kopo79

How old are you?

Talking about age, 38 caliber here :) With all the things that went on, had a couple of years break but generally in gaming since 1985. DayZ really got my attention, since I consider it still an unconventional game. I play it either alone or with a small group of 30-40 year old EU players that I joined two years ago. 

• Like 1

I'm 25 and have been playing the game on and off again for about a year and a half,  always trying to stay in touch with news and such. I play from a morally grey perspective as I just don't trust many over the Internet and can say my Kill-notches are above 50, though I don't seek to poop on anyone's day - Just happens!

I'm ultimately very optimistic about the game and appreciate the regulars keeping this place maintained :)

Edit: US resident

Edited by Espa
  • Like 1

I'm 53. 791 hours in and started playing in December of 2014. Currently in northern USA (Legal Alien! :-) ) and originally from RSA. 

I like PvE more than PvP. Wish I have more time to play though. I usually play alone and only recently started to joining emuthreat and Biohaze etc. 

• Like 5

i think that we oldies should be in some clan,that we could grill chickens in forest and share our tales from our lives...
:D
The oldest are the goldest
          Xx-CLAN-Xx

• Like 6

one requirement should be must in our characters....carry painkillers all time on your backpack for your backpain,shoulders,etc

• Like 10

I am 18! It's cool to see there's such a large age range who play DayZ.

40, 1500+ hours, no pvp except in self defense

Edit: Back in the day there was an fps called Enemy Territory, and the OFC or Old Farts Clan. Someone should use the name. Most of this thread could join.

http://www.ofclan.com/

Edited by cleitus_wigglesworth

On 5/25/2017 at 1:43 PM, kopo79 said:

i think that we oldies should be in some clan,that we could grill chickens in forest and share our tales from our lives...
          Xx-CLAN-Xx

I made a clan with a friend a while back called FOG.. for older gamers.. only when it first started we named it Fucking Old Guys.

Then someone pointed out how that sounded wrong.. like really wrong. So we changed it. :P

I am 39, going on 16 mentally and 87 physically.

• Like 6

Bandit:"Stop right there,hands up!,who are you guys?"

Clan:"We are fucking old guys

Bandit:you sick bastards,pew,pew,bang,pew

• Like 2

On 5/23/2017 at 0:35 AM, exwoll said:

I got curious with this thread :). 

How about a little poll? https://goo.gl/forms/cdJXAxZr3kUa4wKR2

done, I guess you are also Dutch?

Will you at one point share the result of the poll?

Edited by nl

6 hours ago, kopo79 said:

Bandit:"Stop right there,hands up!,who are you guys?"

Clan:"We are fucking old guys

Bandit:you sick bastards,pew,pew,bang,pew

I know you don't think so, but one day you will be there.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I'm 47. Approaching 6,000 hours in game. Sheesh, how did that happen?

6k hours? it's a lot of time! Congrats

On 5/20/2017 at 2:46 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I'm 77 live in USA and i have 1696 hours in dayz standalone so far, and i'm legally blind so i have nose prints on the monitor screen. 

That is awesome, just like my father playing and i am 47.... Glad to see your into games like this.

I gave you beans, but would rather give you a beer!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 4:43 PM, kopo79 said:

Xx-CLAN-Xx

But then i would be kicked out for stalking all the kids, and KOSing them :(

Going to turn 25 in june, just hit 2 k hours with the start of 0.62 and live in <---

Ran out of beans...  Great post.

Just to add some details too. 2390 hours in. Still remember my first kill. It was January 10th 2014. I was at the NEAF and was looking for a vest, back then it was a military area. I heard some footsteps and saw a guy outside the window. Started talking to him, asking him his intentions, and telling him I wasn't hostile or looking for trouble. Sadly he started aiming at the door, crouched and walked slowly towards me without saying any words. Tried in vain to persuade him not to be foolish, but it was too late. Shot him in the face after the final warning... 

As of today I probably have under 20 kills, as I'm not looking for "pvp" in DayZ. But I've met a few hundred players still. I usually look the same way, or try to, since day 1. 

If you ever see me, just say hi! 

Safe travels survivors. Cheers.

P.S. : The first kill. The one that leaves a mark. Past and present looks.

142gcwy.jpg

W.i.P.

2hdm7ht.jpg

Finished product.

2j434f8.jpg

nwmuk6.jpg

• Like 3

My kill scores are exactly 4. (1000 h+)
3 it was in Vibor at the militarycamp, I was traveling with 2 colleagues and we were quite rambo, then heard steps, we had panic and ran in all directions, and then I saw the 3, they stood there with weapons and knew where my 2 colleagues, I saw RED and there were 3 dead, then we went to the corpses, they had no ammunition to their weapons. R.I.P.
The 4 kill was on EXP. In Vibor I ran a full equipped me directly in front of the bus, it went too fast, I was in 1pp as almost always, I was sorry, because it looked as if he wanted something from me, R.I.P. My vybor friend, but you were running so fast to the street.

I myself have often died, surely to the 100 times, but mostly I knew this would end so, even with bugs.
I'm called Thondra S, I'm always a black guy who almost never carries a shotgun, or even in areas with wolves, I need the nerve tickle.

Even if there is a lot of KoS, I will not change my way to play DayZ, I believe it will bring me an advantage with Final.
This does not mean I do not like PvP ... I've made many years in Quake 1/2/3 online PVP, but DayZ is not for my the real game for this.

I'm Play very seldom at the moment, I track the development of DayZ with tension and support a Roleplay Community (German)

"a Little additional to my first post here"

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

ok i'll play, i'm 50 with 2377 hrs. i play alone in every way i can. i dont remember my first kill but it was likely one of those nice little "did you just swing an axe at me?!?" revenge type things. i do remember my second kill very well, he was fighting an infected at the revised neaf, i had been sighting my mosin for distance and was looking out at about 700 meters when i saw them. i watched him take a lot of damage without seeming to make any progress in his endeavors when he paused and i realized he was still and just in my crosshairs. it was almost automatic as i clicked the little mouse and the mosin belched fire and smoke. he issued forth a bit more blood and dropped like a bag of rocks. i left the infected alone, satisfied that i was ranging correctly and moved north. that was the one and only time i have ever offered unsolicited ammo to another player.

i try to avoid any and all contact and if i do happen to encounter another player i will either flee or die. i've stopped talking to everyone. 

i am a recluse.

on a side note: can it get any prettier?

• Like 2