Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

13 minutes ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

That's experimental branch bud...

They could have tested the performance. I mean c'mon, I didnt lose faith in DayZ, but that's like the bare minimum.

If it worked it would have given hope to some players at least. I'd prefer a restricted player amount (30 ?) on the servers to make it playable/testable at least.

Edited by Nicklander

20170525000702_1.jpg

- Near Balota Airfield at sunset just below the infamous sniper hill.

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, Nicklander said:

They could have tested the performance. I mean c'mon, I didnt lose faith in DayZ, but that's like the bare minimum.

If it worked it would have given hope to some players at least. I'd prefer a restricted player amount (30 ?) on the servers to make it playable/testable at least.

Experimental servers also have a stress test function. We are the ones who are testing the performance.

• Like 4

@Baty Alquawen

its fucking awesome :D 

for now i have 2 bugs.

1. i got some memory crash (i'll upload the files on feedback in a sec.)

2. its seems like the zero fps bug is back. i just got it. outside elektro. 

3. the new sounds are fucking scary :D but sadly the ambient sound or what it is. (sounds like wind but its not. ) its too loud. 

other than that. its very very nice looking :D 

keep up the good work devs.

The environment graphics and sounds are simply amazing , a bit of fine tuning here and there like the clouds animation needs to be smooth but all in all a very good job .

This is the first time I didn't change the brightness in night it is so immersive especially when you hear wolves in the distance , but we need an option to turn the HUD off especially those two aim brackets cause I can't get enough of taking screen shots .

Edited by Raptor81
  • Like 4

The Fast Forward option seems to have been removed, I prefer double tapping "W" over holding shift.

Is it gone for good?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, noiremk2 said:

The Fast Forward option seems to have been removed, I prefer double tapping "W" over holding shift.

Is it gone for good?

It's just got back to default (shift) , go to control and re-assign it , I just did it .

1 minute ago, Raptor81 said:

It's just got back to default (shift) , go to control and re-assign it , I just did it .

I don't see the option for "Fast Forward" in .62 EXP, help?

Just now, noiremk2 said:

I don't see the option for "Fast Forward" in .62 EXP, help?

it is called "turbo"

• Like 1

Is battleye blocking the ability to capture screenshots with MSI+RTSS for anyone else?

The trees!

MgcStMw.jpg

The New Castle!

uHcHKb3.jpg

The Sounds!

It's simply glorious!

Apart from the whole grey face thing which is very aging.

• Like 6

Spawned in at Solnichniy in middle of the night .

Found a V3S truck idling on one of the sidestreets. I did not see any other players nearby so I don't know if the ruck spawn idling or what. And this was right after .62 dropped

Tried to interact with a jerrycan. It show the "empty, drink" statuses but I could not see it in my hands. 

I froze to death soon after because I was not paying attention. Fun!   

• Like 2

So visually the game looks stunning.

Audio sounds good initially but gets quite annoying after a while.

Servers are crashing every couple of minutes, which makes testing somewhat difficult

Some infected are like the black face bug but the whole texture is black.

Was driving a vehicle and it was awfull, very glitchy. Like 1 step forward 2 back, this seems server dependant.

FPS seems good, I have everything turned up max @ 2560 x 1440 res and never saw it dip below 50 FPS (ASUS Z170 Pro, 6600K, 16gb 3000mhz DDR4 EVGA GTX 980TI FTW).

Infected seem to make you bleed after just 1 hit.

Not noticed the grey face bug as yet.

Thats all I got for now

e9zsic2.jpg

Edited by donkennedy01
  • Like 1

Visually impressive update. But the performance impact is pretty significant. 30-50% less fps compared to 0.61.

cRes2tv.jpg

4DIOn5K.jpgCrn12Jg.jpgfYyj4UZ.jpgYTFwhF7.jpg5PkvSH8.jpg

Also noticed that when driving a car through a bush the camera moves to inside the car

when not moving forward in a vehicle the sound is loud

Last 2 pics show black texture on infected

Edited by donkennedy01
  • Like 4

Forests look absolutely amazing. Can't hide in a tree though. Is it intended or a bug?

.eJwNyMENwyAMAMBdGADbYFKTZSpEEEmVFATOq-r

Edited by nygus_kgb
added photo
  • Like 2

4/27 servers 1PP, none NA?

Anyways: not enough sway now.

Been running for a long time and after stopping for a few seconds a standing 100 m+ headshot would be simple. After a bit more time there's almost no sway at all.

Bad change.

20 minutes ago, donkennedy01 said:

Last 2 pics show black texture on infected

Also noticed the black zeds. Keep pressing 'M'.

nu9tYNJ.jpg

20 minutes ago, marshallE said:

Visually impressive update. But the performance impact is pretty significant. 30-50% less fps compared to 0.61.

I didn't notice a big difference in frames so far, but I don't run a counter usually.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, nygus_kgb said:

Forests look absolutely amazing. Can't hide in a tree though. Is it intended or a bug?

It`s intended - the forest is dense so hard to spot anyone deep inside it. So I enjoy the new tree changes - very positive, hiding inside a tree is not a good in-game mechanic in my opinion. 

• Like 1

lol the black head bug has been replaced by wraithface.

http://imgur.com/OIzQ7pW

ok, how do you embed pictures?  I tried what used to work on other websites and nnnnope.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 2

Switched server and boom, big difference in performance. Real low frames. And they did not improve. Switched to a German server, back to good frames.

14 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

ok, how do you embed pictures?  I tried what used to work on other websites and nnnnope.

You paste the link, auto-embed. Needs the file extension.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

lol the black head bug has been replaced by wraithface.

http://imgur.com/OIzQ7pW

on imgur click copy on the direct link

• Like 1

Alright, that concludes my session tonight. For anyone who wants to get lost even though you have 1 million hours, go to the west. The entire west is different and you will get lost again there, even the veterans.

Had some good time with a lot of the Experimental regulars and eventually we got seperated because of firefights. I got DayZed again of course, which is the third time in a row. Shots not registering, which ultimately leads to my demise. I really hope this is fixed in 0.63, I really do because that will be a big downside for me if they can't fix that. I mean, missing someone from 1 meter away which is standing in the door opening isn't really hard, right?

But, all the positive changes definitely outweigh this bad one because the patch is pretty freaking amazing. Love the new visual and sounds!

• Like 6