Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.139507

The directional environment audio is a huge improvement to DayZ's atmosphere however, coming from someone that thinks sound is probably the #1 thing to get right in a game like this I think there are a few things that need improvement.

The new audio sample "houses-night" has a really annoying HOOT HOOT sound that only plays pretty loudly. Seeing how directional environment audio has come i hope it could be removed and turned into a separate audio sample to be played as a static object in trees. This goes for the rest of the animal and insect sounds in those samples. It would be better if they were played as actual audio sources in the map rather than a constantly looping/playing sound with no direction in those "zone" audio samples. Here's just a short video of the directional environment audio they have added. This goes for insects as well as tree rustles and tree wind samples too which is absolutely great. They just play slightly lower than the "zone" sample and should be the opposite. Turn your volume up for these videos. Shadowplay seems to like to record the audio at a lower volume than what I actually hear in-game.

EDIT: Oh and I also missed the fact that the wave/coastal sounds aren't directional (They play in both channels) :(

Moving towards this system ^ and not the current insects/birds/wildlife playing in the "zone" samples it would allow for features such as quieting certain audio sources when a gunshot is made. Because I don't see how it is possible to do it with the current system besides just lowering the overall volume of the "zone" sample.

Another aspect of the audio engine that i've found a bit annoying is the actual "zone" triggers that allow the engine to know what "zone" samples to play based on where the player is standing. There are a few issues such as not actually being in the correct zone and the transition between the two sounds. Here's a short video showing what i mean. Same thing for this video. Please turn up volume to hear.

As you can hear in that video. I've moved towards the houses zone and it has suddenly gotten louder, more "windy" which based on my location isn't very accurate.

On the topic of wind it seems that wind volume is not actually tied to the wind force variable in the game? (Might be wrong... I think i am)

My thoughts would be to have a consistent "volume" of noise eg. wind for each "zone" sample and then use a system that layers in wind noise based on the wind force variable in the game.

Hopefully these aspects of the audio engine can be improved upon. 

The lighting is absolutely amazing :) Thank you for doing this. Besides the fact that the clouds don't have consistent colouring with them.... :(

6ad7d4fb4b.png

Also hey devs where did the stars go? :(

It was cloudy Xd

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 12

Servers seem very unstable. Was able to play for a good 30 minutes before I got disconnected, but now I'm losing connection within 2 - 5 minutes.

Looks great so far, though. Huge visual and sound improvement. Have noticed some inventory issues, though, so I'll go to the bug tracker, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

Servers seem very unstable. Was able to play for a good 30 minutes before I got disconnected, but now I'm losing connection within 2 - 5 minutes.

Looks great so far, though. Huge visual and sound improvement. Have noticed some inventory issues, though, so I'll go to the bug tracker, I suppose.

Would this "inventory issue" be items getting stuck in their slot or a ghost item? Something like this?

PkKbEYi.png

For clarification, the green slot is where the kiwi was. The blue slot is the glitched lug wrench. If i try to place a different item in the lug wrench slots, the icon overlaps. Yes i'm aware the lug wrench takes up 2 spots but as you can see. It is quite bugged.

Those two empty slots side by side are actually filled by an invisible repair kit. Cannot move anything into those two empty slots.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 1

yeah,on danny dog post above....the sound areas should have more fade in fade out thinghy....its just changes oddly.....

7 minutes ago, clipartcat said:

Are servers currently disconnecting for all of you or is it just me?

I'm getting the same after a minute or two on the servers.

Has anyone else been able to get TrackIR working on experimental? Not working for me at all, but searching around to see if it's a local issue or a general bug before I report it.

• Like 1

Mrzí mě ,že není žádný experimentální server v ČR.To se nenajde žádný hosting u nás?Připojovat se 20x do hry a pokaždý vykopnut zřejmně kvůli pingu jelikož servery jsou v UK atp.

Ach jo

People are still dicks in this game. Got KO`d twice by fresh spawns. 

• Like 1

yeah.nature sound are somehow too loud for my ears....and too much the same little birds sound...in open field,in city....also just one infected was in city after searching them 20 minutes
also chicken was somehow low poly....is it correct word?

but for my 30 minutes test....perfomance in fps get hitted some...audio sounds not quite good....but forests felt good.
some bushes was maybe in shelter for the wind but wind animation was still on...looked odd....tomorrow more testing

All think they are Mike Tyson in this game, but I end his/her life at the church in Elektro with my P1 pistol a full mag too, but an unfortunate accident happen later that night... ..while I was afk one of my toilet breaks with my 24/7 dayz sessions - a zombie gnawed on me when I was back, and they bite quite hard so I barely had 1200 blood! I was knocked unconncious and I probably woke up as a zombie, that was my first life, but now I`m exploring Cherno found a shotgun and with a new story hopefully soon in this 0.62 journey! :)

Edited by Nebulae3

It seems that vehicles are bugged. It always buggs me back.

It is the server ? Can anyone confirm this ?

The patch is awesome! Video of the new western expansion castle is rendering right now and will be posted shortly. :)

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

I noticed that as well - some servers are really unstable with similar old 0.61 fps drop once in a while so I drop to 1 fps and it crashed to desktop/window as well for me earlier this evening. But I think some servers are better than others at the moment. 

Edited by Nebulae3

x8gKCpc.jpg

New bridge between Svetlojarsk and Novodmitrovsk.

• Like 16

Many problem with trees, we could walk throught it. It's a nice graphical update. I agree about the problem with audio. 

The light is good but with the accelerated time, it's strange to se the light who have cut move... (the light move a little with no transition and move to few meters), it's not dramatic but clearly visible.

Also the problem with vehicule that we can't take obtain the option to control it and the other minor bugs we knows and ShadowPLay^^

Finally a little picture : 

73oOayE.jpg

2lkyJ1l.png

Bonus, this Lada in my city who works without problem of selection :)

G0ZXYOg.jpg

Edited by granolabar
add image
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Would this "inventory issue" be items getting stuck in their slot or a ghost item?

Yeah pretty much. In the first instance I was picking apples, and one of the apples attached itself to the long stick on my back. However, it also cloned itself, so there were two apples on the stick - one of which was fake and couldn't be interated with. Upon eating the 'real' apple the real apple would become a fake apple, so there'd be two fake apples on my stick. Dropping the stick caused the clones, or ghosts, or whatever you want to call them, to disappear.

In the second instance I had an invisible item - a drill kit, I think - in my inventory that prevented me from storing anything in those slots. Attempting to replace the invisible item with any item in my inventory would cause that item to also become invisible. Replacing it with any item outside of my inventory (sticks on the ground, for example) would cause those sticks to drop. I had an improved knife in my hands that became invisible in my inventory. I could still use it, but I couldn't drop it. Throwing it and picking it back up caused it to behave normally again.

I found the drill kit on the floor, and put it into my inventory. This fixed the issue (which is what leads me to believe the drill kit was the problem, it seemed to exist in two states - on the floor and in my inventory.)

Similar issues have cropped up before in previous builds. I expect it'll be resolved for good in 0.63.

• Like 1

The new castle of the western expansion:

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

The new castle of the western expansion:

I can see precisely nothing. Look forward to seeing it in the daytime, though.

New forests look quite beautiful, visually it certainly is an improvement. However i’m noticing the patch does have a very big impact on my FPS indeed. Most noticeable in villages, where i usually got 50 fps (on low settings, obviously), i now have 25-30. In forests, i usually had 50s and 60s, which have become 40s and 30s. I’m on a laptop with a 960m graphics card and a i5-6300HQ, game installed on a SSD. So, pretty, though massive and in my case game-breaking FPS issues, i’d rather have the old forests and lighting and my FPS back any day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

I can see precisely nothing. Look forward to seeing it in the daytime, though.

Yeah, it sucks that it was nighttime. :(

I'm REALLY disappointed by the fact that experimental servers crash all the time.

How didn't they figure it out during the testing ?

4 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ  0.62 

Hello guys,

Today is THE DAY(Z) and we are pushing out the major 0.62 update do Experimental branch.

What is new:

• New ambient sounds

Could you add woodpeckers too now that there is owls? Also it would be cool if you could actually locate these birds and "retire" them and stop them making noise.. and stuff them and put on the end of your stick.

• Like 3