Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

I agree with @IMT with regards to killing fresh spawns, and in general in EXP.

Obviously Hot Zones are fair game, thats just standard.

We know the weapons work.

I logged in yesterday just after 62 was released, ran up to krastnostav and started taking pot shots from some dude, had no gear whatsoever. I figured if I had gear people were more likely to shoot me. How wrong was I. I was just wanting to look around and see whats what. Guy stopped shooting at me after I said I was friendly, but he coulda spoke before shooting.

It is EXP after all. For testing and bug reporting. How are you supposed to test when people use it as an early stable release.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wype said:

but let me tell you - tears just taste so delicious, that's why guys complaining and calling others 'assholes' will get killed over and over again

It is possible to have bad ideas about what constitutes fun and be "bad at having fun". I know that's a tough concept to embrace but it's true.

You've got lots and lots of company.

The way you think is popular with the overgrown children of the gaming world.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, donkennedy01 said:

It is EXP after all. For testing and bug reporting. How are you supposed to test when people use it as an early stable release.

no matter how much you complain, nothing will change the fact that people use it as 'an early stable release' - just adapt to it.
i can totally understand ppl who waited over 6 month for new content to play right now.
and it's not like it is impossible to test stuff just because you get killed every now and then. just respawn and try again!

also - if i wanna test the new ghillie for example - i rather take some burlap sacks from corpses than searching em myself ;)

6 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It is possible to have bad ideas about what constitutes fun and be "bad at having fun". I know that's a tough concept to embrace but it's true.

You've got lots and lots of company.

The way you think is popular with the overgrown children of the gaming world.

every single person who demanded a friendly playstyle by everyone has been insulting so far :D
'assholes' , 'GIT GUT if you feel threatened', 'you think like all the children' ....

like i said - no matter how much you complain - it won't change anything, just let everyone play the way they want and adapt to it.
sulking about it helps noone ;)

Edited by wype

This is my adventure from yesterday. Really enjoy the new ambient sounds and forests visuals. I don't seem to have any problems with the sound being too loud, for me it's just perfect. Also, I have rain sound effects, unlike many who claims rain don't make sounds anymore. I didn't encounter any crashes for my 3-4 hours play session.

Spawned at the small summer camp north of Berezhki, all the way north and made my way west towards the new castle. Encountered 2 packs of wolves, and survived. (Should have posted before, seems like people were looking for them...) And then  started making my way south to check the changes on the west side. Made it back down to Cherno. Great time overall.

Some shots of the said adventure. I found vehicles, didn't have problems with them. Was pretty fun. 

The only thing that really bothers me is that the new Rogovo is gone. (Bug for sure.) Rogovo has been changed back to it's former self somehow.

2mw8qyh.jpg

Can't, wait for new sound effects for fishing, streams and rivers (only the ocean has water flowing sound effects), camp fire sounds, etc.

But for now, it looks stunning.
ajnu69.jpg

P.S. : Sorry for the low blood shots, wolves got me down to 1400 blood.

2wcjgg0.jpg

zmktvk.jpg

34yeh36.jpg

4j2kra.jpg

2wmic0n.jpg

11qo8w4.jpg

egzw9x.jpg

330wple.jpg

2d0x4cp.jpg

14sgkcw.jpg

• Like 8

few bugs...
yellow clouds...i dont know how they comes but few times today.

and when i climped in lighthouse,in some position all trees vanished but when moving a little trees were back

• Like 4

also noticed that some textures wont load sometimes...but when looking other way from the object and then back,texture appears.

1 hour ago, wype said:

why are you quoting me here - i wasn't even the one who killed a fresh spawn. i just feel like it's not a good idea to tell people how to play this game - there is no 'right' way to do it.

but let me tell you - tears just taste so delicious, that's why guys complaining and calling others 'assholes' will get killed over and over again ;)

Because you are trying to justify killing fresh spawns. If you have a fully decked out assault rifle and you shoot people who look like they don't pose a threat, it only tells me one thing. It tells me that those people generally suck at the game and out their frustration by killing helpless people and believe they are 1337. Then at some point they are going to run into someone like me, going to get absolutely destroyed, shit on and end up on the coast with salt in their mouth. After that they just continue killing helpless people and feeling 1337. And there you have it, a vicious circle of someone who believe he's awesome but who is actually pathetic.

And I fully agree, everyone should play as they want, it's a sandbox after all. But just like real life, there are unwritten rules and codes. Or are you going to defend pedophiles as well? It's maybe an extreme example but it's the same thing with killing fresh spawns. I won't be awake at night from someone who shot me on sight, I don't give a fuck if I die. Not saying they're wrong but with most people I play with, it is the KoS people who end up pressing the respawn button, not us. :)

Also, I think it's not really realistic if you shoot on everything that has an heartbeat and is human. But to be honest, I'm derailing (pun intended) off-topic, so I'm going to leave it at this.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

We should refrain from shooting fresh spawns in Experimental anyway, we need to find bugs and make reports. I think killing has been tested enough until the new player controller comes out. Stable is there for you to have fun.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, IMT said:

Because you are trying to justify killing fresh spawns. If you have a fully decked out assault rifle and you shoot people who look like they don't pose a threat, it only tells me one thing. It tells me that those people generally suck at the game and out their frustration by killing helpless people and believe they are 1337. Then at some point they are going to run into someone like me, going to get absolutely destroyed, shit on and end up on the coast with salt in their mouth. After that they just continue killing helpless people and feeling 1337. And there you have it, a vicious circle of someone who believe he's awesome but who is actually pathetic.

And I fully agree, everyone should play as they want, it's a sandbox after all. But just like real life, there are unwritten rules and codes. Or are you going to defend pedophiles as well? It's maybe an extreme example but it's the same thing. I won't be awake at night from someone who shot me on sight, I don't give a fuck if I die. Not saying they're wrong but with most people I play with, it is the KoS people who end up pressing the respawn button, not us. :)

Also, I think it's not really realistic if you shoot on everything that has an heartbeat and is human. But to be honest, I'm derailing (pun intended) off-topic, so I'm going to leave it at this.

oh boy... you just compared killing freshspawns in a pc game to raping children.
and your reason is that i don't see a problem with killing fresh spawns? i can only laugh at this xD

and i wonder who thinks of himself as a '1337' player... just read your own post again... ahahahaha ;D

btw: dogs that bark don't bite xD

Edited by wype

mbpMR9E.jpg

Long time since i last visual bug like this.

KiwDumm.jpg

Ahh it's just so damn nice looking.

As someone mentioned above. I have also noticed that some textures load very slow. House walls, floor etc. Not always but sometimes.

• Like 2

If you have ever played DayZ before you should know and expect there to be people killing everything that moves, including fresh spawns. Especially so when there is a new patch. Like it or not, agree with it or not, that is a part of DayZ. It isnt your own personal world to enjoy alone. DayZ is about survival, and other people are going to make it difficult. I personally don't usually kill on sight, but I also realize what game I am playing and adapt. If I get killed, then it is simply an opportunity to see more of the new stuff. Plus, looting as a fresh spawn is the most fun I have in DayZ. A can of beans is exciting to find, and a childs backpack makes me smile when I have nothing. If you are complaining about being killed in DayZ, you may not be playing the right game. I suggest changing your outlook on death in game, and try to view it as a challenge and a reason to continue playing. Complaining on the forums won't change or accomplish anything :(. If the developers of the game had an issue with fully geared people killing fresh spawns, there would be some sort of mechanic preventing it. See ya around Chenarus!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wype said:

just let everyone play the way they want and adapt to it.

I never said you shouldn't be a murderous CoD piece if that's how you want to play.

Just don't expect a warm reception from the truly emersed RP crowd who want a diverse authentic survival experience and not the 8,000th gunfight which is a repetitive and least creative way to approach this sandbox.

Keep passing the grief potato and I'll keep telling you you're boring. ;)

• Like 7

Just now, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I never said you shouldn't be a murderous CoD piece if that's how you want to play.

Just don't expect a warm reception from the truly emersed RP crowd who want a diverse authentic survival experience and not the 8,000th gunfight which is a repetitive and least creative way to approach this sandbox.

Keep passing the grief potato and I'll keep telling you you're boring. ;)

Just read JBURNS post.

And i could not care less about whatyou and your rp crowd thinks about this...

Werent you guys here for the tent city in novo? It wasnt always such a shit show. Bunches of casual players came in around .58/.59 and fucked the works up. Exp is for testing.

7 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

I suggest changing your outlook on death in game, and try to view it as a challenge and a reason to continue playing.

Try not to assume too much here.

Most of what you describe has nothing to do with how I feel about the game and I know doesn't apply to my friends views on KoS.

I can accept KoS as part of the game and always have. I merely encourage people to use the whole sand box and not just be a griefing child 100% of the time.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Try not to assume too much here.

Most of what you describe has nothing to do with how I feel about the game and I know doesn't apply to my friends views on KoS.

I can accept KoS as part of the game and always have. I merely encourage people to use the whole sand box and not just be a griefing child 100% of the time.

and you think you can 'encourage' people by insulting em? xD

on the one hand you say you accept any playstyle and on the other one you insult everyone not thinking like you?

2 minutes ago, wype said:

Just read JBURNS post.

And i could not care less about whatyou and your rp crowd thinks about this...

It's comforting isn't it? When someone supports your thoughts it's easy to just grab that than  to actually articulate yourself.

We're not an RP crowd (experimental regulars) were an extremely diverse crowd from medics to murderers and you'd likely find yourself tied up with broken legs and drinking disinfectant if you ran into some of them.

You'll likely burn out on the forum or the game or this patch and we'll forget you ever existed.

When you have something relevant to design, bugs, or testing, you'll find the people here to be very receptive.

• Like 2

There are those that choose to RP as a bandit. In a real apocalypse scenario, not everyone is going to be friendly or trustworthy. There would be gangs of armed mad men roaming around looking to pillage, loot, rape and murder. It may not be the way I enjoy playing, but it is not any less valid a way of playing the game compared to those who are friendly to everyone. Like I said I dont personally play that way, but I have no issue with people that do.

EDIT: I also try to encourage people to enjoy all aspects of the game. KoS just happens to be a sensitive topic that some people have strong feelings about. It is okay to play KoS style, just as it's okay to start a farm

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wype said:

insult everyone not thinking like you?

I will not rollback my opinion that KoS = griefing and griefing = childish.

If this offends you then tough titty.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

Nuclear clouds?

No, it's how the infection spread!

Clouds seeded with DOOM.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Just don't expect a warm reception from the truly emersed RP crowd

2 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

We're not an RP crowd (experimental regulars) were an extremely diverse crowd from medics to murderers

You'll likely burn out on the forum or the game or this patch and we'll forget you ever existed.

lol, just as salty as cute <3

IRL a bandit is a douche. In game a bandit is a douche. If your feelings gets hurt easily by insults, maybe the douche-life is not for you. Even real life bandits will rob you at gunpoint and let you go 99% of the time. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, wype said:

lol, just as salty as cute <3

Your reading comprehension is massively lacking and you seem to ascribe your own meaning to my statements so they'll fit into your assumptions.

If 5 fucking years of stupid, ignorant, boring, flaming, CoD babies, doesn't make you salty, nothing will.

Also, you're way out of your depth in this conversation with me. I've likely been sharpening this blade since before you knew DayZ existed.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 3