kopo79

How old are you?

34 jear old from Austria (the one with the Goats, not the Kangoroo). I play this game for 6 month now. Mostly frindly and hiding in the woods playing with wolfs. Sometimes Beachparty with random deaths at Kamy or Berenzino. Slowly getting better in PVP-situations. I took my first steps and this game changes with every single step. I cannot imagine that this will ever get bored. Especialy with all the updates that changes gameplay, enviroment, AI......

• Like 4

Round me off to the nearest year and I'm 35. Gaming has always been a hobby of mine, the wife does "not get it".. unfortunately she's one of those people who think video games are for kids.

• Like 1

I was spawned in 1970.

• Like 8

I'll be 40 soon.

Strange to think back on all the changes in my life since I became involved with DayZ mod/SA.

I'm often told I look 30-32, I love that (so do the young ladies). :D

Sometimes I meet guys my age and they look ancient next to me.

I've made cool DayZ friends of all ages, personally I find the older players are often more sophisticated in their play styles, younger guys are more aggressive in general, but some have really impressed me as wise beyond their years.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

I'm 81% sure that at only 20, I'm the youngest DayZ fan...

Younger people only knows Phasebook, I mean FaceBook. They don't know that true beauty of internet are real specific forums, and their communities. I have been witnessing this that most forums members are a little bit older. In short younger generation is very limited with their internet places - facebook, youtube... 

On 5/20/2017 at 2:46 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I'm 77 live in USA and i have 1696 hours in dayz standalone so far, and i'm legally blind so i have nose prints on the monitor screen. 

31. Hope to grow up to be like green_mtn_grandbob some day :D

Younger people only knows Phasebook, I mean FaceBook. They don't know that true beauty of internet are real specific forums, and their communities. I have been witnessing this that most forums members are a little bit older. In short younger generation is very limited with their internet places - facebook, youtube... 

Yeah,  people younger than 25 don´t understand forums mostly. They got used to the raw pre-filtered info flow of facebook, instagram, reddit, twitter, etc. The high level of organization forums have isn{t valued by them, they just want to see what others like. 

If I listen to my paranoid self, that was planned to keep people in a permanently distracted system where they have troubles to organize and keep track of discussions that could evolve to system-threatening levels :P

Edited by exwoll
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Gobbokirk said:

40 with the body of a lazy 20 year old crawling from a car crash :p

you're not supposed to keep those 20 yr olds.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

you're not supposed to keep those 20 yr olds.

As long as they use the lotion they can stay.. oh wait... ssssh

• Like 1

I will turn 26 this year (1991). Still trying to survive inside this game :p

• Like 1

28 Years Old East Kentucky i,m pretty much just a reg player i,ve played 119 hours and counting and i,ve killed 2 people one was a hacker i,m pretty sure deers don't have gun's i shot a deer run to the body then get axed in the back lmao thank god for my trusty cz 75 with 3 clips then run down the rode about 100 feet and get droped by a mp5k guy had alot of good and bad times playing this game met alot of good friends too lmao 

Edited by HardCoreGamer44
  • Like 1

47 here.  I've met plenty of mature younger players and I've met plenty of knucklehead gamers much older than I am.  I think the same holds true in irl too

• Like 3

I'll be 24 years young in couple of months. Currently my PC sits ~200km away from me and next time I turn on my PC will likely be around September. Hopefully the 0.62 or even 0.63 have been released then. I'll be following the progress.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, exwoll said:

If I listen to my paranoid self, that was planned to keep people in a permanently distracted system where they have troubles to organize and keep track of discussions that could evolve to system-threatening levels :P

Well.... IMHO it has worked so far!

Nice observation, and if my kids are any indication... Sadly True!

We in our 50s and older have the unique ability to draw from both the current states of our technology/society and also still maintain our experiences/knowledge from our youth. With this perspective I think we are the last generations that will truly appreciate how lucky we are.

Playing this great game is a treat for me, after a long week of hard work, stress, and real-world interactions...I can immerse myself in a world that is devoid of any real-life consequences and just have some fun being an adventurer/savior/killer/survivor.

(Not necessarily in that order...and not always in the same proportions).

• Like 3

Nice post bro!
At least is a interesting one, not a "Fuking give 0.62" one...

29 years old here!

It seems that we are an old community!

I would love to see stadistics about the main age on Dayz players and also on Arma3

• Like 1

18 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

I'll be 24 years young in couple of months. Currently my PC sits ~200km away from me and next time I turn on my PC will likely be around September. Hopefully the 0.62 or even 0.63 have been released then. I'll be following the progress.

This is so sad dude :(

9 hours ago, exwoll said:

I got curious with this thread :). 

How about a little poll? https://goo.gl/forms/cdJXAxZr3kUa4wKR2

Done mate!

• Like 1

21, Turkey, 1200 hours played. I usually play friendly and do not engage PVP stuff.

I am a hermit, I try to collect all rare items in my camp. I raid camps and loot military bases to reach my end goal. 

I avoid players and only engage with friends that I trust or people from the forums that are trustworthy. I probably won't kill a player even if I have the upperhand unless they pose a threat to me.

Edited by yazar8
  • Like 3

44 years young.... They say your only as old as the woman you feel so i guess that really makes me 33.

• Like 1