discussion :)

I have find a beautiful truck and i have very big lag with it. After few minutes of traveling, I can only move in the 1st speed .. or the truck lag on the same place. Also, 10 FPS in the cities with the truck... and when i get out from it, no problem. 30 fps outside the cities with the truck. I don't understand why with my good configuration.

• Like 1

Just now, granolabar said:

Thx Gews to continue the 0.62 topic and not spawn discussion :)

I have find a beautiful truck and i have very big lag with it. After few minutes of traveling, I can only move in the 1st speed .. or the truck lag on the same place. Also, 10 FPS in the cities with the truck... and when i get out from it, no problem. 30 fps outside the cities with the truck. I don't understand why with my good configuration.

Everyone has performance issues with vehicles, specially in 3rd person. They touched on the subject in a status report I believe. I'm pretty sure they will get it fixed in 0.63 or otherwise in the future. They acknowledged that vehicles are a big thing in DayZ, specially because the map is so big. I do hope they have it fixed before they introduce stamina.

6 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

New bow sounds. 

Awsome sound! I gotto try this out!

I had the best carcrash ever today in DayZ. The car was rolling on the floor and kept standing on his wheels without flying and jumping. Anyone noticed that too? Looks awsome! Glad i was in 3rd person view.

I only had 1 server where cars were rubberbanding until reverse driving with 30Km/h on the tacho. Otherwise petty good.
Sounds are too loud in my opinion: I stood in a tent, sorting my stuff. Meanwhile a guy sneaked in front of me, and put his doublebarrel into my nose. When i closed inventory and saw him, he shot. Most awkward but funny dead!

The only time i roamed the west, i got so terribly lost, i could not find that dawmn Zelenogorsk before i got teleported to the coast. But i found the Castle. I think i gona live there for a while!

Met a few nice ppl in the new Chernarus too. Drove with them a while, walked to them unknown places, killed each other accidently. Pretty nice!

• Like 2