kopo79

How old are you?

hmm,how old are you guys?or girls?
just thinking sometimes when writing with someone here that because im old fart...37 years.
am i writing with 15 years oldies or old fart like me?
and maybe more...where are you from?
im from finland:D

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

I am 47, but I act and feel like a 15 year old ;) There are probably more "seniors" playing games than you may think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Omg...im young

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

33. Not sure if it's old or young by everyone's standards, but I feel old...

• Like 1

Monday I turn 40 and I just realized my wallet is 20yrs old.

Edited by atomquark
  • Like 2

Lol, odin i say you are middle young.

I stay at 46 years, life in swiss, and i have never learnig english.... i scratch my to the language.

• Like 3

I'm 77 live in USA and i have 1696 hours in dayz standalone so far, and i'm legally blind so i have nose prints on the monitor screen. 

• Like 11

30, Western US.  Srarting to feel honored when I'm ID"d for beer.

• Like 3

51 years old, with 2,793 hours played (zero hours pvp)

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

51 years old, with 2,793 hours played (zero hours pvp)

zero hours pvp?
i have played over 500 hours i guess and never killed anyone other player...maybe one guy i killed when i was grilling chicken and this russian guy comes there and try to hit with axe in my face.
i put the stick in the eye:D

• Like 3

I'm 35, living in Warsaw, Poland. I've clocked +1300 hours and have probably circa 20 kills under my belt, all in self-defence or hot spots. Usually trying to help people (although I've learnt to keep freshies in a crosshair while I talk to them, when will the Tyson punch go away?). Once I and my friend were called by some dude 'the friendliest guys I've met in this game'. :D

Edited by Kirov (DayZ)
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

30, Western US.  Srarting to feel honored when I'm ID"d for beer.

I must say I wondered once or twice. You always contribute mature and informative content, and I try to know and explore the game mechanics as much as possible. Keep it up!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

zero hours pvp?
i have played over 500 hours i guess and never killed anyone other player...maybe one guy i killed when i was grilling chicken and this russian guy comes there and try to hit with axe in my face.

Haha. Not trying to derail thread, but maybe add another facet.
I'm sitting at 3875 hours right now, and didn't get my first kill until around 500 hours. It was with a group of PVPers that were training wheels for my exploration of the western edge of the map.  I was late logging in when going to new server at witchy shrine by Myshkino, and had the honor of sneaking 100 meters down the road to the treeline and taking a gut-shot with my repeater on the last guy standing, as he was looting my friends.
It wasn't until about 1500 hours into this game that I got very comfortable with going anywhere that I felt like, anytime I wanted, and learning to deal with the consequences.  Now I just stash a bunch of decent stuff and go try to rub my balls scent all over the server, albeit dying relatively frequently.

It definitely changes how you play and see the game after different milestones.

Is it better to just go run to player concentrations for PVP, or to go hide in the woods and sneak your way to a good safe existence, do you avoid players altogether, or get yourself set-up on a server and try to build an army?  How has this changed as your hours stacked up?

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

zero hours pvp?

pewpewing other players just doesn't interest me, and it's not what I bought this game for.  when I run into an unexpected stranger I either try talking or just run, depending on how he reacts to seeing me.

while the survival horror aspects of this game get fleshed out, I entertain myself with 'missions'.  mostly finding things for people and the occasional medical emergency.  and I set rules for myself for roleplaying purposes, like no canned food and making zombie bites (when they make me bleed) fatal.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 2

44 years old, and as friendly as an old hound dog in game, seems to be a thing that we older players like to be the good guys, and the young guns are the bad ones!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zyriun said:

A mere 18 years old. My kind seems to be rare here

I don't know for sure, but some 18 year olds can be quite mature. 

• Like 1

Just now, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I don't know for sure, but some 18 year olds can be quite mature. 

I like to think I am, but then again who am I to say?

• Like 2

34 years old swedish wooki.. 1047 hours as of right now and 1 kill.

I like to be sneeky

• Like 2

1989 (28 years old, Poland), atm hibernating for months but looking forward to get back to the Chernarus.

• Like 1