Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

1 minute ago, IMT said:

Alright, that concludes my session tonight. For anyone who wants to get lost even though you have 1 million hours, go to the west. The entire west is different and you will get lost again there, even the veterans.

Had some good time with a lot of the Experimental regulars and eventually we got seperated because of firefights. I got DayZed again of course, which is the third time in a row. Shots not registering, which ultimately leads to my demise. I really hope this is fixed in 0.63, I really do because that will be a big downside for me if they can't fix that. I mean, missing someone from 1 meter away which is standing in the door opening isn't really hard, right?

But, all the positive changes definitely outweigh this bad one because the patch is pretty freaking amazing. Love the new visual and sounds!

Yep the west is totally different, new roads all ovedr the place, I have absolutly no idea where I am lol

k4qfSgd.jpg

That looks like it could be fun........................

KE64chz.jpg

GBpxKsE.jpg

Random ramps in the middle of nowhere.

:)

• Like 7

PU scope has a new reticle, but my first impression is that zoom hasn't been increased from previous 2.3x:

Nf82RNu.jpg

• Like 5

It's most likely been mentioned already, but please turn down the cricket noise.

It's way too loud and obnoxious and makes your ears ring.

• Like 1

Has the VOIP quality improved or do people still sound like talking through 60s phone? 

• Like 1

Visuals and audio are amazing, However it appears that there is no audio for rain as far as I noticed. 

Is there any way to know which servers are 1pp and 3pp?

33 minutes ago, Legion252 said:

Visuals and audio are amazing, However it appears that there is no audio for rain as far as I noticed. 

Yea rain audio seems to be bugged. Hopefully they fix that because they also changed that and thunder sounds too.

Not to mention a certain neato feature they might have added with rain (cannot confirm, no rain sounds atm) that i shall not spoils.

Is there any trick to actually logging in to these servers? Been getting "Connection with the host has been lost", and not been able to enter 1 server yet. 

1 hour ago, ElRolle said:

Has the VOIP quality improved or do people still sound like talking through 60s phone? 

Any feedback about this??

1 hour ago, chrhein said:

Is there any trick to actually logging in to these servers? Been getting "Connection with the host has been lost", and not been able to enter 1 server yet. 

Have found the servers to be somewhat dodgy, some are crashing every few mins, whilst others last about 30 mins, vehicles are ok (i use the term loosely) on some whilst on others its undriveable. 

28 minutes ago, jostino said:

Any feedback about this??

The VOIP to me sounded fine, but I did only encounter 1 player who tried to shoot me at Krastnostav, he sounded ok to me.

I have already said this and ill say it again, DayZ looks fantastic, well done Devs.

V9VnKF3.jpgiZLP2oh.jpgZLDw3wF.jpg0s4Xtgq.jpgkfOBYdh.jpg

Edited by donkennedy01
  • Like 5

This patch is absolutely amazing, i feel like a kid in a candy store running around on this new and improved map.

Only issue I encountered so far is with key bindings ( push to talk specifically). I always have my mouse thumb button assigned to push to talk, but now when I press it the mic icon only shows for a split second. (My voice doesn't transmit in game either) There is a ticket created for this issue on the feedback tracker so I'm not the only one having this issue, hope it gets fixed soon.

• Like 1

Personally I'm a bit disappointed with how the new ambient sounds came up to be. I really expected to "see" positional SFX playing at random time, but currently it's just a stereo audio track which replays itself over and over again. For example, hearing an eagle-owl for the first time was amazing, but pretty soon it became clear, that due to the static positioning, it always screams on your left at a certain time periods...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Trnc84 said:

This patch is absolutely amazing, i feel like a kid in a candy store running around on this new and improved map.

Only issue I encountered so far is with key bindings ( push to talk specifically). I always have my mouse thumb button assigned to push to talk, but now when I press it the mic icon only shows for a split second. (My voice doesn't transmit in game either) There is a ticket created for this issue on the feedback tracker so I'm not the only one having this issue, hope it gets fixed soon.

Have noticed the zoom in/out when bound to my mouse don't work properly either, 

Dodgy servers i get, but after 1-2 hours of trying I still haven't been on one. "Connection to the host has been lost". Tried uninstalling, repairing etc., nothing seems to fix it. 

Has anyone been able to bind "move forward" to sec. mouse button?

1 minute ago, chrhein said:

Dodgy servers i get, but after 1-2 hours of trying I still haven't been on one. "Connection to the host has been lost". Tried uninstalling, repairing etc., nothing seems to fix it. 

Have you tried re booting your router?

Just now, Trnc84 said:

I always have my mouse thumb button assigned to push to talk, but now when I press it the mic icon only shows for a split second. (My voice doesn't transmit in game either) There is a ticket created for this issue on the feedback tracker so I'm not the only one having this issue, hope it gets fixed soon.

And to everyone else having key bind issues, I have had this issue for awhile regarding mouse binds specifically. I believe it was when the -newui hit. Easy work around is to use something like Razer synapse or whatever software your mouse uses. Just bind the mouse buttons to something unused on the keyboard. You can then bind in game to that unused key and your mouse buttons will work again. Until it gets fixed this may be the only solution?

Seeing exp hit, I had to reinstall! Was a great 2 hours spent admiring all the new foliage and getting lost all over again. The new sounds are great albeit a little buggy as others have mentioned. I personally have not had too many issues though. I loaded into the only Au exp server, it was half full and fp only (yes!!!) The downpour was real and the rain was brutal. My sound didn't bug either, I had rain audio fx going the whole time it rained. This is really just a taste of whats to come I think and is a step in the right direction although not perfect.

Server was pretty snappy too and loading in literally took me 5 seconds from the server menu to running around in game. Could be due to the half pop though. Towards the end of my 2 hour run, the server crashed. I will have a more thorough test tonight.

Excellent work devs!

• Like 2

Sooo....

I tried tanning some pelts earlier.  Cooked three pots of beef steaks and lard, and then checked to find that both pelts and both bags of lime had vanished, while the other random items were intact.

I emptied the barrel and picked it up, only to find it bugged into my hands; tried to throw it and got it in the one handed animation. Logged off to a client crash, and the server I was on went down.  Oops.

Completely forgot about my F12 key for the session, but it's all up at https://www.twitch.tv/emuthreat     Highlights uploaded to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeOlohICyRM-TQx1ey-xSvg for easy viewing of the interesting bits.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Exorade said:

Is there any way to know which servers are 1pp and 3pp?

Check box filter in server browser.

PU scope looked alright in hand (apart from incorrect zoom) but didn't look very good when I put it on my SKS. A visible seam down the length of the centre post and some faint horizontal line at the tip.

Truck didn't last long.
8AWPcQ5.jpg

Night seems darker than 0.61.
ktSWzts.jpg

Made it to the famous castle.
4ky6Azt.jpg

Defenders have a big advantage as attackers can't aim up...
tlIYNNU.jpg

• Like 6

Also a lil surprise for PvPers :)

Any info on this?

good work for the visuals, the game looks fantastic! 

But unfortunatly, the servers crashing every 5 minutes or I just getting dc'ed for some reason.

And there is a bug which makes the client almost freeze, game still runs on 1 FPS. It happend while running through the forrest.

Thank you for your feedback guys, you are awesome.

Let's talk about it:

• Server crashes - It is causes by an item, we know about it now.
  • White face bug - I've sent it to out QA department.
  • Sound is too loud - Our audio designer is looking at it.
  • FPS - I have lot of messages from you about better/worse FPS. it is half and half, someone have better FPS, someone have worst. We are still working on performance.
  • If you have problem with keybindings, movement of the mouse or another problem with your inputs - delete all DayZ profiles from your documents.
  • Collision of trees - We are looking at it.

If you find something else I am listening. :)

Btw. Characters and persistence on EXP branch will be wiped today.

• Like 17

T5g2jHI.jpg

black zombie bug? btw are the nights darker now or is it just my settings?

O8X1ZlA.jpg

Truck... stuck. :(