Sign in to follow this  
t3h_kgb

Zombie hit mechanisms

The combat mechanism on zombies is kind of frustrating....

I got hit eight times (had to be no fewer than eight hits, I almost instantly died whilst having a "healthy" tab just prior) by one zombie in one hit...
That "hit" mentioned above wasn't even animated, just came out of nowhere as I was slowly poking away at the zombie because only players are relegated to swing speed restrictions...
Also, in a different confrontation, a zombie went total Stretch Armstrong on me and managed to hit me (like four times) at a distance long past the range of my pointy stick...

Just wanted to share... I gotta go back and try and find pants... And a canteen.. And PET bottle... And all the other stuff I lost when the zombie insta-ruined my pants by hitting me eight times in one "swing".... :D

Edited by t3h_kgb

Rule #1 play only on good ping servers.

Rule #2 take your frustation, and put into a trashcan.

Rule #3 wait for 0.63, the new system.

Rule #4 We all have the same problem, melee is risk. If the server laaging, then are infected as Russian roulette, The best is avoid the contact with infected, with sneak, wait, watch, or just reverse, else Back to Rule #1/#2/#3.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

They're easy as pie to take down one-on-one, it just feels a bit broken when they're staggering backwards and you take a hit or you get smacked a whole mess of times with one arm swing... Plus, if you want to get the best gear, you gotta kill a few zombies...

10 minutes ago, t3h_kgb said:

Snip*

Plus, if you want to get the best gear, you gotta kill a few zombies...

Correct. 

I have also traveled from Novo to Tisy, all military places looted for ammunition and weapons to destroy my bus. I had to kill more than 70 infected to find my goal (a lot of munition and the appropriate weapon) .. but with caution and tactics always: one to one. For best Loot I never go into Military Places, this is just for me PVP Loot and not "better Loot". But they all look a bit different, and that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, t3h_kgb said:

They're easy as pie to take down one-on-one, it just feels a bit broken when they're staggering backwards and you take a hit or you get smacked a whole mess of times with one arm swing... Plus, if you want to get the best gear, you gotta kill a few zombies...

That's because you are on the old controller and the infected are on the new controller so the infected are not where you see them. when the new player controller is in game it will be better melee.