Sqeezorz

What do you expect from DayZ (final)

Please only serious answer, keep the tread clean. (And do not condemn any answers you do not like)

Thanks.

My imagination. Chernarus must be hell on earth. Some places should not be accessible without tactics and ingenuity. (Areas with infected which are extremely dangerous). Some items, for example SVD should be extremely rare, so I have to think about whether I just have to die for possession of this item. The climate should have a strong influence. Much should not be done alone, or be accessible.

• Like 1

I wish the game will be so good for everybody, so there would be minimal amount of wishlists. I think it is going to have multiple ways how to play it. I wish things will not be over complicated, or too arcade, essentially will be realistic, but will have spicy and fun flowing gameplay with a lot of options. 

• Like 1

i expect true survival horror game where only most clever and best lonewolfs can survive...others has to depend from help from other players in grouping together to create little squads.
in citys,you can find fast food in form of canned foods,drinks, and medical supplys...you dont have to craft anything,just go in city and collect stuff....but...
cities are fullfilled with extreme dangerous infecteds and when they get the scent of you....20% that you can survive out of there alive.
But if with group,changes are better.
but living beside wildlife,you can have almost all of this more safely but every action,getting food,drink and medical herbs takes time.you struggle with hunger a lot,it effetcs in your stamina,you hike in landscape
slowly but your struggle get your in goal....but living in constant lack of things,lure you visit in big cities sometimes...
do you really want to make fire with firedrill kit,stuck in animation what takes time 20 minutes?or do you wanna visit nearby city to find lighter or matches?
do you wanna boil your water from the pond and be stuck in animation at the fireplace 10 minutes or do you wanna go near city to find soda ordrink from well?
do you wanna skin the chicken and maybe ruin it and be stuck at animation 15 minutes or wanna go to visit supermarket in cherno,to find maybe delicious tuna or beans?
either way....in apocalypse,you are in deep S**t

• Like 2

it should be a game where you have to make decisions:

deciding what you really need to carry because weight has consequences.  deciding if it's worth attacking someone because getting hurt has long-term consequences, and character death punishes you in some way.  deciding if using a gun is necessary in a situation because ammo is so rare.  etc etc.

that's the game I'm hoping for.

Peter - "When all the systems like metabolism, diseases, injuries, stamina, weather impact, infected, predators and others will fall in place and became fine balanced you will witness a definitive survival game, where you need to be careful, have to plan ahead and get prepared for possible upcoming situations - this is DayZ people."

This is what I expect from the final DayZ.

• Like 3

also some kind of humanity status should be in game...killing everybody should be almost freely to achieve but lunatic murderers,who snipe womans and mans,just to check what they carry on their backpacks should maintain their mental health with some medification.
or then they should bury the bodies what they kill but burying the body...what a mess...shoveling the pit in cold,hard soil in middle of rain takes time.
killings happens in end of the world but you can be nice killer,who pull the trigger and then lay to rest wictim and get just little penalty on your mental health.
but nasty lunatic killer murderers:)...they pull the trigger,take teddy bear from backpack and then eat pills.if pills run out....go visit in cherno hospital.

In apocalypse, your life is 'nasty, brutish and short' even in a pure PVE setting, like it is for wild animals.

Your most prized possession? A Glock with 3 damaged bullets, some antibiotics, matches, tools for crafting arrows or bolts.

You can't raid a mil base by yourself due to the immense threat of military zeds, so you keep your radio open or leave a note in a somebody's tent you've found in order to look for a helpful hand.

Unless you keep your wits about you, by default you'll be cold, hungry and just barely getting over some sickness. Bright-green energized/hydrated is how you recognize a veteran player.

You're always on your toes - some zeds never shriek, some can enter high windows, smash doors in. In cities, you either crouch or crawl. You watch a huge zed intensely and wait until he shuffles away. Playing at night is like playing Slenderman.

I understand this is not what many people want and that such a game would have a steep learning curve, but hey, you asked about our personal expectations. ;)

I don't know what would need to happen for me to say that dayz became too hard.

And I think that PVP will always remain strong, no matter what you do. Clans will always have their own "join=kick" servers and big bases with loads of boomsticks. But solo players, they should be thrilled to find a can opener.

Above all, the in-game behaviour should not boil down to looting. Your gameplay shouldn't be just 'let me see here, let me see there'. I've looted thousands of buildings and frankly, I'm kinda fed up with it. Many times I want to go back to dayz, then I just see a row of building and think to myself, 'no, looting these is the opposite of what I'd like to do now and how I imagine surviving in a post-apoc environment'.

• Like 2

and where guns are rare and bullets are like coins/cash/money....that i forgot.

I, I wanna die!

Mods will give most of us what we want.

I only hope that vanilla is to my liking as well.

Seriously, i'm expecting to have the best game ever :D

Id like to have actual reason to go to different locations. Like: a) there is bus repair shop, Ill go there to find car parts; b) big town has supermarkets, Ill try to find matches, knives, propane tanks there.... c) sawmill in Berezino, get in there and steal bilding materials...

On 20.5.2017 at 10:29 PM, OliverPlotTwist said:

Peter - "When all the systems like metabolism, diseases, injuries, stamina, weather impact, infected, predators and others will fall in place and became fine balanced you will witness a definitive survival game, where you need to be careful, have to plan ahead and get prepared for possible upcoming situations - this is DayZ people."

This is what I expect from the final DayZ.

Same here.