exwoll

Realistic Log-Off System.

I meant immersion breaking if you have to log out, and then come back freezing or dead.  It's a bit much to ask, especially of more casual players.  That's why I like having a benefit rather than a detriment, so it would be extra for those who care and irrelevant to those who can't be bothered to care.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I meant immersion breaking if you have to log out, and then come back freezing or dead.  It's a bit much to ask, especially of more casual players.  That's why I like having a benefit rather than a detriment, so it would be extra for those who care and irrelevant to those who can't be bothered to care.

That's how World of Warcraft's "rested XP" came to be.
http://www.psychologyofgames.com/2010/03/framing-and-world-of-warcrafts-rest-system/

The ideas almost all sound really good. What I do not want or want is:

the game starts to determine my IRL. I have played some games that have influenced the RL. No, never again, it is pure poison to the social environment.

If something like this is introduced ok. No problem, but without influence of time. What I mean is "firm deductions" or "bonus" ok ... but no punishment for long not play, or big bonuses for absence in a warm Forest house (super, before the holidays I put my Freshspawn in there, come after 7 days Back and "Rocky Bamboa" is ready.).

The problem with server hopping is perhaps the way it is now no longer. Serverhopping is indeed only through the many "private public server" correctly "in" came.

But finally: thoughts for mods are always good.

For Vanilla I say: the Devs know what they want to do.

• Like 1

Sqeezorz i agree with this.

If they pick something that someone wanted in game then ok, but don't think they will put everything asked for in game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, emuthreat said:

7 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Sqeezorz i agree with this.

If they pick something that someone wanted in game then ok, but don't think they will put everything asked for in game.

Yup. Vanilla and ez servers are out of the idea. I believe that any "realistic" suggestion is focused on hardcore/1pp servers or mods. 

I still disagree with the immersion break, since you would be dead in real life. I mean you connect, you die, next time you will know, same as with every other realistic feature this game has (cholera, hypothermia, etc) and will have in the future.  Also it shouldn't be a penalty for not being logged it.

It just penalizes the bad decision of spending the night on a winter outside, same as IRL. If you logged out in a house, you can be 1 month away, the game should count it as 1 night only!

• Like 1

It makes no sense to have environmental effects affect you while logged out.  For one thing, this would require status update ticker to occur, which would kill everyone of dehydration in 6 hours while logged out.

Perhaps I'm not understanding exactly what you propose to happen when logged off, and how and why it may happen.

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

It makes no sense to have environmental effects affect you while logged out.  For one thing, this would require status update ticker to occur, which would kill everyone of dehydration in 6 hours while logged out.

Perhaps I'm not understanding exactly what you propose to happen when logged off, and how and why it may happen.

Ok updated the first post :) 

I believe that now it should be clear :D

Edited by exwoll

yeah...readed updated post and i like it.
because this is online game and character cant do proper sleeping....in long dark,its single player...time passes by when you are sleeping but online game its not possible pass the time for everyone.
so,only solution is link log out to characters sleep....
so in dayz,its not logging out anymore...its sleep.:D
so if you think that im gonna SLEEP on hard cold road in rain with only my panties....when you WAKE UP(log in)...you are dead or barely alive.

but if you search some house...put the fire in fireplace,read some book and drink herbal tea...you wake up energized,healthy,happy and full of will to survive next day.
with this suggestion,game should have sleeping bags,crafted blankets,sleeping pad,crafted wind shelter,mosquito net

so conditions at the time when you go sleep ,affect you.it doesnt matter what happens in future in server.
and how the hell anyone can log out from apocalypse?

Edited by kopo79

On 2017-5-23 at 6:41 PM, exwoll said:

No, re-read my post lol. I just said that weather changes in the place you log off should affect the character, not that he should physically stay there (which would suck pretty hard). :)

But having some hunger thirst effects in place would be fun too!

No, re-read my coment. "1) The character obviously should not appear asleep on the server or anything like it (like Rust). This will insta kill all players. There ir no safe place in Chernarus. I know you never considered it as a possibility, but someone mentioned it in the comments."

Just to clarify.

• Like 1

yeah my bad :)

edited the first post to clarify everything anyways. 

• Like 1